The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:anyway back on topic...

pCars on PS4 or Xbone? PC FTW :wink:
I think I may buy an XBone for the office and let the lads loose on it.
By danneth
bondyboy wrote:anyway back on topic...

pCars on PS4 or Xbone? PC FTW :wink:
obviously PC > console

but for console

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-analysis

I notice the motion blur they have added it, not sure it really bothers me but it is there at certain points, can see it here

not sure whats going on with the tree's here :lol:

Overall looks pretty good was never going to look as good as Driveclub but it's not that far off, plays great DF mentioned the FPS drops with a high amount of cars in the rain but it doesn't seem so bad, one thing I did notice it's obviously working the console harder than anything else I have can hear the fan :lol:

Also team comms coming through the DS4 speaker is pretty a neat touch
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:Interesting article over at PretendRaceCars

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/t ... ject-cars/

and you may want to hold off on that ATI card Stu if it's for PCars, 290x giving less performance than 670?!?!
Already decided I'm going with Titan X's mate.
:cool:

so have you played the release version much yet?
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:Interesting article over at PretendRaceCars

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/t ... ject-cars/

and you may want to hold off on that ATI card Stu if it's for PCars, 290x giving less performance than 670?!?!
Already decided I'm going with Titan X's mate.
:cool:

so have you played the release version much yet?
Not had a chance yet. From what I understand its not much different from the last build.
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:Seems like the forza and GT guys are loving it (that was the target market after all) as saw the fb post you commented on ;)

But a lot of the more sim orientated are saying it's NFS: grid autosport 2 and aren't happy
I'd read the other way around. :roflmao:

The major complaints from the Forza brigade are that you can't just pick it up and play because the cars all react differently.......yup because its NOT Forza.
By greesha
Very mixed feelings to be honest.

I couldn't feel the car at the start at all. Brake and gas pedal were basically working just like ON/OFF which didnt help with braking before the turns and controlling speed in the corners. I've spent at least an hour to set this up correctly. Braking pressure in the car settings helped the most.

But once i went through that stage game is pretty enjoyable. Graphics and sounds are very nice. Its well optimized. There is plenty of cars and tracks. Driving behind somebody in the rain looks epic.

Minus points - physics are definitely worse than the rest of car simulators. Cars and skids are very easy to control. Driving fast in a RUF in the rain i hit a bump, car starts to go sideways and then you just make a small correction and off you go, no drama. Its hard to say if you can even feel a difference between driving over a puddles and best line in the rain.
Car damage set to realistic and yet you can still hit a wall at 90mph. Reverse and go back on the track.
I'm really unhappy that I cant drive my car in the pits. Feels like a step backward.

Overall i did enjoy it yesterday. A bit like DIRT rally. You know its not a full blown simulator (but still much more realistic than GT) but still enjoy it! I got bored with career already so today I will test it online. I'm just really worried that online gaming will be spoiled by lack of respect from other drivers and constant demolition derby (unless you of course have a bunch of friends that you can play with and lock the server). I hope there is some kinds of SR system similiar to iracing one that counts crashes and gives you penalties if you are a disrespectful driver. Otherwise i have no idea how this can be controlled.
By bondyboy
greesha wrote:Very mixed feelings to be honest.

I couldn't feel the car at the start at all. Brake and gas pedal were basically working just like ON/OFF which didnt help with braking before the turns and controlling speed in the corners. I've spent at least an hour to set this up correctly. Braking pressure in the car settings helped the most.

But once i went through that stage game is pretty enjoyable. Graphics and sounds are very nice. Its well optimized. There is plenty of cars and tracks. Driving behind somebody in the rain looks epic.

Minus points - physics are definitely worse than the rest of car simulators. Cars and skids are very easy to control. Driving fast in a RUF in the rain i hit a bump, car starts to go sideways and then you just make a small correction and off you go, no drama. Its hard to say if you can even feel a difference between driving over a puddles and best line in the rain.
Car damage set to realistic and yet you can still hit a wall at 90mph. Reverse and go back on the track.
I'm really unhappy that I cant drive my car in the pits. Feels like a step backward.

Overall i did enjoy it yesterday. A bit like DIRT rally. You know its not a full blown simulator (but still much more realistic than GT) but still enjoy it! I got bored with career already so today I will test it online. I'm just really worried that online gaming will be spoiled by lack of respect from other drivers and constant demolition derby (unless you of course have a bunch of friends that you can play with and lock the server). I hope there is some kinds of SR system similiar to iracing one that counts crashes and gives you penalties if you are a disrespectful driver. Otherwise i have no idea how this can be controlled.
It (MP) can't really be controlled unless they have a SR system but that would entail back end resources probably needing a monthly fee (or they switch it off after it's no longer financially viable/PCars 2 comes out)

This is a good example of typical public online racing, seems familiar to the early days in AC

Think we'll see a lot of the wreckers and bad losers getting their kicks from PCars instead of AC (as they'll be able to actually keep the car on track in PCars), which is a good thing imo

You get the impression recovery from slides is easier than other sims? What about "randomness", a few are reporting that they are having "wtf was that?" moments when doing exactly the same as they did for 20 laps previous
By EvoStu
Apparently the AI on the PS4 version is heavily bugged and a fix is coming. With regards Forza, it's the same as GT, its either a FWD or RWD with little power or masses of power. They just feel the same.
By ben-111
really enjoying it, only thing is they really need to fix the ghosting, very off putting

Not sure if fiddling with the graphics setting will help until they patch it? The
By EvoStu
ben-111 wrote:really enjoying it, only thing is they really need to fix the ghosting, very off putting

Not sure if fiddling with the graphics setting will help until they patch it? The
The ghosting is a known bug. They're introducing a slider function to change the level. Only the PS4 suffers from this.
By ben-111
so they can't fix it and leave the graphics etc the same as they are, or are they giving us an option to determine how much motion blur/ghosting we want?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]