The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By bondyboy
danneth wrote:I've given PCars a good try, I think AC is the better sim and the cars handle better, but I also prefer the look and sound of PCars along with the menus etc, both great although PCars rapes my PC I can only get 30-40 FPS with everything on Ultra @ 1080p :shock:
no doubt PCars will be a massive success, it'll outsell AC on PC by a country mile let alone the console sales which automatically dwarf pc sales, but Kunos have already stated that they far exceeded their sales expectations while still in early access.

PCars has the game structure to keep arcade drivers happy while introducing them to a bit more realistic physics, Assetto Corsa is a sim in the 1st instance with events tacked on, it was originally planned to be a one track F2P sim but the interest was so great they grew their plans

couple of teasers for the forthcoming "Dream pack 1"

By bondyboy
danneth wrote:I've given PCars a good try, I think AC is the better sim and the cars handle better, but I also prefer the look and sound of PCars along with the menus etc, both great although PCars rapes my PC I can only get 30-40 FPS with everything on Ultra @ 1080p :shock:

Well turn the settings down and aim for 60 fps minimum, can't imagine the feedback / physics with 30fps being much cop
By danneth
bondyboy wrote:

Well turn the settings down and aim for 60 fps minimum, can't imagine the feedback / physics with 30fps being much cop
Eased a few settings back getting near enough 60fps, my CPU isn't the greatest so guessing that's the cause for not being able to handle it flat out
By danneth
smartie wrote:Crossfire? Tried it with a single card?
Jah, Single card is even worse, Assetto is fine can get 100fps, but Pcars seems to rape CPU much more.
By EvoStu
PCars is a rare game in that it consumes both GPU and CPU massively. Its the moment where gamers can't now say......yeah that i5 is perfect for gaming. With PCars its an i7 or nothing if you want the best.

I'm holding off until it goes gold before building a new ultimate rig specifically for this and AC. I'll live with medium settings for now.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:PCars is a rare game in that it consumes both GPU and CPU massively. Its the moment where gamers can't now say......yeah that i5 is perfect for gaming. With PCars its an i7 or nothing if you want the best.

I'm holding off until it goes gold before building a new ultimate rig specifically for this and AC. I'll live with medium settings for now.
I can tell as within seconds the fan goes to 100% on the CPU where as on AC is seems to breeze along, will see what the final build is like don't want to be upgrading to an i7 really :lol:
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:PCars is a rare game in that it consumes both GPU and CPU massively. Its the moment where gamers can't now say......yeah that i5 is perfect for gaming. With PCars its an i7 or nothing if you want the best.

I can tell as within seconds the fan goes to 100% on the CPU where as on AC is seems to breeze along, will see what the final build is like don't want to be upgrading to an i7 really :lol:
I know exactly what its like now. However don't expect the gold release to be much different. Its one of the most extreme hardware requirement games out there.

Luckily I already have an i7, just the graphics card is letting the side down now. :bigthumb:
By bondyboy
danneth wrote:

Yes AC isn't that CPU intensive until you start racing 23 AI cars - but who plays single player when there are idiots available to crash into you in MP
By bondyboy
also PCars has been put back again, haven't got licenses for a lot of the tracks already built?!? :roll:
="Michael Hornbuckle"
Because the 'official' reason for the delay back in November was that they didn't want to compete with GTA V for sales. (many people only have enough extra money to buy one AAA priced title). That reason was completely bogus, the game was nowhere near ready to release back then.

Now they are asking anybody that makes a video that uses the real name or that shows signage in game of the real circuits name to remove the vids because it could possibly cause problems with obtaining the track license. I can't imagine why after several years of development that they don't have deals in place already (some of the tracks are 'big name' tracks) but it is what it is. I honestly expected the game to get delayed all the way until the end of the year, so only delaying it a couple extra weeks is a bit puzzling.

