The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
No mention yet but I'm waiting to build a new rig just for this and AC so they best publish something soon!!!!

I suspect the optimal spec will be ridiculous based on the graphics right now.
By EvoStu
Impressive for a console and not that far removed from the PC. But obviously the PC can go even higher resolution and support multiple screens which for a serious PCars gamer is a must.
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:looks like a must on both, for different reasons :bigcry:
I agree its going to be more of a pick up and play game on the consoles but the PC versions with an far bigger choice of hardware will be the better version.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
I agree its going to be more of a pick up and play game on the consoles but the PC versions with an far bigger choice of hardware will be the better version.
Without doubt ( if you have a decent CPU anyway grrr ) ps4 is purely just cause that's where all the friends will be
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Without doubt ( if you have a decent CPU anyway grrr ) ps4 is purely just cause that's where all the friends will be
Totally get that. The PC version on an insanely powerful rig is honestly jaw dropping.
By EvoStu
XxDanoxX wrote:#WillyWaving.

Just checked the specs - My PC will piss it no problems :badrazz:
Hahahahahahaha no it won't trust me ;-)

Its eating pc specs a lot higher than yours on ultra settings. You need a Titan X to get a full 60fps+ on the larger detailed tracks like Ocean Drive with 32+ ai cars.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
XxDanoxX wrote:#WillyWaving.

Just checked the specs - My PC will piss it no problems :badrazz:
Hahahahahahaha no it won't trust me ;-)

Its eating pc specs a lot higher than yours on ultra settings. You need a Titan X to get a full 60fps+ on the larger detailed tracks like Ocean Drive with 32+ ai cars.
Or the 295X2 :cool:

By danneth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... s-settings
The console versions of Project Cars have PC-like graphics settings.

During a recent hands-on opportunity, Digital Foundry spotted visual effects menus in both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the racing game.

Options are arranged into a number of menus, including "Visual FX", "Authenticity", "Field of View" and "Movement". We can tweak post-process features such as bloom, crepuscular rays and screen-space effects (rain/dirt), and tailor the field of view to our liking.

We're used to PC games offering these sorts of graphics options, but console games typically do not allow players to tweak the visuals to such an extent.

These options tend to have an impact on PC game performance. Unfortunately, Digital Foundry was unable to thoroughly test their impact on the console versions of Project Cars, but we've asked developer Slightly Mad Studios for more information. It's worth noting Slightly Mad Studios recently confirmed the PS4 version of Project Cars runs at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second, and the Xbox One version runs at 900p resolution and 60 frames per second.

The images, below, show off the PC-like settings menu of the Xbox One version, and were taken by Digital Foundry as part of its upcoming performance analysis.

Here's what Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan had to say:

"Project Cars' range of lighting effects is impressive. Both consoles boast an extensive visual effects menu to tweak each aspect, and though not as full-bodied as the PC's full graphics menu, we do get a level of flexibility rarely seen on console."
By EvoStu
The graphics on the consoles are pretty good. But the difference between a pc equipped with a high powered GPU is of course noticeable, plus of course the PC supports significantly more AI cars at once.

I'd be more than happy with the console version though.
By danneth
http://uk.mmoga.net/Steam-Games/Project ... -Pass.html

Contents of the Season Pass:
A discount compared with the separate purchase prices
A week's early access so that you can be a nose ahead of your competition forever
50 exclusive car coats, allow you to bring your team affiliation to express and make a good impression on the track at the same time
Car Pack "Racing Icons"
Extension "Audi Ruapuna Speedway"
Car Pack "New for Old"
Extension "Red Bull Ignition"
Car Pack "Aston Martin"
Extension "Lotus Classic"
Car Pack "Renault Sport"
Extension "Toyota & Mitsubishi Macau"
Extension "Ford Oval Racing"
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:ps4 version bugged at launch? giving ppl motion sickness?

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/03/s ... at-launch/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3 ... at_launch/
Oh dear. I'd read some of these comments earlier. Especially weird that the XBone version is seemingly perfect.
From what I've read it's due to them using different AA methods.
It's not a bug. It's a side effect of the way we do AA on PS4, and is arguably a good thing (hear me out!). It's there, and very noticeable from static images of non-direct feed footage especially, but also undeniably in the game itself (mainly when paused). I spotted it and reported it as soon as it got checked in long ago (so we didn't "miss it" as many would have you believe).

However, I also "spotted" that the PS4 version has really lovely image quality, a very smooth and slightly soft (not low res!), "non-gamey" look, which is very natural, and (imo!) rather fantastic, due to this very clever AA approach. It also greatly minimises the distant "shimmer" you often see in console racing games, which is a side effect of low quality AA on thin vertical objects such as fences.

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.
By EvoStu
The AA effects that they're talking about have only recently been implemented even on the PC versions. Its something that only the PS4 has an issue with for some reason. Let's face it, it's not like the PS4 has a custom CPU/GPU setup anymore. Nothing more than custom PC now, so I'm not sure why they're having the issue.
By yella
ordered this as there really has not been a decent racing game on the PS4 yet and theats all i tend to play :oops:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]