The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
yella wrote:ordered this as there really has not been a decent racing game on the PS4 yet and theats all i tend to play :oops:
It will be the best console sim for a long time as long as they carry everything over from the PC. :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
khani47 wrote:They have said a slider will be implemented to adjust motion blur or AA,
In later versions. Not at launch.
By danneth
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/p ... ars-review
Project CARS isn’t for everybody. It’s a serious, deep, and demanding racing simulation for people who like their motorsport pure. There’s no pop punk soundtrack, or explosive takedowns, or generous rewinds. Project CARS has set out to capture the experience of manhandling a real racing car around a long list of some of the world’s most famous racing circuits and, despite a couple of frayed edges, it has thoroughly succeeded. Tough but satisfying and cruel but fair, Project CARS is a truly fantastic racing game with the potential to become a real force in the genre. But it’s not for everybody.

It is, however, for anybody – and this is an important distinction. Project CARS is probably the most user-friendly racing game I’ve ever played.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... port-games
That Career mode, though; some of us have been looking for its like for almost a decade. The earnest, hard-fought drama of its real-world track action is enough to earn Project Cars a recommendation for any fan of a good, old-fashioned motor race.
http://www.godisageek.com/2015/05/proje ... -progress/
Design-wise, so far it holds up. At times it can be incredibly pretty, though at no point would you say it looks better than DriveClub. The menus (which you’ll spend a lot of time in) are the easy to navigate tiles that are all the rage at the moment, though they could perhaps be better presented.
http://www.gamesradar.com/project-cars-review/
At times, it looks as good as real life
Superb weather system
Open-ended structure means no unlocking
Immensely satisfying when you finally win
Inconsistent quality across events
The AI needs a refresher course in how to drive safely
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2015 ... ion-4.html
Project CARS is a truly fine racing game, and for PlayStation 4 owners this will be the first next-generation racing game of worth for serious revheads to sink their teeth into. Racing beginners, or people who are used to racing games where powerslides are enough to get around corners may feel very frustrated with this one at first, but I can't think of a racing game that is more worth taking the time to get to know, and master, than this one.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:Playing on controller........FAIL!

Also.........PS4 load times..........Oh my. :roflmao:
The load times are good compared to some games on consoles :shock: only really DC who nailed loads times.
By EvoStu
Another reason consoles are such a compromised option. They've done a decent job on the porting of it though by the looks of it.
By Jules
Pre-ordered it on my PS4 the other week. Looking forward to playing it, with no need to buy some new graphics card or care about frame rates :bigthumb:
By greesha
Arguably is the key word. There is also an enormous amount of simmers that say it's iracing that has the best physics and with their undoubtedly best multiplayer system it wins as a best current sim

Rf2 is a joke. AC doesn't feel bad (although feels easier) but multiplayer lacks.
By bondyboy
greesha wrote:Arguably is the key word. There is also an enormous amount of simmers that say it's iracing that has the best physics and with their undoubtedly best multiplayer system it wins as a best current sim

Rf2 is a joke. AC doesn't feel bad (although feels easier) but multiplayer lacks.
Well we'll have to argue then :badrazz: :-D

I could probably find an enormous number of users saying the opposite :wink: but one of the issues with iRacing is the fact that users have put so much money into the game and so will defend it to the hilt (don't want to have wasted their money) - bit like buying JDM parts (minus the bit where they take the part back when you stop paying your monthly fee)
By greesha
So we just agreed that as many users, as many opinions. I own all of those games and choose to play iracing as it's the best one, most complete one IMO . Nothing to do with money spent LOL.
By greesha
No idea. I don't count money on things I enjoy. That would drive me mad. Have many hobbies that cost quite a bit of money. :-)

Anyway It's quite disturbing that you suggest that I prefer one title over another because I've spent more money on it. I told you it has nothing to do with it. It's not a topic for discussion [emoji6]
By bondyboy
greesha wrote:No idea. I don't count money on things I enjoy. That would drive me mad. Have many hobbies that cost quite a bit of money. :-)

Anyway It's quite disturbing that you suggest that I prefer one title over another because I've spent more money on it. I told you it has nothing to do with it. It's not a topic for discussion [emoji6]
I didn't suggest it was your reason, sorry if that's how it's come across, just a few users would feel that way - consciously or not

I too have expensive hobbies, makes it even more important to take account of where all my money is going, but that's just me, obviously not baller enough :cool:
By greesha
That Probably explains why I'm a poor person :-).

Tbh. I haven't bought any cars or tracks for at least a year now and yearly membership costs around 50f when bought on black Friday. It's not a bank breaker

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]