I also installed this a few weeks ago, makes a hell of a difference on the brakes, it's more based on pressure applied than distance traveled now, a few clicks are lost at the end of the range but it auto calibrates 100% to how hard you can stomp on the pedal so I'm on the softest setting until I have a rig with fixed pedals

they're skateboard bushings used with the thrustmaster stiff brake mod and a retaining plate, picture shows medium settings, I have one soft bush and the piece of foam wedged in, not quite load cell or hydraulic progressiveness but for less than £15 they're great, braking is a lot more consistent (if I remember to calibrate before the lights go out) :lol:
By EvoStu
I'm about to order a new wheel and pedal set as Fanatec have managed to figure out how to support the next gen consoles. :bigthumb:
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:I'm about to order a new wheel and pedal set as Fanatec have managed to figure out how to support the next gen consoles. :bigthumb:
mmm Fanatec :cool:

have you got Fanatec stuff already? I was put off by the numerous failures I saw (just on AC forums) some have gone through 3 wheel bases each time being without for at least a month - but I suppose you're in Germany quite often so could always pay them a visit if you did have any trouble ;)
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:Has the PCars thread been removed due to the licensing issues? can't find it
Its there mate, the DB search index isn't fully complete yet.
By bondyboy
Awesome fan made trailer I found (to make up for the lack of Kunos teaser trailers recently)

and after initially hating the LaFerrari I've now fallen in love with it after driving it on a server running Pagani Huayra vs LaFerrari at Barbagallo raceway, it's a user made track but to a very high quality - all the in and out field is populated and navigable (although most can't be seen from track)

me "getting to grips" with the LaFerrari

Full race

By bondyboy
it's out next week :WOOT

only £10.99 for 3 layouts of nords and 10 cars!!! plus if you pre-order there's 33% off, just purchased at £7.33 :-D

From today and until March 11 release, the Dream Pack can be pre-ordered at this LINK for 9,99 Eur, saving 33% on full price, that has been set at 14,99 Eur.

Assetto Corsa 1.1 and the Dream Pack will be available since Wednesday March 11.

The DREAMPACK 1 features the legendary circuit of Nürburgring-Nordschleife in three configurations: Nordschleife, Endurance (Nordschleife+GP track), Touristenfahrten. The Touristenfahrten layout allows gamers to simulate a standard track day experience at Nürburgring, starting and completing the lap passing through the Park, reproduced in all its details. For this game mode we have developed a new feature, that records the laptime in "A to B" mode. The enthusiasts of the track days at the "Ring" will have the chance to live again their favourite driving experience for thousands of times.

Also, the DreamPack 1 includes ten new cars that will bring your AC experience to a new level. Our users didn't make our life easy when they voted for their favourites cars. Many of the new cars required the development of new features, physics models and great research. Our development team took the challenge and worked hard to deliver. From the rear live axle of the Alfa Romeo GTA or the 4 wheel drive system with 3 differentials of the Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6, to the unbelievably high downforce and top speed of the Mercedes C9 and the extreme complexity of the McLaren P1 that incorporates both active aero and hybrid systems, we took no shortcuts and brought you all the necessary features needed to reproduce as realistically as possible the DreamPack1 cars, but at the same time also give modders the possibility to include all those features to their future creations. All the new features necessary for the DreamPack 1 will be also included in Assetto Corsa v1.1 available on Steam.

We have to admit that the production has taken more time than initially anticipated, however the further we gone into development, the more involved we felt with it. We believe that the Nordschleife is a unique track, and deserves to be reproduced at our very best, in order to convey its essence and beauty to our fans. The Dream Pack 1 represents the sum of our experience and skill and a new start, thanks to the improvements and new functionalities that Assetto Corsa 1.1 will feature.

We have had several meetings to discuss the pricing policy of the Dream Pack. The price we had in mind when we announced the Dream Pack two years ago was higher than the one we set now. The investment requested for this production, in terms of time, money and logistics, has been huge, even because the development has requested almost six additional months of work not initially scheduled. Our strong will to share our work with as much people as possible, has prevailed over commercial logic and with this aim we have decided to set the fairest price we are able to do. We are also pretty sure that you will appreciate the chance to get this package in pre-order, saving even more money.

You can learn more about this package and all its contents and features at the following URL:

www.assettocorsa.net\dreampack1\
By bondyboy
djtopa wrote:Ordered yesterday,God I love this game!weight transfer,force feedback,control of cars and how you feel connected is something I never felt in Sims and is so cheap!Cant wait to take a GT-R Nismo and McLaren F1 GTR on Ring :P
:smile:

It is pretty awesome, why did you take so long to buy it? I take it you're using a wheel (mention of FFB) what one do you have?

hope to see you online sometime- what name do you race under btw? I'm J Bond atm
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]