The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
ben-111 wrote:so they can't fix it and leave the graphics etc the same as they are, or are they giving us an option to determine how much motion blur/ghosting we want?
Correct. They're giving you an option to adjust it.
By EvoStu
I agree with some of what he says but other things I think he's way out of depth.

The AMD issue was known about 12 months ago, in that SMS responded to performance issues by telling people AMD had not signed upto support ( not the first time AMD have done this).

Then there's things he says about sound. What he doesn't realise or point out is that SMS only licensed a small pool of cars for a reason. They recorded real sounds and telemetry from each car, meaning that what you hear is actually the real digitised version of the car noises. I agree that some of it needs the bass turning up, but on most setups that is easily controlled by the soundcard and/or speakers.

The force feedback controls etc are also something else I don't agree with. For me they work well and are only going to get better, and his comment about it being too easy to get into as a simulation is utter tosh. Read any other reviews from non media and you'll see a lot of people complaining that it's far too hard.

Swings and roundabouts.
By EvoStu
mc36155 wrote:Anyone else playing this on xbox just using the pad finding it twitchy?
Using a pad on the consoles is nigh on impossible IMO.
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:I agree with some of what he says but other things I think he's way out of depth.

The AMD issue was known about 12 months ago, in that SMS responded to performance issues by telling people AMD had not signed upto support ( not the first time AMD have done this).

Then there's things he says about sound. What he doesn't realise or point out is that SMS only licensed a small pool of cars for a reason. They recorded real sounds and telemetry from each car, meaning that what you hear is actually the real digitised version of the car noises. I agree that some of it needs the bass turning up, but on most setups that is easily controlled by the soundcard and/or speakers.
Sound is very subjective, quite a few guys have been complaining about the sounds in AC for months and now PCars is out the same ones are suggesting SMS contact Kunos' sound engineer for tips as it seems the sound in AC isn't that bad after all
EvoStu wrote:The force feedback controls etc are also something else I don't agree with. For me they work well and are only going to get better, and his comment about it being too easy to get into as a simulation is utter tosh. Read any other reviews from non media and you'll see a lot of people complaining that it's far too hard.
That'll be the people not used to "proper" sims who are finding it hard, users coming from a more sim orientated background (iRacing, rFactor, GSC, AC etc.) are the ones finding it too forgiving, but then again harder doesn't necessarily mean realistic
By EvoStu
The telemetry is extremely realistic by all accounts but I can't verify as I've never driven a Zonda. LOL!

By all accounts as well PCars 2 development has already begun as well.
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:...By all accounts as well PCars 2 development has already begun as well.
yes had heard about that, not sure if that's a good thing or not so early on, instead of the usual "that's an old build, it's fixed in the later versions" they can now start using "we'll be fixing that in pCars 2" :wink:
They have a development team working on the preliminary work on PC2 plus a dedicated team supporting the ongoing PC1 builds.
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:
mc36155 wrote:Anyone else playing this on xbox just using the pad finding it twitchy?
Using a pad on the consoles is nigh on impossible IMO.
a couple of the pc pad users have managed to get acceptable control from their pads after a bit of tweaking, not sure if these settings are applicable to console versions but you could try these out:-

Project Cars Pad Settings
Steering deadzone 0.12
Steering sensitivity 5%
Throttle sensitivity 15%
Brake sensitivity 15%
Speed sensitivity 55%
Controller filtering sensitivity 60%
Input Mode 2
Advanced:-
Soft steering On
Visual filtering Off
By ben-111
I'm on pad, it takes abit of getting used to but I'm on top of it now, can take a formula a round Catalunya in the high 1.19's, quick look on time trial and the #1 is a 1.19 and there's using a wheel so it's not impossible

I'll try those settings though and see if that helps, there default at the minute

trick with the karts is don't brake just Coast and throw it in the corners,
By danneth
SMS fecked default pad settings up I changed and it's good now

Control configuration.

Steering deadzone - 15
Steering sensitivity - 20
Throttle deadzone - 10
Throttle sensitivity - 30
Brake deadzone - 10
Brake sensitivity - 15
Clutch deadzone - 10
Clutch sensitivity - 45
Speed sensitivity - 65
Controller filtering sensitivity - 30
Force Feedback - 100
Controller input mode - 3
Advanced - Off
By Dubbz
Had some top races online on PC. If anyone wants a game just invite me. There are some severe bugs that I've noticed that didn't exist in beta or alpha though which is irritating.

Im also finding it annoying that you can't easily choose a car colour.
By EvoStu
ben-111 wrote:Is it just me that constantly gets a corner cut penalty for leaving the pits at spa [emoji38]
Saw a great bug for the first time today. Oulton park starting from the back, the car to my left, accelerated off the track then across to the pits, and continued accelerating across the pits and into the main race about 10 places up!

Suffice to say the WMD forums have a few bug trackers going on.
By mc36155
danneth wrote:SMS fecked default pad settings up I changed and it's good now

Control configuration.

Steering deadzone - 15
Steering sensitivity - 20
Throttle deadzone - 10
Throttle sensitivity - 30
Brake deadzone - 10
Brake sensitivity - 15
Clutch deadzone - 10
Clutch sensitivity - 45
Speed sensitivity - 65