The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Magic-R
How does this compare to Forza? I've read it's more NFS than driving sim?
By Jules
I think it is similar to Forza, way less cars though. It is closer to a simulator, if you have the middle settings though with some driving aids on it is pretty close. The cars are twitchier and you can lose them easy, but I can drift my current A45 AMG around all day long and still win races.
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
Magic-R wrote:How does this compare to Forza? I've read it's more NFS than driving sim?
More towards sim side of things than Forza or GT but not quite Assetto Corsa, iRacing, GSC, rf2 level of sim, or do you consider forza a sim? :rotflmao:

*ducks while Stu comes in to defend pCats sim worthiness
With a wheel there's not much between AC and PCars. I think because they also released it on the consoles it has diluted the experience somewhat, but the good thing is that I have both the titles.
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:
Magic-R wrote:How does this compare to Forza? I've read it's more NFS than driving sim?
More towards sim side of things than Forza or GT but not quite Assetto Corsa, iRacing, GSC, rf2 level of sim, or do you consider forza a sim? :rotflmao:

*ducks while Stu comes in to defend pCats sim worthiness
With a wheel there's not much between AC and PCars. I think because they also released it on the consoles it has diluted the experience somewhat, but the good thing is that I have both the titles.
I gave it a go on Sunday on a wheel (G27 not my usual T500), set it in pro mode, disabled what assists I (mum) could find and fired up nords with the SLS GT3 (both available in AC) to compare. It just felt planted and I didn't have any "twitchiness" or fear of losing it as I do in AC, any slides that I did get into seemed to correct themselves with very little input my end - just appeared to auto centre by itself, not very rewarding :???:

Also what FFB there was felt very "notchy" and didn't communicate transition from grip to slip at all or the weight transfer, we fiddled with the FFB settings a lot but couldn't get it on par with AC - as a test we then fired up AC to see if it was just the different wheel causing the differences, while the g27 wasn't giving as good FFB as T500 in AC it was still communicating the important stuff which wasn't present in pCars

I'll give it another go if I'm round there on the weekend, although it has replaced AC as his "go to" driving sim, but then he is usually a least 3 seconds behind my pace in AC on a +2min lap
By Magic-R
bondyboy wrote:
I consider Forza to be more of a sim than others, I played Forza 4 for years, I used to take part in organised racing and events, I used to tune and paint......when life wasn't so busy/younger.

I hated Forza 5, everything that was good about 4 was removed by Turn 10 and it was gash. Which is why I asked...
By bondyboy
taking my wheel n pedals round my mates, going to give it another go

turns out that although in pro mode, the gameplay option factory assists were on and in a GT3 car that means traction and abs, but at what setting? is there any way to cycle abs and TC in car like in AC? (mapped to me button box) I usually enable abs at it's lowest level (higher number) if the car has it and sometimes use a little traction control at the end of longer races

emptybox has done a few videos on pCars pc version have you seen them?

review

long rant about the hype machine

By Dubbz
bondyboy wrote:taking my wheel n pedals round my mates, going to give it another go

turns out that although in pro mode, the gameplay option factory assists were on and in a GT3 car that means traction and abs, but at what setting? is there any way to cycle abs and TC in car like in AC? (mapped to me button box) I usually enable abs at it's lowest level (higher number) if the car has it and sometimes use a little traction control at the end of longer races

emptybox has done a few videos on pCars pc version have you seen them?

review

long rant about the hype machine

You can map individual buttons in the options. ABS, TC, SC are all bindable to keys.

It'll be on the 'Real' setting no doubt which means GT3 cars have TC and ABS on as per their real life settings, god knows what setting it's at though. I find all the cars pretty easy to drive without any aids on, except for auto-clutch because I only left foot brake.
By ben-111
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Start of qualifying I'll have say 8 miles of fuel, if I pit in more often than not I come out with 70 miles of fuel, this occasional happens if I restart a race aswell

I can't see any fuel options in the pits
By ben-111
Are there any plans to incorporate mini championships in multiplayer?, I'd like to be able to choose and class and multiple tracks/ rounds. You can do it in a lot of racing games so don't see why not in PC's
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:With a wheel there's not much between AC and PCars. I think because they also released it on the consoles it has diluted the experience somewhat, but the good thing is that I have both the titles.
Well I gave it a good go on the weekend, with my wheels and pedals, using Jack Sparrow's FFB tweak files (better than out the box still not perfect), finally getting some feel under braking, a little under cornering load and the feel of losing grip, still not feeling the weight transfer very much and no feel whatsoever on the straights, that maybe because of the billiard table smooth non-laserscanned track - will have to try one of the laser scanned UK tracks

Imola (with some major track discrepancies) in the clio cup car made me feel like a hero racing driver when getting very sideways and able to recover, but on closer inspection it just felt a bit off, induced more extreme slides to test what was going on but was able to recover quite easily (and with different inputs) each time

Guy in work (ex Forza guy) was ribbing me for months about how he'd smash my times in AC using only his pad as he "owned" everybody in forza, when he bought AC I challenged him to Imola in the E30 and he was 4 seconds off my pace, he then stopped playing AC. Now he's loving pCars so challenged me to Imola in the 1M, showed me his leaderboard time (top 10 at 2:04 something), and I was able to match that in 5 laps, think I know what he'll be doing this weekend lol. Same car and track in AC best I could manage after 6 laps was 2:10, but it was oh so more enjoyable playing on the limit with that car in AC
By godfridge
PS4
Time Trial - Oulton Park International - Open Wheel

I was 1st but last time I checked I was 2nd on leaderboard
By ben-111
Is that a weekly challenge? If so where do you find it, is it under time trial?

