The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
Kingston wrote:Quick, sell bitcoin, buy gold, at an all time 5 year low

Do we need to take egofags shoe laces yet?
It's all a question of buying (and selling) at the right time. If you don't already know Kingston, the last batch I bought made me considerably more than I expected, just saying. It is actually a decent enough time to buy some more though, but I'd wait because due to some ongoing issues in the market, its probably going to drop further. Thanks for the heads up, I don't monitor it everyday.

I'm proper struggling at the moment. My sidelines are only yielding enough to go on holiday 3 times a year. It's tough times man, thanks for worrying enough to bring this back up though. Much appreciated.
By Kingston
Unless your buying and selling in the short term, wont this have a negligible affect on the profits made during its peak?

Sorry, i dont follow your financial situation nor how much youve purchased, but please feel free to print screen shots :Cool:

though on a more serious note, i was reading on ph that China has bought and subsequently sold loads hence the 'crash'?

p.s. my investments made around £30-40k so far, probably not in your league but not bad for a 10 year old car that i can enjoy when the need arises :LOL:
By EvoStu
Kingston wrote:Unless your buying and selling in the short term, wont this have a negligible affect on the profits made during its peak?

Sorry, i dont follow your financial situation nor how much youve purchased, but please feel free to print screen shots :Cool:

though on a more serious note, i was reading on ph that China has bought and subsequently sold loads hence the 'crash'?

p.s. my investments made around £30-40k so far, probably not in your league but not bad for a 10 year old car that i can enjoy when the need arises [emoji38]
Diversification mate. Has always been the name of the game. I've never once said put all your eggs in one basket. Good stuff on the car, but let's be straight, its only worth that on paper and then you'll be carless if you decide to cash in of course.

I first started buying gold in quantity in 2007 mate and sold a vast majority about 1 week after it peaked. I was happy.
By Kingston
mjhamilton wrote:Still living at your mums?
youd hope evostu would have moved out by now, given that he is married with kids

oh of course its all paper money regarding cars but then so is the stocks and share game unless you buy something that has a physical presence, such as gold. The current biggest jump ive seen is the 996 GT2 jump from £50k to 140k for a straight Mk2 version. Think Mk1 versions are 110k. But unfortunately, due to speculators, cars are now like house prices (in the South), if i want to trade in for something 'better', theyve also jumped up in price.

Either way, atleast we wasnt stupid enough to invest in bitcoins :Kikik:

Going to Vegas and putting it all on red is where its at
By mjhamilton
Woooooooooooosh......

I was referring to you as life is full of riches if you live with your mummy

And you are deluded if you believe your GT has gone up that much - the price for that car varies widely from £50 to 100k or more for chancers

Totally mint with almost zero mileage for the top money ones which yours is not
By Kingston
mjhamilton wrote:Woooooooooooosh......

And you are deluded if you believe your GT has gone up that much - the price for that car varies widely from £50 to 100k or more for chancers

Oh i see, if you go back through my posting history, youll see i purchased a house long time ago but haters like to make sh-t up and the gullible believe in ti

Im not deluded, i think at todays current market price everything is overpriced but it is what it is. there are 2 nearly new sub 6k milers up for £105k (trade), mine currently has 33k on the clock, in yellow with good providence. Now be a good boy. run off to pistonheads or autotrader now and report back your findings but only look at RHD and not LHD.

If the market tanks, and i expect it will soon, i will loose money on it but then so will people who have invested in property and go into negative equity, stocks/shares slump etc.

Id just rather have fun in something that's now appearing to be an investment than look at some figures on a piece of paper of some share i held and see if it goes up or down, get killed the next day and never had any enjoyment from cashing out as it was a long term plan.
By EvoStu
Kingston wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Woooooooooooosh......

Oh i see, if you go back through my posting history, youll see i purchased a house long time ago but haters like to make sh-t up and the gullible believe in ti

Im not deluded, i think at todays current market price everything is overpriced but it is what it is. there are 2 nearly new sub 6k milers up for £105k (trade), mine currently has 33k on the clock, in yellow with good providence. Now be a good boy. run off to pistonheads or autotrader now and report back your findings but only look at RHD and not LHD.

If the market tanks, and i expect it will soon, i will loose money on it but then so will people who have invested in property and go into negative equity, stocks/shares slump etc.

Id just rather have fun in something that's now appearing to be an investment than look at some figures on a piece of paper of some share i held and see if it goes up or down, get killed the next day and never had any enjoyment from cashing out as it was a long term plan.
You'll find that most investors enjoy their life. You have a car that at the moment, the market likes but as you say it could tank at any given point just like any shares (check Apple) or commodities.

The strength of the greenback is causing many issues at the moment, because so much is based on the dollar being strong.

I think its good that there's a few on here who have investments in place that can sustain them if required. With regards getting killed the next day..........my family would be relatively wealthy if that happened to me. Always be prepared and all that. :Waks:
By mjhamilton
well that make no sense at all

If the market is high then you should be selling NOW before it tanks....................... otherwise all your BS and chest beating was for nothing.........

You don't have your £30k unless it is actually cold hard cash in your bank account

And I didn't need to go back through any history - I have a memory for when you lived with mummy and kept boasting about having a Porsche - at the time I think I was really jealous (that was sarcasm just so we are clear).... didn't move out but move mummy in as well so she it paying for stuff as well?!?!...

Also yours has 30k+ on the clock so would not reach the £70k mark on any planet - still a nice car, just a shame its the not so pretty 996 variant
By Kingston
mjhamilton wrote:well that make no sense at all

If the market is high then you should be selling NOW before it tanks....................... otherwise all your BS and chest beating was for nothing.........

You don't have your £30k unless it is actually cold hard cash in your bank account

And I didn't need to go back through any history - I have a memory for when you lived with mummy and kept boasting about having a Porsche - at the time I think I was really jealous (that was sarcasm just so we are clear).... didn't move out but move mummy in as well so she it paying for stuff as well?!?!...

Also yours has 30k+ on the clock so would not reach the £70k mark on any planet - still a nice car, just a shame its the not so pretty 996 variant
Put down the keyboard before you have a stroke but before you do, run away and update your stalking knowledge though just remember, everything you read on the internet is true.

Who says car prices are going to tank tomorrow? why sell now when i can speculate them becoming more expensive?
By Kingston
p.s. what weight are you as i think the line is about the snap and need to make sure the net is strong enough to land you
By mjhamilton
?????..... are you watching the news at the moment.............

As I say no research required here - your billy bullshit sticks in most peoples heads because of its sheer comedic value

I would say a 3 gauge line would probably keep me in check for a bit
By Kingston
mjhamilton wrote:?????..... are you watching the news at the moment.............

As I say no research required here - your billy bullshit sticks in most peoples heads because of its sheer comedic value

I would say a 3 gauge line would probably keep me in check for a bit
No, whats going on? Its normally all Isis this isis that, more miserable stuff then the weather.

flip, can only afford some 2 gauge, Stu can i have some gold to buy 3 gauge please
By mjhamilton
You beat me to that one

No one ever thought this was going to happen - bit like the PS4 decimating the XBone

So danneth did you make your fortune??
By EvoStu
This and others will be dead in the water by the end of the year. Looks like the worlds leading financial people were correct in their predictions.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]