The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By bondyboy
I know this has been mentioned in the PC bummers thread but I think this game deserves its own thread.

Fantastic game, feels just right, even though it's an early access game so doesn't have online play or AI it is still very addictive to be chasing a lap time.

It's in the Steam sale atm with 10% off, you still get early access status so will get some dlc for free when it does come

I've had it for about a month now and have been using an xbox pad, it worked to a point but half the time you'd be struggling to hold just that tiny amount of steering and then blaming the tools when you mucked it up :bad-words:

All that changed this morning when the UPS guy arrived with a massive box, inside that was another massive box...

What a difference the wheel and pedals make, I can actually modulate the brakes and throttle with ease, so much so that I've just used a whole tank of fuel in the M3 E30 at Silverstone, such a fun car to "drive"

Has anyone other than Dubbz n danneth been playing this? did Stu ever get it?

you all play with wheels and if so what ones? pictures of rigs?
Last edited by bondyboy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dubbz
Not played since last big update but I think it will be a very good game when completed. I'm using fanatec clubsport v2 pedals and a fanatec gt3 rs v2 wheel, no gear stick though, I actually prefer the paddles on my wheel tbf. I've not played a racing game with a control pad for years, wheels are definitely amazing if you have the room for a setup.

How you finding the t500?
By Dubbz
I was the same, originally wanted either of them two but just didn't have the money so ended up with my CSP v2 and a dfgt wheel for a while until I could afford another wheel. I've heard great things about the t500 :)

What aids do you use? I play with no aids at all in Pcars but in assetto corsa I find without abs I'm constantly locking up. Don't know why my pedals have a brake load cell which helps massively!
By Dubbz
:lol:

Yeah should get a lap table up. Hopefully they add something into Steam sooner rather than later and online/ai.

Do you not have project cars? Not sure which is best in terms of realism although most seem to lean towards AC. Both will be great games though.
By bondyboy
no I didn't make it in before the signups closed on PCars so jumped on this when I heard about it

Yes I've seen a few videos of the sim guys where one slightly prefers PCars with another preferring AC so there doesn't seem to be much in it, I've read alot of bitching about there being too much grip but then others dissing the ice road feel of other sims and saying they don't want it in AC.

I've been hotlapping with my mate but he can't stop feeding the wheel like I was a driving instructor sat next to him :ymca: and his laps are understandably slow, so we've been driving the little 500 and it's surprisingly fun, they should do some more FWD cars
By Dubbz
Yeah, it's funny though because some people are so adamant one is better than the other, or that iRacing is better than them all, but in reality 99% of people who play these games have probably never driven a Zonda R or Lotus 49 etc etc to compare to. I just go on the basis that if it reacts well to adjustment, feels good and is controllable, then it's as real as I'll ever know [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

One thing I do favour in pCars though is that they have Ben Collins and Nicolas Hamilton as consultants, I mean what cars hasn't the bloody Stig drove! :cool:
By bondyboy
Not sure what input they have as consultants, yes the stig would have driven alot of cars but it seems the way they do it with AC is to take every car out on their test track to record all the data coming out - would it be the same for pCars with the stig driving every car while the boffins record the data? (lot more cars in pCars aren't there?)
By Dubbz
I'm not sure how they do it tbf. Both Ben Collins and Nicolas Hamilton have their own threads on the forums where they report back on cars and how they think they should be and so on. PCars has quite a few more cars than AC does currently yeah, AC has listed 36 cars on their website so whether that's the final figure I don't know, but AC has many mods in development also, where groups/people are/will be attempting to add single cars or entire series of cars (BTCC, JTCC).

I think both will be fun games for different reasons ultimately :-D
By Dubbz
Some really nice screenshots there Danneth [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Man that Ferrari 599XX EVO is a beast, sounds the nuts as well in-game, love it.
By bondyboy
bondyboy wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:looks awesome :cool:

plays even better :cool:
so this game has inspired a pc upgrade (usual reason for them, last one being bf3) and today even a a bit of diy was required :eek:

I upgraded graphics card and monitor to MSI 770 TF and asus 24inch 144htz display, the T500RS steering wheel is attached to the desk, the old monitor was a 21" Samsung CRT! - that old thing would creak and groan as the table was tossed about as you fought with the wheel, new one wasn't much better, had to catch it mid corner on it's 1st outing, I cable tied it down, it stopped it from falling but was still moving about - solved that problem today :)

Ergotron LX Wall Mount LCD Arm, it's a sturdy bit of kit and extends the full depth of the table, significant range of movement up and down, 3 of them would probably be suitable for a three screen setup although the wall I attached it to wasn't the best candidate - 30 year old plasterboard with no sign of stud anywhere near where the mount needed to go, hence the improvisation/bodge :eek:

think that'll be enough?

in racing formation

in serious mode

cereal people you need to buy this game
By Evostance
bondyboy wrote:
bondyboy wrote:

Ergotron LX Wall Mount LCD Arm, it's a sturdy bit of kit and extends the full depth of the table, significant range of movement up and down, 3 of them would probably be suitable for a three screen setup although the wall I attached it to wasn't the best candidate - 30 year old plasterboard with no sign of stud anywhere near where the mount needed to go, hence the improvisation/bodge :eek:

think that'll be enough?
You're using rawlplugs, and not standard screws, right? I've got an older LCD TV which is fairly heavy, mounted onto my plasterboard wall via a bracket which weighs about 5kg :lol:

Attached the bracket to a piece of wood, and have then put 4 large Rawlplugs into the corners to distribute the weight. Then used some industrial no-more-nails stuff on the back of the wood. Everyone was laughing at me saying it'd fall off - 3 years later and it's still there.
By bondyboy
Evostance wrote:
bondyboy wrote:
bondyboy wrote:

think that'll be enough?
You're using rawlplugs, and not standard screws, right? I've got an older LCD TV which is fairly heavy, mounted onto my plasterboard wall via a bracket which weighs about 5kg :lol:

Attached the bracket to a piece of wood, and have then put 4 large Rawlplugs into the corners to distribute the weight. Then used some industrial no-more-nails stuff on the back of the wood. Everyone was laughing at me saying it'd fall off - 3 years later and it's still there.
Yup, 11 rawlplugs there in that shot, it's survived the night at least
By Dubbz
Wish they'd hurry up and add online and/or online lap times for this. It'll be a great game, I prefer it to Project Cars.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]