The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By m1ke
Is anyone buying it, I'm holding back a bit, rushed with Titanfall and it let me down...

Reviews/thoughts in here please.

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By numbnuts-uk
One review said multiplayer was 3v3 or 6v6. :scratch:
Are there other game modes with more players?
By smartie
numbnuts-uk wrote:One review said multiplayer was 3v3 or 6v6. :scratch:
Are there other game modes with more players?
Its not a straight FPS on maps like Battlefield/COD, the PVP is just one part of it and appears to be in small teams. There are large scale public battles but those are more lots of players vs big monsters.
By danneth
I dunno, so much hype, just doesn't look my thing if Greg tells me it's worth getting might give it a whirl will see me through to Driveclub
By Evostance
I'm enjoying it, although haven't played with friends yet as wasn't released for them until today.

Essentially its an MMO. There is a central city where you are in a safe zone with NPC's for shops, weapons, missions etc. You can then fly to different planets and complete missions, objectives etc there and it is all open world. You can fight against the AI with other players or go solo. At each planet they have different buildings, caverns etc (called Strikes) which all have lots of AI. When you go into them though, the game will create an instance of that strike just for you or your fireteam.
Think of it a bit like World of Warcraft in that respect.

The gameplay is a shooting game, however you do have various powers too like invisibility, hovering etc depending on your class.
I've been describing it as a cross between Halo, World of Warcraft and Borderlands.

So far, I haven't experienced any PVP as everyone appears to be on the same team, however I imagine that some of the other planets have PVP options.

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
By Evostance
smartie wrote:Do you get loot?
Yes, although I haven't done any strikes yet so I don't know if the big bosses drop it. I'd imagine so, however you also find loot boxes about.

You can do things like apply upgrades to weapons armour etc, similar to enchanting items in WoW
By J@mes
This really doesn't sound my cup of tea :lol:
By Certi
Might give it a go as I can get it for nothing, but don't really think it's going to be my kind of game.
By Dubbz
Casting spells and all that repetitive sh-t that you do in traditional MMO's like WoW is quite fun, for a long period of time tbh. I'm already tired of that same shooting sound within 10 minutes of game play.

Looks uninteresting and empty?
By Evostance
Dubbz wrote:Casting spells and all that repetitive sh-t that you do in traditional MMO's like WoW is quite fun, for a long period of time tbh. I'm already tired of that same shooting sound within 10 minutes of game play.

Looks uninteresting and empty?
Loving it here. There's loads of different weapons, different buffs etc and they're class dependant so you're always swapping weapons depending on the situation.

You've then got your powers too. It's not exactly like wow, and that's good
By danneth
London, UK – 10th September, 2014 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide as of day one, making the game the biggest new video game franchise launch in history.

“Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world. The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up.”

Destiny launched at over 11,000 midnight openings around the world, as fans in over 178 countries (Source: Radian6) shared their fervour on YouTube and in social media.

“Since the beginning, we’ve been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we’d be able to say it did so on day one,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry’s history. It’s also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision’s next billion dollar brand. Most importantly, it’s just a great game which we can’t stop playing. A big thanks to our incredibly talented team and partners who helped make this happen; most importantly, our partners at Bungie.”
By ben-111
I'm really trying to like the crucible (basically competitive multiplayer) it's ok, I think I just prefer your standard infantry combat I.e cod/bf. not sure I like these powers some people use and all the jumping about
In future I might just stick to call of duty and battlefield, until battlefront comes out that is

Enjoy everything else about the game though
By J@mes
As soon as I see a futuristic gun that fires lasers or blokes dressed up in suits with random pipes all over it it's usually over for me before it's started.
By ben-111
I'd be happy with a cod MW1&2 remake they were rumoured to be doing a while back
By J@mes
ben-111 wrote:I'd be happy with a cod MW1&2 remake they were rumoured to be doing a while back
+1
By Mart
ben-111 wrote:I'd be happy with a cod MW1&2 remake they were rumoured to be doing a while back
Couldn't think of anything worse than a repetitive game remade before it's even left my memory from first time around.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]