The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By chris wheela
Just purchased a Go Pro 3 Black :-D I'm going to Thailand with the mrs and I thought it'll be a pretty cool thing to have especially under water etc, and I was wondering what accessories/cases people have or recommend buying for them?
By Evostance
chris wheela wrote:Just purchased a Go Pro 3 Black :-D I'm going to Thailand with the mrs and I thought it'll be a pretty cool thing to have especially under water etc, and I was wondering what accessories/cases people have or recommend buying for them?
GoPro Hero 3 Black or a GoPro Hero 3+ Black? The 3+ is the newest which does 4K, you can tell from the waterproof case. The case has screws in it if its the old one and solid black if its the 3+

I got the 3+ Black for Florida for exactly the same use. Got a grenade grip so can film on rides, slides and underwater:
http://www.gopole.com/product/grenade-grip

eBay for £18
By Evostance
chris wheela wrote:Oh fk, I bought the one with the screws in so I guess it's not 4k, damn, may return it and get the +... Dya reckon it's worth it?
It depends. The quality of the + is better, but depends on what you want and what you paid. I got mine from eBay for £280 I think (new) how much did you pay?

I don't use the 4k but it has other useful features like protune, superview etc.

Good comparison
GoPro Hero3+ vs GoPro Hero 3: Black Edition Review:

jonezy wrote:Get the water float back for it. Makes it float so you don't drop it to the bottom of the ocean
Don't get the float back if you plan to use it underwater. Your videos won't be smooth since its trying to fl9at all the time. That's why I went for the grenade grip and wrist leash. They do a floating grenade grip but has effect
By chris wheela
Ok so I've cancelled my order as I only ordered it a few hours ago off amazon.

Read a lot of bad reviews about the awful battery life and it a bucket load of bugs.

I think I'm gunna buy the Silver+ just gunna check the reviews of them now
By Evostance
chris wheela wrote:Ok so I've cancelled my order as I only ordered it a few hours ago off amazon.

Read a lot of bad reviews about the awful battery life and it a bucket load of bugs.

I think I'm gunna buy the Silver+ just gunna check the reviews of them now
Seriously, go for the Black, same price as silver if you get from eBay. Got mine on eBay new for £280 from this seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121270884259

Used a sniping tool to get it ;)

You're better off sticking with the Black Hero instead of the Silver+
By chris wheela
That link you posted is a black+ right? As it's £255 posted? And you've bought from him before?

If so I'll order it :smile:

Only £18 more than I was going to spend in the old black.

Also I figure I'm gunna need batteries to, they seem unusually cheap on eBay, is that something to worry me?
By Evostance
chris wheela wrote:That link you posted is a black+ right? As it's £255 posted? And you've bought from him before?

If so I'll order it :smile:

Only £18 more than I was going to spend in the old black.

Also I figure I'm gunna need batteries to, they seem unusually cheap on eBay, is that something to worry me?
Yeah its a Hero 3+ Black. Just check though :) I bought mine from them

Batteries are quite expensive, however Wasabi are the best aftermarket batteries.
By kipps
Ive had a Hero 3 black for around 12 months now - Cracking bit of kit [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Only have the roll cage mount and the standard stuff you get with it currently - But then only have used it in the track car so far, so don't need much else :lol:
By mjhamilton
The + has the issues with the focal point resolved and also the battery life is supposed to be a lot better

This is not from experience but just from the research I read when I was looking to buy a few months back
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:The + has the issues with the focal point resolved and also the battery life is supposed to be a lot better

This is not from experience but just from the research I read when I was looking to buy a few months back
Yeah, I was worried when I read that, however it seems the issue has been fixed as I don't appear to be getting any focal issues. Focus is good right up to a few cm away and have infinite focus.

Battery is ok, 1hr 30 isn't bad, however I've order some wasabi batteries from USA delivered to my hotel over there for £25. Can't complain at that, should get me about 5 hours of video. Only issue is my 64gb card only holds 4 hours of video :lol:
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:The + has the issues with the focal point resolved and also the battery life is supposed to be a lot better

Yeah, I was worried when I read that, however it seems the issue has been fixed as I don't appear to be getting any focal issues. Focus is good right up to a few cm away and have infinite focus.

Battery is ok, 1hr 30 isn't bad, however I've order some wasabi batteries from USA delivered to my hotel over there for £25. Can't complain at that, should get me about 5 hours of video. Only issue is my 64gb card only holds 4 hours of video :lol:
been a while since I looked but they did hint a FW update would resolve - glad they got than one fixed
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:
Evostance wrote:

been a while since I looked but they did hint a FW update would resolve - glad they got than one fixed
Interesting. From what I was reading it seemed there was a bad batch where the focus ring had slipped. People were taking photos, sending to GoPro who issues them with a replacement product.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]