The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By EvoStu
Ordered the Servo 2 from Fanatec last night. :WOOT

Just need to wait for delivery and find out what wheels will have the security chips in them.
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Ordered the Servo 2 from Fanatec last night. :WOOT

Just need to wait for delivery and find out what wheels will have the security chips in them.
I'm not jell :liar:

got an estimated delivery date?
May apparently. Just got to sort the fecking wheel out.
By bondyboy
nice, looking forward to trying the wheel (but will probably cause me to go off my wheel)

I just made some additions to my set-up, joystick handbrake (with buttons mapped for ABS, TC, Y, N etc.) and have set-up the gear shift, such a massive throw on the stick, need tegiwa to make a short shifter kit (or someone else to make one 1st that tegiwa can copy :wink: )

By EvoStu
Yeah I need to factor in a handbrake as well. :badrazz:
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:Yeah I need to factor in a handbrake as well. :badrazz:

I've seen people rig up xbox pads with a diy lever but thought this would have a larger, more precise, range of movement, it's almost in a realistic place but could do with tilting forward for more authentic "pull up and back movement". The joystick was my dads old one for his flight sim but the yaw control doesn't calibrate, doesn't matter for this as it only uses half of one axis

I'm sure you can buy one though, surely you'll be doing it properly

I've got some plans that will involve soldering skills (that I am sorely lacking), may be cool, may be ballsed up...
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Yeah I need to factor in a handbrake as well. :badrazz:

I've seen people rig up xbox pads with a diy lever but thought this would have a larger, more precise, range of movement, it's almost in a realistic place but could do with tilting forward for more authentic "pull up and back movement". The joystick was my dads old one for his flight sim but the yaw control doesn't calibrate, doesn't matter for this as it only uses half of one axis

I'm sure you can buy one though, surely you'll be doing it properly

I've got some plans that will involve soldering skills (that I am sorely lacking), may be cool, may be ballsed up...
Already have the plan in place. Just have to get everything bought now. Rig will be last as I'm waiting on the pricing of the new Radeon cards.
By EvoStu
Ordered some more bits from Fanatec last night as their wheels are now XBox and PS4 certified as well. :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Ordered some more bits from Fanatec last night as their wheels are now XBox and PS4 certified as well. :bigthumb:
sounds like your plan is coming together ;-)
Seriously expensive this one. Thank Jehovah for VAT reclaims. Looks like I got in on time with the Fanatec order on the Servo V2 as well. Its gone up nearly €200 now.
By bondyboy
Kunos recently let slip about bonus content coming soon, new track and 5 cars for free
With the game now out of the garage and on the track, the next phase (alongside polishing the main game itself, of course) is gradually releasing DLC packs, the first of which – the Dream Pack – is already available. "Currently we are working on the Bonus Pack, and that will be available as a free download for all users; we would like to release within a couple of months," Massarutto reveals. "We are still waiting for some approvals from our licensors, so I can't go deeply in details yet, but I'm sure that Zandvoort and the five cars included will make our followers very happy. We are also working on the Dream Pack 2, and that will include cars from Audi, Lamborghini and more – with some surprises – and will also feature the Circuit of Catalunya, which is currently in development. There is some other important news that will be disclosed soon; I can only say that we want to surprise our players even more."
full article
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories ... etto-corsa
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:Kunos recently let slip about bonus content coming soon, new track and 5 cars for free
With the game now out of the garage and on the track, the next phase (alongside polishing the main game itself, of course) is gradually releasing DLC packs, the first of which – the Dream Pack – is already available. "Currently we are working on the Bonus Pack, and that will be available as a free download for all users; we would like to release within a couple of months," Massarutto reveals. "We are still waiting for some approvals from our licensors, so I can't go deeply in details yet, but I'm sure that Zandvoort and the five cars included will make our followers very happy. We are also working on the Dream Pack 2, and that will include cars from Audi, Lamborghini and more – with some surprises – and will also feature the Circuit of Catalunya, which is currently in development. There is some other important news that will be disclosed soon; I can only say that we want to surprise our players even more."
full article
Some of the parts arrived. Going to try and build some this week. Can't do much till the wheel and servo 2 arrive though. Plus I've underestimated how heavy it may be. Doh.
By bondyboy
EvoStu wrote:
bondyboy wrote:Kunos recently let slip about bonus content coming soon, new track and 5 cars for free
full article
Some of the parts arrived. Going to try and build some this week. Can't do much till the wheel and servo 2 arrive though. Plus I've underestimated how heavy it may be. Doh.
whoops, I could always swing by on my way to jae to carry some parts for you ;) unless I bring my own too...
By EvoStu
bondyboy wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
full article
whoops, I could always swing by on my way to jae to carry some parts for you ;) unless I bring my own too...
We'll already have one for sure. This second one will be pretty epic though. Just need to find the time. The whole thing so far is around 100kg without screens.
By greesha
bondyboy wrote:made a bit of a change to my system, 2 new monitors, MSI 980 and a custom button box, this game has cost me a lot of money

Looks epic. Nice setup!

Are you bringing this to JAE? :D
By bondyboy
greesha wrote:
bondyboy wrote:made a bit of a change to my system, 2 new monitors, MSI 980 and a custom button box, this game has cost me a lot of money

Looks epic. Nice setup!

Are you bringing this to JAE? :D
I was intending to but Stu is planning on bringing two rigs so probably won't be room and PCars will probably be on them more than AC :sad:

Plus in order to bring it I'll need to purchase a proper game seat/rig (been looking at GT Omega ones)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]