The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Ed Case
This is totally new to me. I met my brother who lives in France at the weekend, he told me about the Kodi TV box. He reckons he gets any football match, movie or any show from around the world absolutely free, even PPV. He's a bit of a bullshitter, but reckons they are illegal in the UK but can get on delivered to France for me for £60.
I've checked a few YouTube vids on these and I'm interested. I've also found this on Amazon UK :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Latest-Mobie-SO ... words=Kodi

Does anyone own or know anything about these? Is it worth getting?
By andy.h
Ive been looking at these myself lately you can buy them pre loaded with all the channels you need on ebay plenty of sellers selling them. These guys sell slightly more expensive ones but give tech support and updates. The m.8 android boxes seem to be the better ones to get.
http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/
By EvoStu
Looks interesting and pretty illegal. :roflmao: :bigthumb:

This review made me laugh..........evidently nothing to do with the box.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Tablet for children, 19 April 2015
By azad - See all my reviews
This review is from: Latest Mobie SOLO TV - Quad Core Android KitKat 4.4.2 XBMC/KODI Streaming HD TV Box Player (Electronics)
It is an amazing tablet specially fit for children. It has so many
features and nice apps which are responsive and quite handy. It also
has some good games which are very fit to children. It is easiest
thing to set up. It's price also reasonable to purchase. It is a handy
tablet for children.
By greesha
Brilliant stuff I use it everyday. I store my series and movies on a NAS at home. Thus can make a great library of digital content. Find info and covers online etc. Recommended
By Mark
You can install Kodi (XBMC) on your computer and do the same things, you can also run from an android phone/box or Raspberry PI.

I have also recently been reading in to this.

Quality it pretty decent on the computer.
By J
So what you want to take something and not pay for it.

Dirty thief.
By Mark
I actually think the difference here is the content is streamed rather the stored locally, does that still make it illegal/stealing?
By J
All our programs that originate as live get delayed by 2.5 seconds. Therefore you are watching a recording of football which belongs to us and the premier league. This was done following that silly woman who was to tight to pay sky for her football pictures and she was getting them from NOVA in Greece. Simple problem fixed.
By EvoStu
andy.h wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Can you install Plex on it?
You can install any app of play store on there.
Sounds good.
By Ed Case
Going to order an android Kodi box tonight.
In the meantime, I've downloaded Kodi onto an HTC one X, followed some online guides and have had the Liverpool game on live and now have the Man city Villa match on.
Impressed.
By J
Bet you would steal your petrol if you thought you can get away with it.
By andy.h
Ed Case wrote:Going to order an android Kodi box tonight.
In the meantime, I've downloaded Kodi onto an HTC one X, followed some online guides and have had the Liverpool game on live and now have the Man city Villa match on.
Impressed.
Ed which box did you buy? Let us know how you get on very tempted to buy one. Did you get a wireless mouse and keyboard as your need one to add links
By J
May as well go on the rob round the estates.
By Ed Case
J wrote:Bet you would steal your petrol if you thought you can get away with it.
Murdoch has been fleecing me for years for 300 channels of shite. Gave up Sky 2 1/2 years ago, I have no desire to that child without a father another penny.
By Ed Case
andy.h wrote:
Ed Case wrote:Going to order an android Kodi box tonight.
Impressed.
Ed which box did you buy? Let us know how you get on very tempted to buy one. Did you get a wireless mouse and keyboard as your need one to add links
Probably getting this one with the Rii 8 remote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slybox-Preloade ... words=Kodi

Review:

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]