The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By mjhamilton
Yes this one is really not very good at all

As always with Apple it'll be the gen 2 that actually works

Battery life is not great and apps are really buggy and some just done work as they should

Even the turn by turn apps is hit and miss, if it works it's fine but sometimes it just hangs

6gb storage is ok for now but once you start getting apps that can use it then it'll be useless

When stuff works it's quite nice but it's just too limited and doesn't meet the promise made

WatchOS2.0 is the thing that may help it a little

Always nice to beta test for Apple
By Jules
It is too expensive for what it does, that is why it is struggling. I love it though and it would be weird to not wear it now; I am so used to checking my calendar already, reading messages etc. Interested to see what 2.0 brings. If you own a nice watch you just won't wear it though. My step dad hasn't worn his since he got it, as his watches are nice that he normally wears. He wants it for holidays though and for tracking fitness.

Still no idea why people go on about the battery life. I cannot get it below 50%. Am currently at 82%, took it off charge at 7am this morning and have had notifications from calendars, facebook and messages all day. I went from Friday morning until 2am Saturday night without charging and it ran out on me just as I went to bed then; that includes showing it to a lot of people at a party who were interested.

Agree on the buggy apps, uber takes longer to open on the watch than to get my phone out and open it up sometimes.
By mjhamilton
That article nails it really

I don't charge my device every night as I like to cycle the batteries to prelong their life - of course the battery cannot be changed (easily) which is another issue - about 1 1/2 days maybe 2 tops is the limit before it kicks into powersave mode and needs charging
By mjhamilton
Oh and the dependancy on Siri is just Flololol

I have Siri disabled on all my devices as it is just shite - lots of things you can no longer use on the watch because of this

Also the watch will try to leverage the same wifi network that the phone uses - all very well except in an enterprise environment that requires certificates to connect which cannot be copied or shared from a parent device

Making an already overpriced device even more over priced by simply using some different materials is also a bit bizarre

Maybe these will be resolved in OS2
By Nuttynutter123
iv had the watch ow for about 2 weeks and i'm really enjoying it.

It is really handy for notifications etc just makes checking things where you would usually have to get your phone out of your pocket a lot easier and quicker.

I am surprised on how good phone calls are on it as well.

I play a lot of golf and was looking at getting a sky caddie/watch or something similar. The AW does all that for me, and i got a US import for around £260. IMO it is well worth the money.
By mjhamilton
Golf shot is actually quite good if not a little buggy

1.0.1 has been released and improved things slightly

2.0 will be the one that'll determine where this goes next - I am tempted to install it but don't want iOS 9 on my main device at the moment
By Jules
Used it with Apple Pay a few times, including on the tube, and it is superb for that!
By cheapskate
Quick, call Attenborough, I have just spotted a Yuppie. They were thought to be extinct, having all died out in the mid 90's, but it looks like there's still one alive.
By EvoStu
Jules wrote:Pretty good breakdown of OS2 http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables ... ed-1295985
Tim Cooks reluctantance to go into any detail about the Apple Watch yesterday spoke volumes.

It's a dead duck at the moment. No Apple Watch shipments have been made for over 2 months.

Not the product they were hoping for.
By mjhamilton
I took a call in public (by accident) on the watch - won't be doing that again

Got looks from people for all the wrong reasons

It did work pretty well though even though it make you look like a douchebag
By jtc
MarkX wrote:Not such a failure?
http://www.gsmarena.com/the_apple_watch ... -13206.php
I think long term performance will be a better indicator. It's a relatively new market, and don't underestimate the number of people globally who buy Apple's latest device just because it's the latest Apple device - it's expensive and from Apple, so it must be amazing right ...? ;)
By Jules
I think it has been successful enough, not really fussed though as long as they keep updating it as I can't see me not wearing it now I have it. Apple pay is still the best thing on it, good luck with your android wear or pebble on that feature.
By EvoStu
Jules wrote:I think it has been successful enough, not really fussed though as long as they keep updating it as I can't see me not wearing it now I have it. Apple pay is still the best thing on it, good luck with your android wear or pebble on that feature.
It hasn't been successful enough, and the market drop yesterday proved that. $50 billion knocked off the company within minutes of Cooks speech.

With regards Apple pay, yeah its a decent feature but if that's the selling point, keep it.
By cheapskate
Jules wrote:I think it has been successful enough, not really fussed though as long as they keep updating it as I can't see me not wearing it now I have it. Apple pay is still the best thing on it, good luck with your android wear or pebble on that feature.
Ok, you've convinced me. Paying £300 for a watch to save me getting a card out of my wallet 30 times a year is an absolute bargain, why, that's only £10 per transaction!

Shít - forgot I would also need to buy £540 phone as well. Still, £28 per transaction still sounds reasonable. Wish the pilot of my jet was that cheap.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]