The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Jules
I see your opinion is, as always, the only one allowed.

I know it won't do any of that without my phone in my pocket, it is always in pocket so not sure of you point? If you mean it is easy to get out and use it then yes, it is, but it is easier to use a watch with feedback, telling you to turn down streets. Ever tried walking around London during busy times with your phone out for maps?
I don't want the middle option. The space grey only comes with the link band, which I don't like, and the watch is heavier and will be prone to more damage at the gym; where I plan to also use the sport. Will also be buying the leather classic band myself for it for when not using the sport band (widely reviewed as the most comfortable band available) My girlfriend is buying it, so I really couldn't care less about getting another one in a year, I only keep my iPhones one year as well so not really even a thought to me. I never wear my Rado, so might as well get a watch I will wear.

My friend who got one on launch for the same reasons I want one says he gets to about 30% by the time he goes to bed, which sounds fine with me. I will just buy a charger for the office otherwise.
By MarkX
How can you compare a Swiss watch with a smart watch! Come on folks, get a grip.
By mjhamilton
My opinion is backed up by several other people who actually have these devices at the moment

As you say above the fact that you need your iPhone with you at all times otherwise the device is renders pretty much useless is a big factor

You take your iPhone into the gym along with the watch ?? Sounds a bit daft to me
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:My opinion is backed up by several other people who actually have these devices at the moment

As you say above the fact that you need your iPhone with you at all times otherwise the device is renders pretty much useless is a big factor

You take your iPhone into the gym along with the watch ?? Sounds a bit daft to me
Wait, I thought this worked without your iPhone. So when you're in the gym, it can still track heart rate, play music, count your steps etc?
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:My opinion is backed up by several other people who actually have these devices at the moment

Wait, I thought this worked without your iPhone. So when you're in the gym, it can still track heart rate, play music, count your steps etc?
it'll do the last bit but so will my FitBit for £100

also I understand they have limited the timings for monitoring capabilities due to the hit on battery life - maybe when you are in exercise mode it'll run full tilt
By Evostance
EvoStu wrote:Got a tattoo? Don't buy an Apple watch. [emoji38]

http://news.sky.com/story/1474194/tatto ... alfunction
I read about this. One of my work colleagues was banging on about getting one for ages, went to get one fitted and his arm was "too hairy" so some of the sensors failed to work half the time [emoji38]

He refused to shave a patch on his arm for a watch
By EvoStu
Hairy arm'gate. Seriously these watches are so full of fail.
By mjhamilton
Mofo - they want me to buy one for work to provide a security risk assessment

So long as it's not coming out of my money and I don't have to wear it in public
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:Mofo - they want me to buy one for work to provide a security risk assessment

So long as it's not coming out of my money and I don't have to wear it in public
I've had so many people ask me if my 360 is an Apple watch since its release.

They seem shocked that Android Wear has been around for 6 months with more features, and better looking watches [emoji38]

Was a guy in Stoke today with one in. Only went and smacked it on the lift door on the way out [emoji38]
Last edited by Evostance on Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Mofo - they want me to buy one for work to provide a security risk assessment

They seem shocked that Android Wear has been around for 6 months with more features, and better looking watches [emoji38]
if I was using an android device as my primary I would have one of those or the LG
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:
Evostance wrote:

if I was using an android device as my primary I would have one of those or the LG
IOS compatibility is on the way I believe. Apple banned a 3rd party solution from its store for breach of policy or something.

Not sure what policy that was, probably just Apple not liking the better competition
By Welshy81
Evostance wrote:

Was a guy in Stoke today with one in. Only went and smacked it on the lift door on the way out [emoji38]
I picked up one of the moto 360's last week for a reasonable price of £149 off amazon. Was a bit skeptical at first as to whether they were worth buying or not but so far so good. They are far from a necessity but more of a luxury really as has been previously mentioned you need to be within range of your phone to get its full benefits, however it does makes things more convenient by just glancing at your wrist for your notifications. The battery is also lasting at least a day and a half (light use).

I would point blank refuse to pay what apple demand for their watch. All that money for something which is heavily locked down and will be superseded in 12 months time by the new model which will be 0.1mm thinner, quicker etc. All features which could be incorporated into the design they have just released but will stall for 12 months just to milk more money off the consumer.
By Evostance
Welshy81 wrote:
Evostance wrote:

I picked up one of the moto 360's last week for a reasonable price of £149 off amazon. Was a bit skeptical at first as to whether they were worth buying or not but so far so good. They are far from a necessity but more of a luxury really as has been previously mentioned you need to be within range of your phone to get its full benefits, however it does makes things more convenient by just glancing at your wrist for your notifications. The battery is also lasting at least a day and a half (light use).

I would point blank refuse to pay what apple demand for their watch. All that money for something which is heavily locked down and will be superseded in 12 months time by the new model which will be 0.1mm thinner, quicker etc. All features which could be incorporated into the design they have just released but will stall for 12 months just to milk more money off the consumer.
Wear 5.1 is right around the corner with WiFi supply. Means in theory that if your phone is in Australia connected to WiFi, and your watch is in the UK, also on WiFi, you'll still get the notifications ;)
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
Evostance wrote:

IOS compatibility is on the way I believe. Apple banned a 3rd party solution from its store for breach of policy or something.

Not sure what policy that was, probably just Apple not liking the better competition

looks like I cannot get an CrappleWatch until June - that's a real shame

Interesting what you say about the Moto getting iOS compatibility - have you seen this confirmed anywhere?
By Welshy81
Evostance wrote:
Welshy81 wrote:
Evostance wrote:

Wear 5.1 is right around the corner with WiFi supply. Means in theory that if your phone is in Australia connected to WiFi, and your watch is in the UK, also on WiFi, you'll still get the notifications ;)
So would the wifi capability allow you to receive your text messages over a wifi connection if you were using the stock text messaging app?
By Jules
That wifi idea is awesome. Girlfriend bought mine this weekend and is bringing it over for me on my birthday. :-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]