The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By smartie
There are vehicles(air and land) and lots of destruction. :wink: Had a couple of games on PC, felt a little clunky but think I need to tweak my control settings a bit. Lots of similarities to BF4(of course).
By VTEC77
smartie wrote:There are vehicles(air and land) and lots of destruction. :wink: Had a couple of games on PC, felt a little clunky but think I need to tweak my control settings a bit. Lots of similarities to BF4(of course).
Have been watching a fair bit of people streaming BFH and they have all been constantly tweeking settings to get a similar feeling to BF4 as just using the same numbers as BF4 doesnt seem to match with actual controls :salut:
By smartie
VTEC77 wrote:
smartie wrote:There are vehicles(air and land) and lots of destruction. :wink: Had a couple of games on PC, felt a little clunky but think I need to tweak my control settings a bit. Lots of similarities to BF4(of course).
Have been watching a fair bit of people streaming BFH and they have all been constantly tweeking settings to get a similar feeling to BF4 as just using the same numbers as BF4 doesnt seem to match with actual controls :salut:
Setting my mouse sensitivity as I like it on BF4 and it still felt sluggish. Will have another play. :smile:
By VTEC77
I know its very early days yet (not actually out until the end of Oct) but I have a gut feeling that this might not do very well. Think it could attract some people into the series that havent been interested before but I honestly think that hardened BF veterans aren't going to be over the moon with it. Think the lack of variety of vehicles could form a large part of this. The are so many people that only do tanks, jets, attack choppers etc etc as that is 'their thing'. The BF series has gradually added more and more vehcile types into the game only to now take them away. Dont get me wrong, I love infantry centric maps but I also love to fly, drive, hover and pilot. For me its the large variety within the BF games of what to do and how to do it which makes the games special. Like I said it's a long way until Hardline is released and we have only seen a snapshot of what its about but at the minute I have my doubts about it :-|
By Certi
[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]

If they expect people to pay £50 for this game then they are having a laugh. IMO anyone who paid for BF4 premium should get this game for at least half price to apologise for BF4, I know that'll never happen though.
By m1ke
It's difficult to judge off 2 game modes and 1 map though.

Hardline will have more game modes than BF4 and will be 64 player on PC, PS4 and X1.
By Certi
It's still just a re-skin of BF4 though, all the updates to Bf4 will work on this. I know I keep saying it, but this is just DLC they expect people to pay full price for. And if they bring out Premium for this then that'll just be the ultimate slap in the face.
smartie wrote:Why would they need to apologise for BF4. :scratch:
Because it's taken 8 months to move it forward from being the broken mess it was when it was released. I know this is being made by Visceral rather than Dice, but it's still being published by EA.
By khani47
Certi wrote:It's still just a re-skin of BF4 though, all the updates to Bf4 will work on this. I know I keep saying it, but this is just DLC they expect people to pay full price for. And if they bring out Premium for this then that'll just be the ultimate slap in the face.
Because it's taken 8 months to move it forward from being the broken mess it was when it was released. I know this is being made by Visceral rather than Dice, but it's still being published by EA.
I agree.
By smartie
Certi wrote:It's still just a re-skin of BF4 though, all the updates to Bf4 will work on this. I know I keep saying it, but this is just DLC they expect people to pay full price for. And if they bring out Premium for this then that'll just be the ultimate slap in the face.
been mostly fine for me. :)
By Certi
Maybe it's been more of an issue for consoles. But the game is widely reported as being broken, that's why Dice did the 'player appreciation month' at the start of the year, and why they have brought out the CTE.

I'm sure the BF4 thread is filled with people having issues with the game and the word "netcode".
By Certi
When it came out it was broken, it would take multiple attempts just to get the game to load up, it wouldn't find servers, would crash out, black screen of death etc. I think these days most of the problems are fixed, but I've not spent more than an hour playing it in the last month so can't say for sure.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]