The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:I'll let you know when its built. LOL!
do you need a hand? 8-)

little pov cam (nose pov actually) footage from my gopro while drifting the BMW E30 Drift in assetto corsa, camera is in spot mode to see the action on screen but when the center is on the wheel it results in screen being overexposed

Track was set to old (not much grip, won't rubber in much), tyres street 90s, low pressure fronts super high rears, massive toe and camber at front = not a whole lot of grip

you can see when I get it right that the wheel does most of the work, I just have to catch it at the right point

By bondyboy
The guys from Kunos have announced their plans to bring Assetto Corsa to the consoles! :-o

They had been approached by Sony last year and were sent a couple of dev kits, the proof of concept was successful and a small parallel team started

Not sure if :-D or :cry: could be good or could be end of kunos, if they released what is on PC now to console it would fail, epically. AC is not a good game - it's a fantastic sim where it's all about the driving, the dancing on and over the limit, the feedback through the wheel - them physics! but does not have enough to do and collect, no atmosphere, poor "career" mode, not enough content etc. I hear rumblings from the console crowd about pCars lack of content and things to do, imagine what they'd make of AC in it's current state! Plus a large part of AC's appeal on PC is it's mod friendliness, already hundreds of cars, tracks and apps to download (of varying quality), this won't be possible on console

Kunos have a lot of work to do to even get it close to what's expected from a console racer but whatever additions they make will also be reflected in the PC version so could be beneficial to PC, they have already mentioned a full UI re-design, plans for 100 cars and fully implemented VR support (roll on oculus 2016)

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-f ... on-details

official announcement trailer

Last edited by bondyboy on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EvoStu
Once the big boys get involved its the beginning of the end. Same thing happened when Namco got involved with WMD for PCars. They want to give it more mass market appeal and in most ways it fails.
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:Well the devs have already responded about the inevitable sell out dumb down that happens with console, saying that their physics is the unique selling point and that will not be changed
To be fair WMD did the same. Money talks.
By bondyboy
Wmd already had a history of lying and deceitful practices by that point though ;)

Hoping kunos will handle it differently , ac was never intended to be as big as it is now, PCars always had consoles in its mind ( just use the pc sim crowd to fund and beta their game for them) anything more for AC is a bonus to them, don't think there would have been much pressure to sign a difficult contract that gave away control
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:Wmd already had a history of lying and deceitful practices by that point though ;)

Hoping kunos will handle it differently , ac was never intended to be as big as it is now, PCars always had consoles in its mind ( just use the pc sim crowd to fund and beta their game for them) anything more for AC is a bonus to them, don't think there would have been much pressure to sign a difficult contract that gave away control
In the early days the questions were asked about consoles to the developers and they wanted it to be PC only, consoles weren't an option. Then suddenly the bigger investors got involved and BOOM everything changes. I fully expect the same with AC. As I said, money talks.
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:Wmd already had a history of lying and deceitful practices by that point though ;)

In the early days the questions were asked about consoles to the developers and they wanted it to be PC only, consoles weren't an option. Then suddenly the bigger investors got involved and BOOM everything changes. I fully expect the same with AC. As I said, money talks.
Marco and Aris at Kunos aren't anything like Ian Bell, I still have hope
By EvoStu
It will happen. When that Yankee dollar comes a knocking..... Strange things happen.
By bondyboy
Stefano at Kunos has for the last couple of weeks been doing live coding sessions, some real interesting stuff coming out of them (lots of it above my head).

In the latest stream he's working on the AI, something that I've not seen since multiplayer was available and doubt I will ever use again, kunos believe that only 30% of players ever click on the online button so feel AI are important (will be for console ;-) ), the fact that the AI cars have to follow the same physics as the player causes so much effort in the coding behind it, I can see why most racer games don't use the same method

also been playing with the regulars at ALOOG who have been hosting some more of the under utilised car combinations, who'd have thought that the Arbath 500 and the Alfa GTA would be so well matched, been having some cracking, clean racing with these cars

By EvoStu
Looks good mate. I'll have to give it more of a go.
By bondyboy
I've not long come back from an epic Assetto Corsa inspired roadtrip, 3524 miles in two weeks across europe

Started in Belguim
mission control

Popped across to here

Stayed at the Dorint hotel on the start finish straight with this as my view from my balcony

visited a few of these across Germany ;)

Drove down to Baden-Baden and then did the "route 500"

Went to the theatre

Not many Hondas about in Germany, parked up at some resteraunt in Wankheim I found this

Then I had a major oil leak!!! :-(

not to worry, just a 5l oil container that was leaking in the boot

took an hour or so to sort

Got a bit hot on some days

Then through Austria and into Italy, drove round Lake Garda, Lake Idro and stayed up in Lake Ledro (gorgeous place) and did a bit of the Trento Bondone hill climb

Bondone

end of the road

Lake Ledro (had a nice swim in there)

on the road to lake Ledro

really got into the Italian style of driving that day

View from my room at Lake Ledro

Lake Garda

Then down to Imola where I stayed at a hotel between the Riviazza

visited the Ayrton Senna memorial

Then drove to Mugello on the back roads from Imola, beautiful scenery and awesome roads

popped down to here

Visited Rome

Lake Bracciano

before starting to make my way towards home but stopped along the way here

and here
drove around what I could of the F1 track, making sure to roll over any kerbs I could lol, did the tunnel a couple of times, super/hyper cars everywhere there and so many people would turn round on the sound of me burbling down the road expecting to see some swish car only to see me in a shitty old civic :-D

visited Nice, didn't think it particularly nice
the way out of Nice

Did the "Route du Napoleon", stunning scenery and great roads

Then on some random backroad on the way to les deux alpes came across a uk EP3! :-D

old road to les deux alpes

and I couldn't leave the Alpes without doing a bit of downhill moutain biking

Last edited by bondyboy on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By EvoStu
I'll purchase it tomorrow. Not had a chance to get on the sim since JAE. Lots of new updates from Fanatec as well to try, but the bad news is that my new pedals have been delayed until mid November now :-(
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]