The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By bondyboy
smartie wrote:Got a full res video?
that is the full res, I play at 1920x1080, but it has been through shadow play into adobe then encoded again by youtube, I have the adobe output but not the source, but it does look alot better in game

I think that was running with medium world detail and quite low post processing effects, I like my fps rather than pretties
By EvoStu
AC has really made vast improvements. No wonder PCars has been delayed. :lol:

In comparison this is how PCars is currently looking. A friend of mine made this video.
[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
By danneth
Got this now, playing it via the DS4 guess I need a wheel next...

Doesn't look that bad either

By danneth
Anyone know what the issues are with AC and crossfire? I was running about 120fps when just on single player with one card and since going to crossfire it now sits at 4fps ( four ) fps and hardly moves, works a treat on the other games just seems to be this one.
By bondyboy
danneth wrote:Anyone know what the issues are with AC and crossfire? I was running about 120fps when just on single player with one card and since going to crossfire it now sits at 4fps ( four ) fps and hardly moves, works a treat on the other games just seems to be this one.
I did think SLI and crossfire are borked in the game but I just did a quick search on the forum and found people running 270's and 280's in crossfire ok, maybe there an ini change or certain good driver?
Last edited by bondyboy on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bondyboy
danneth wrote:Got this now, playing it via the DS4 guess I need a wheel next...

I trust you changed to that view just for screenshot purposes :wink:

if you haven't already then make this change to your ini, makes a massive difference to input lag

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1 (Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini)

nice track too, that was my 1st choice track for the initial couple of months of driving, brave choice of car :bigthumb:
By J@mes
I've always preferred chase views. Apart from flight sim but that's almost impossible otherwise :lol:
By danneth
bondyboy wrote:

if you haven't already then make this change to your ini, makes a massive difference to input lag

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1 (Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini)

nice track too, that was my 1st choice track for the initial couple of months of driving, brave choice of car :bigthumb:
I use all the views, depends what I'm doing really.

Thanks for the command, still don't seem to be able to sort the FPS issue though tried all sorts now
By bondyboy
danneth wrote:
bondyboy wrote:

I use all the views, depends what I'm doing really.

Thanks for the command, still don't seem to be able to sort the FPS issue though tried all sorts now
I'm unable to drive in chase cam (well I can manage it just not very fast), cockpit cam only for me - you don't get a sense of what the car is doing from any other view
By danneth
:salut:

Fixed the FPS not sure how but it's fixed :lol: Run Ultra settings and get around 130fps now, just need to mod the desk this weekend and sort the G27 out
By bondyboy
this guy has built his own motion rig :eek:

he should upgrade his screen though, all that effort and no wrap around triple setup?

full build thread in description, he has since upgraded to Buhler motors in his csw wheel and it's able to run massive amount of torque, standard at 12N•m but can scale very well with sufficient voltage and cooling (T500 is 5-6N•m, g27 is 3N•m)

quote from another guy with the modded wheel
It now breeds a higher level of driver performance due to the realistic feel and amount of force you must out in to merely turn the wheel at any kind of speed. This has me coming back more to the high downforce cars more than ever before and looking forward to firing up my wheel all day.

You must also learn to use more real world driving practice with this wheel. Especially in a crash situation you do not want to attempt to hold the wheel. IT WILL BREAK YOUR WRISTS and possibly another limb! It makes you more careful not to wipe out due to this fact. You know it's coming and you just raise your arms like in a real open wheeler, letting the wheel rip and roar around until the car finally settles.
By danneth
I've given PCars a good try, I think AC is the better sim and the cars handle better, but I also prefer the look and sound of PCars along with the menus etc, both great although PCars rapes my PC I can only get 30-40 FPS with everything on Ultra @ 1080p :shock:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]