The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By pdapaul
I got rid of my PS3 and 360 earlier in the year so need to buy a console for when Project cars comes out next month.

Do we know yet if one is going to be better than the other? I know pc will be better, but want a console ideally.

Cheers
By banksy101
smartie wrote:Can see any reason to buy an Xbox. Unless ALL your mates had one.

This.

They will play the same but the ps4 will look better and most likely have better framerate
By Certi
Yeah, it's pretty bad. People keep pinning their hopes on DX12 saving the day for the Xbox, but by the time that comes out it'll probably be too late. I can see me making the switch when the PS4 slim comes out.

I still think the XBO has the better controller, online service and games (just now), but that's just personal opinion. In terms of performance though, I think the PS4 is always going to be the winner.
By banksy101
The question is, and I rckon even if you do two of you will deny it,

who regrets buying the Xbox over the ps4?

Remember it's only going to get worse as the games start getting pushed
By ben-111
Certi wrote:Yeah, it's pretty bad. People keep pinning their hopes on DX12 saving the day for the Xbox, but by the time that comes out it'll probably be too late. I can see me making the switch when the PS4 slim comes out.

I still think the XBO has the better controller, online service and games (just now), but that's just personal opinion. In terms of performance though, I think the PS4 is always going to be the winner.

I can't believe the pad is an argument, the DS4 is awesome, really is, better than the Xbox pad, but even if it wasn't quite as good I don't see it as a reason to go for the xb1 instead
The 360 pad over the ds3 maybe you'd have an argument
By Certi
ben-111 wrote:
Certi wrote:Yeah, it's pretty bad. People keep pinning their hopes on DX12 saving the day for the Xbox, but by the time that comes out it'll probably be too late. I can see me making the switch when the PS4 slim comes out.

I can't believe the pad is an argument, the DS4 is awesome, really is, better than the Xbox pad, but even if it wasn't quite as good I don't see it as a reason to go for the xb1 instead
As I said, personal preference. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the DS4, and there's no point derailing this thread into yet another PS4 vs XBO thread.

For me personally the XBO pad feels better in the hand, the triggers feel better, I prefer the stick layout, I like the idea of the rumble triggers, the battery life being 4x better. As I said, the pad wasn't the only reason, the games I wanted to play were on or coming to the XBO. But again, as I said, I will most likely be making the switch to the PS4 when the slim comes out.
By ben-111
but IF you are going to be making the switch are you not better off doing it sooner rather than later, the longer you leave it the more games your going to have to re buy etc

Personally i think the best games are multiplatform apart from the odd exclusive anyway,
By banksy101
Yeah I agree

really does make me chuckle at the select few people who kept insisting there wouldn't be a difference (you know who you are). And here are all these games later. Heck even FIFA has taken a turn for the worse
Taken from digital foundry

"suggests the weight of these engine advances is starting to take its toll. It's rare to see a break in parity between the modern entries in this series, but FIFA 15 marks the first time a more obvious distinction can be made"
By Mart
ben-111 wrote:

Have PC so which I use is completely optional, and yet I have a Xbone controller plugged in.. Go figure :smile:

If you're buying a console for one game then surely you must be a serious car game nut and it should come down to which offers the better peripherals.
By ben-111
I can't help but assume you bought the xB1 pad off the back of its predecessor being such a success, can you honestly say you gave both pads an equal go?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]