The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Magnificent_one
I reserved Windows 10 but it can still take a long time before i get it. Should i force a download of wait?
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:I reserved Windows 10 but it can still take a long time before i get it. Should i force a download of wait?
Just do a Google search for windows 10 media creation tool. It's basically the same thing but with more options.
By Magnificent_one
All up and running. Only need to clone my HD to my SSD with the samsung software now.
Not a huge fan of the W10 tbh, slower than W7 (but i hope this will be fixed once it's working from the SSD) and my gf hates 10 with a vengeance :lol: So might need to go back to W7 eventually. I can still upgrade later this/next year when i want to.
Only need to figure out how to go back now i did a clean install rather than an update to W10. :|
By smartie
Cant see why you would hate Windows 10 compared to 7, essentially it works exactly the same.
By kev_croombs2
Magnificent_one » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 am wrote:All up and running. Only need to clone my HD to my SSD with the samsung software now.
Not a huge fan of the W10 tbh, slower than W7 (but i hope this will be fixed once it's working from the SSD) and my gf hates 10 with a vengeance :lol: So might need to go back to W7 eventually. I can still upgrade later this/next year when i want to.
Only need to figure out how to go back now i did a clean install rather than an update to W10. :|
I used reflect rather than the Samsung software as i found it easier to create a mirror
By Adey
smartie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:15 am wrote:Cant see why you would hate Windows 10 compared to 7, essentially it works exactly the same.
I don't hate it. I just find it very like 8.1 to navigate around. I only have it on an old Core2 Duo laptop so it doesn't seem that quick & I was having problems finding OpenOffice Writer to start a new document. That's why I asked about Classic Shell.
By smartie
I tend to pin most used apps to the taskbar and everything else I just press the Windows key and then type the program name(or the first few letters). Suppose it could be a bit clunky on a slower PC but my search results are almost instant. Windows key, type "note" or "word", app pops up first in the list, press enter, about 1 second. :)
By mjhamilton
As above - just type what you want and go - much faster than sifting through shortcuts and menus once you get the hang of it

SSD is a must it will not perform well without this

Also suggest a clean install to get the best out of the system
By cheapskate
Can someone please explain something to me.

Bought my daughter a Toshiba laptop with a HD in it. Got some app that supposedly reads the OS license key from the bios and grabbed that. I swapped it out and put an SSD I had lying around in and put windows 8.1 on it and went to put in the key but it wouldn't accept it. Upgraded to 10 but it wants the original key.

I thought the key was in the firmware these days and that the OS is supposed to just check that? Is that not the case?

How are you supposed to install a new drive if the old one broke if the key is on the drive and not in firmware?

I still have the original drive untouched.
By mjhamilton
Upgrade the original drive to windows 10

Install the new drive and install windows 10 from scratch - just skip the two points it asks for a key (don't enter anything just skip)

Job done
By Adey
Adey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 pm wrote:
smartie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:15 am wrote:Cant see why you would hate Windows 10 compared to 7, essentially it works exactly the same.
I don't hate it. I just find it very like 8.1 to navigate around. I only have it on an old Core2 Duo laptop so it doesn't seem that quick & I was having problems finding OpenOffice Writer to start a new document. That's why I asked about Classic Shell.
I really should read all the posts before I post. :D :oops:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]