The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Ed Case
Ok, ex-wife is now in possession of my 50" Panansonic Plasma so I'm on the lookout for a new TV. Don't want to spend a fortune, say up to £500 and only have space for 42" or 46" at a stretch. No longer have Sky b-lox. So only free HD, netflix and PS3 gaming and the odd blue ray.
No idea which type LED, plasma, LCD these days.
I'm just lazy to search so asking the experts!

Cheers
By EvoStu
Goto Currys and see all the nice shiny TV's. Then goto Costco or Richersounds and buy one from there and get the 5 year warranty thrown in.

To be honest I can't believe the speed at which 4K is dropping. :cool:
By Ed Case
I see some 4Ks are dropping and the demos look awesome, but where is the viewing content?
Is 3d worth it for gaming? I wonder how GT6 would look. Are there many 3d games out there? I saw a 48" Samsung at Tescos for £549.
By EvoStu
Ed Case wrote:Nice TV, just been looking at that Samsung. Does it come with 2 pairs of glasses or are they extra?
Mine did but I also bought another 4 sets as they were stupid cheap at the time.

I have used them the grand total of twice!
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:Samsung glasses are £20 for 2 pairs
Yup I paid this for mine. The LG passive glasses are like £20 for about 90 pairs these days. LOL!
By J
For us it won't be a problem as we sell to the rest of the world using our own space . Murdock will need bigger sky boxes though.
J wrote:For us it won't be a problem as we sell to the rest of the world using our own space . Murdock will need bigger sky boxes though.
will UHD transmit over air?!?! Surely you'll start cooking birds sitting of rooftop antenna??

If it's coming over broadband how are the 75% of the population who are stuck on mediocre copper services going to view your content?

Any other badly thought out idea
By J
No idea and not really of intrest On how it will reach the table. As long as the pictures reach the countries and there are no complaints then I am happy, I have no idea how (or why) people watch football in this country it's only men in shorts.
By Ed Case
Quick look in Currys today. They had split screen demos, HD Vs UHD up scaling on the 4Ks. The HD comparison looked well scaled back and blurry just to emphasise the difference. Bit like Sky reducing bandwidth on SD to push HD. Still impressive though. Overheard salesman saying there is 4K on Netflix, breaking Bad, house of Cards etc. is that a higher subscription though?
Still calling bull on those shop demos though.
By EvoStu
Ed Case wrote:Quick look in Currys today. They had split screen demos, HD Vs UHD up scaling on the 4Ks. The HD comparison looked well scaled back and blurry just to emphasise the difference. Bit like Sky reducing bandwidth on SD to push HD. Still impressive though. Overheard salesman saying there is 4K on Netflix, breaking Bad, house of Cards etc. is that a higher subscription though?
Still calling bull on those shop demos though.
Saw the new OLED large screens from LG at Xmas in the US and they're that good a picture you'd swear it was 4k even though it's only 1080p.
By Adey
What did you buy in the end?

Think I'd stick with LG but the Samsung TVs always look good too. TVs are so cheap lately. We bought an LG 47" LM670t about 3 years ago at £950 (with 5 year warranty) which we love & about 3 months ago my mate bought the same size, not as pretty admittedly, that does all the same stuff for something in the region of £330.

I think we have saved about £500 in electric though. The quoted electric usage for our old 50" Panasonic Plasma was over £200 per year & the new LG we bought was something stupid like £14 per year :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]