The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By andy.h
Right I've been running the kodi.tv app on my nexus 10 with the tv addons wizard installed which gives me everything tv film sport wise and then using my chromecast to watch it on my tv. Safe to say it's pretty epic have just bought a minix neo z64 android mini pc with mouse controller and keyboard and will be installing it on there so I've a more stable way of watching films tv box sets ect On my tv. How are you getting on with yours ed?
http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX- ... ID-TV.html
By Ed Case
andy.h wrote:Right I've been running the kodi.tv app on my nexus 10 with the tv addons wizard installed which gives me everything tv film sport wise and then using my chromecast to watch it on my tv. Safe to say it's pretty epic have just bought a minix neo z64 android mini pc with mouse controller and keyboard and will be installing it on there so I've a more stable way of watching films tv box sets ect On my tv. How are you getting on with yours ed?
http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX- ... ID-TV.html
After doing loads of research I bought the Amazon Fire TV box last weekend. Signed up for the Amazon Prime 30 day trial.
I've only got round to installing Kodi today following a how-to on YouTube, then installed Fusion and auto config. So far looks brilliant, had a quick flick through Genesis, Game of Thrones and Strike Back on there will keep me going. Will add SportsDevil and Vdub25 for all my sport soon.
Seems to be some issues on ProjectFreeTV, it won't play but hunting for a fix.
Probably won't bother with Amazon Prime at £79 as its all on Kodi and tonnes more.
Still new to this, but can see it building into an epic tool as I include more add-ons.
By andy.h
I've been running my mintex for a bit now have added metalkettle repo as well although I mainly use Genesis as the layout is nice and its easy to navigate. Robinhood seems to have gone down as well. Have been watching last man on earth the first series really funny defo worth a watch.
By EvoStu
Mark wrote:How's the Amazon box running?
Mines really good. Only issue I have is a small bug with Plex, but other than that, faultless.
By khani47
EvoStu wrote:
Mark wrote:How's the Amazon box running?
Mines really good. Only issue I have is a small bug with Plex, but other than that, faultless.
Got myself the Nvidia Shield TV after ditching the AFTV.

Stream my PC games to my living room now, Plex works perfectly as does Kodi.
It is bare on UK content side of things because I had to buy from the States. (Not available in UK until Nov/Dec)

I'd 100% recommend one of these.
By EvoStu
I like the idea of the shield. Not sure how it all translates into real world usage though.
By andy.h
Wookie is just an instalation wizard same as the tvaddons one I used its still called kodi. I was going to get one of droidsticks but ended up buying my own box and installing it all myself as it's free to do..
By wormvortex
The kodi boxes sold online are usually of a poor quality and there is nothing special at all about what they offer. Anyone with any computer logic could install kodi and these add on's themselves. The actual steams as well as often poor quality and you will spend ages finding one that actually works due to them always being taken down.

Kodi is excellent imo but only if used to stream content from a nas etc...

If you don't care about HD content and 5.1 surround content the streams are ok. Otherwise I'd avoid.
By Ed Case
Took the Amazon fire over to the house in France today. Connected to the wifi at 2 meg and the kids are currently watching a movie on Genisis with no issues at all.
I'll be watching tonight's episode of Strike Back an hour after it airs on Sky 1 tonight. So far I've watched season 4 and 5 of Game of Thrones in great quality. Currently watching Outlander. So far, I've been impressed with both picture and sound.
Latest movies on at the cinema are questionable though. Big test is going to be the start of the footie season, I've downloaded vdub25 and Sportsdevil for this.
Biggest bonus is that Murdoch isn't getting a penny.

Also considering getting a Firestick at £25 for Kodi on my travels.
By andy.h
I've watched numerous games last season on hd streams on my kodi and if it's not hd the quality is generally pretty good. There's also a app where it shows all the highlights of the games that have played that day. Il put up the ones I use when I fire my box up next ed case.
By EvoStu
Ed Case wrote:Took the Amazon fire over to the house in France today. Connected to the wifi at 2 meg and the kids are currently watching a movie on Genisis with no issues at all.
I'll be watching tonight's episode of Strike Back an hour after it airs on Sky 1 tonight. So far I've watched season 4 and 5 of Game of Thrones in great quality. Currently watching Outlander. So far, I've been impressed with both picture and sound.
Latest movies on at the cinema are questionable though. Big test is going to be the start of the footie season, I've downloaded vdub25 and Sportsdevil for this.
Biggest bonus is that Murdoch isn't getting a penny.

Also considering getting a Firestick at £25 for Kodi on my travels.
Firestick is a bargain to be honest.
By Ed Case
Faultless HD stream of the Bournemouth v Aston Villa just now, very easy to find. I'm liking Kodi more and more.
By Ed Case
Vdubt25 add-on, watched NBCSN feed, proper English commentary and Robbie Earle and some fit bird in the studio.
By andy.h
I also like the football replay repo which has highlights of all the games that have been on that day. Has anyone updated to isenguard yet is there much difference?
By Mark
Tired to watch the Liverpool game last night, downloaded Vdub or whatever his name is.... any in the whole it was okay good quality and all that, I did get a fair amount of buffering though, I read this could be something to do with using a wireless connection and maybe something to do with cache. Cracking goal :LOL:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]