What your Psn and what time did you do?
By bondyboy
lol been calling it the jack sparrow ffb tweaks but it's actually jack spade

been trying to dial in the ffb on the wheel, found this quite helpful post and as this seems to be the pCars thread now thought would post up for any wheel users here
... you can just disregard a bunch of them if you're going for 'the real deal'.

Control Configuration
Force Feedback 0-100
Opposite Lock Help

Force Feedback Calibration
Tire Force - refers to the percentage of tire related forces used to influence force feedback calculations
Per Wheel Movement
Per Wheel Movement Squared
Wheel Position Smoothing - refers to the angular velocity of the wheel
Deadzone Removal Range
Deadzone Removal Falloff

Linkage Scale - simulates that the wheel is driven by a non-rigid linkage, namely the driver's arms, as well as play and mass in the linkages themselves. Stiffness and damping of that linkage can be controlled.
Linkage Stiffness
Linkage Damping

Relative Adjust Gain - presents torque to the wheel based on the change in torque over time rather than being absolute torque
Relative Adjust Bleed - is a time value for bleeding absolute torque back in whereas
Relative Adjust Clamp - is the value around which this effect operates. 10 is a good starting point.

Scoops - decrease low forces more and high forces less, thereby increasing the slope of force where some devices reduce the slope of force. The
Scoop Knee - is the force level where the slope changes from shallow to steep
Scoop Reduction - refers to the input force reduction below the knee. Above the knee, the force slope is increased such that at 1.0 input force, the output force is 1.0.
Soft Clipping - compresses all force within range of the wheel, although the stronger the force, the more it is squeezed into the higher force range. The
Half Input - setting is the input signal that will become 0.5 as an output signal, with 0.0 turning it off.
Full Output - setting determines the expected maximum force that ill hit the soft clipper, and rescales such that force outputs at 1.0. This means forces above this setting will again clip.

Vehicle Force Spindle
Master Scale - determines the magnitude for how tire forces are represented through the force feedback.
Fx, Fy, Fz Scales (3 settings) - refer to the fraction of longitudinal, lateral, and vertical tire forces fed to the force feedback system along the X, Y, and Z axes.
Mz scale - the fraction of tire twisting momentum fed into the force feedback system
Fx, Fy, Fz, Mz Smoothing (4 settings) - can be dialed up to affect the longitudinal, lateral, vertical, and twisting force signals

Arm Angle

Vehicle Force Body & SoP
Body Scale - G-forces moving around the body of the driver, through a physical simulation are translated directly to the force feedback according to body scale's magnitude.
Body Longitudinal Scale - set to 0, only affects force feedback based on lateral G's. At higher values, longitudinal Gs will scale the effect.
Body Stiffness - the driver's body is simulated similar to a spring/damper/mass system. Body stiffness and
Body Damping - in effect therefore set the nature of that virtual spring.
SoP is a force feedback effect focused more on what is happening at the rear of the car rather than the front.
SoP Scale - determines the magnitude of two distinct effects, one based on the difference in rear vertical loads and the other based on the rear side loads (Fy and Fz on the front)
SoP Lateral Scale - determines the magnitude of the Fy component while
SoP Differential Scale - governs the difference in vertical load component.
SoP Damping

Green: settings that (imo) calibrate your wheel's response in 'pure' form. Full force and per-car force scaling are the basics most ffb games include; min force, scoop and soft clipping are more advanced fine tuning to give you the chance to adjust the feedback response curve. Gotta give them props for these, even iRacing doesn't (last I checked) let you fix the scoop.
Yellow: settings that are less 'pure' but can fine tune the relative strength of forces to compensate for a wheel with limited dynamic range.
Red: not a physical force coming through the steering column, some 'canned' (to use the terminology) effects that are added on to make it easier to drive.
White: not described ingame, hard to classify.

When you split 39 settings down to these categories (10 green, 12 yellow, 13 red, 3 black) you simplify the issue - if you want the purest "simulated only" ffb, you only have 10 things to worry about - run that iRacing ffb test app to figure out the right scoop and min force to create a linear response curve, set preferred overall force, and then tweak soft clipping to reduce clipping.

If you want to 'fix' the 'problems' with FFB you open up another 25 settings worth of can of worms - these ones change the 'equalization' between different forces - it's like AC's tire/brake/road effect sliders, amplifies certain aspects of FFB the driver wants to feel.
By ben-111
I'm having issues with a certain bug which is ruining races for me

I'll approach a corner, come of the gas and sometimes when i put the throttle back on the car acts as though it's in neutral, it will redline but I have no drive until a few seconds pass and it goes on as normal. Formula C

Is this a known bug?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]