The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By mjhamilton
Jules wrote:She does
we got that one - but it doesn't make this device worth the money for people without special requirements - it has nothing over other devices already on the market costing half the price or less - except of course it has worse battery life, doesn't work on tattoo's and will be obsolete with the new one that comes out in less than 12 months

At least you had the good sense to get someone else to pay for it for you ;)
By Jules
mjhamilton wrote:
we got that one - but it doesn't make this device worth the money for people without special requirements - it has nothing over other devices already on the market costing half the price or less - except of course it has worse battery life, doesn't work on tattoo's and will be obsolete with the new one that comes out in less than 12 months

Good point, I will go and buy a moto 360. No wait it doesn't work with my phone. Ok, will get a pebble, oh wait that doesn't have some of the features I want like maps and uber. No problem I will get a Gear S, but that doesn't natively work well with iPhones. Damn, and your opinion means so much to me as well.

I don't have tattoos, the battery life is fine from what I have heard from friends and anything is obsolete within a year, you are really scraping the barrel with that one.
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:Latest on the Apple Watch is that it is actually 2mm thicker than advertised... Making it one of the thickest smart watches [emoji38]

Waiting for the lawsuit over miss selling now
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
By mjhamilton
Jules wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Good point, I will go and buy a moto 360. No wait it doesn't work with my phone. Ok, will get a pebble, oh wait that doesn't have some of the features I want like maps and uber. No problem I will get a Gear S, but that doesn't natively work well with iPhones. Damn, and your opinion means so much to me as well.

I don't have tattoos, the battery life is fine from what I have heard from friends and anything is obsolete within a year, you are really scraping the barrel with that one.
you really will defend anything won't you .............. enjoy your purchase whilst it's still iFashionable and get the girlfriend to start saving for the replacement :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
By Jules
So enjoy it until this time next year? Pretty decent amount of time for tech, not sure about your point on repeated statement again. Will do, will take her ages to save up $400 of course.
By mjhamilton
160mph_boy wrote:Aye whatever! blame the phone for your incompetent grammar
I think that ship has sailed now........... people are not so tolerant of short tech lifespan these days and this is a trend that is starting to increase

I'll be picking mine up next week in Seattle so will be able to first hand join in and comment with the people I already know who think it is totally over rated
By Jules
You being negative on something will be new, especially something bought for you but don't want. Look forward to your write up.
By mjhamilton
Jules wrote:You being negative on something will be new, especially something bought for you but don't want. Look forward to your write up.
I have plenty of good stuff and also plenty of duff stuff........... Ironically the stuff I do not really like is what I am forced to use daily (as much my fault due to being a key driver in this area) and the stuff I really like and want to use sits idle in the desk drawer

For the record I buy enough of my own tech so it is not all bought for me :)
By Jules
Just ordered a Macbook Pro. I am a true iFag now (though I will be running windows on it)
By jtc
Jules wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

The pebble does maps/turn-by-turn fine, at least with an android phone...
By Jules
jtc wrote:
Jules wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

It does with an iPhone, though it does it without any of the haptic feedback notifications. You have to look at it constantly, which means you may as well hold your phone.
By jtc
Jules wrote:
jtc wrote:
Jules wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

It does with an iPhone, though it does it without any of the haptic feedback notifications. You have to look at it constantly, which means you may as well hold your phone.
While cycling / walking around central London. Nah :lol:
By mjhamilton
Jules wrote:Exactly my point.

you won't want to be wearing the cheap bendy one made from toffee and sugar glass if you are doing physical stuff - 3 out of my 6 pilot users have somehow managed to crack their screens from jogging and the gym (so they say)

.. the 3 I have with the more expensive SS chassis seem to be ok thus far
By Jules
Well 1 month has passed with it and it's awesome. Battery is impossible to get below 50% with a lot of use, it works away from the phone for things you need; like in the gym, which is great, and it helps your phone save battery and I spend way less time even using it! It is still a want>need thing, but the map app is superb on a busy street, the music functions are great and it lasts for ages.

Best app is Dark Sky with rain notifications.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]