The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By doug2507
Looking for some hands on reviews of anyone using the new S6.

Was an iphone user for years then changed to Android with an Xperia Z2 and never looked back. I've now broken the screen on my second Z2 though (tiny drop again) and don't want a third so the replacement will be sold.

S6 seems to leave the iphone 6 standing spec wise and I'm not waiting about till September for the new iphone. LG G4 is another option to wait for (28th May) but want some feedback on the Sammy.

I pretty much only use it for emails/browsing, movies whilst travelling and the odd pic when out and about.
By EvoStu
The specs are awesome, the reviews equally so. Many are saying its a step back in terms of the fact you can't remove the battery or use an SD card etc.

The LG G4 is also a good shout and/or if you want a full vanilla Android experience then the Nexus 6 is a decent phone.

There's also the new Xperia coming out which has a suitably epic camera by all accounts.
By jtc
I still rate the LG G3 as the best handset, albeit older and lower specced compared to the latest.
By doug2507
Must admit I've liked the Z2 on the whole, switching from iOS to android probably accounted for that. Removable sd card was a big factor for me at the time but in all honesty I've not used that perk as much as I expected. Removable battery isn't a big deal for me either, I've usually always got power available but do like a charge to last!

Z2 camera is sh-t hot and much prefer image quality of it compared to my partners iphone5. If it wasn't for the reported screen issues with the z3 and me breaking two z2's I'd probably go for the z4. Previous phone was a 3gs which was dropped numerous times but stayed in one piece.

So what appeals with the g3 over the new g4 then? G4 looks like it might top the list but the s6 has had such great reviews (from official reviewers, user mixed due to sd/battery) it looks like the 'safe bet'.
By EvoStu
jtc wrote:I still rate the LG G3 as the best handset, albeit older and lower specced compared to the latest.
So do many people mate.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]