The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By bondyboy
The GT3 field is quite large in AC atm and ALOOG are running one of their servers with all GT3 (or almost GT3) at Brands Hatch GP, this was my 1st drive of the new McLaren 650S GT3

Got to say the server plugin Minorating does seem to be doing its job and online races can sometimes be incident free and not always a T1 wreckfest. I only got taken out once here and it was an honest racing incident where the guy had a look up the inside, decided better of it and rejoined the racing line only to find me already braking (probably too early as was my 1st drive in the car), he waited for me to rejoin ahead of him so fair enough - to only then brilliantly overtake me on the outside of Paddock Hill bend 8-)
By EvoStu
I'll get the dreampack tomorrow and give it a whirl. :Woot:
By bondyboy
The safety rating plugin is doing a great job, been having some really good races the last couple of months, recorded one the other night where I managed to get into the lead after T1 but the guy behind was obviously a lot faster than me, I normally let such drivers by as defending usually means we'd both slow and be caught by the pack - but the pack appeared to be fighting amongst themselves giving us a bit of space, so I attempted to stay ahead...

By bondyboy
Assetto Corsa support wrote:The development of Assetto Corsa began in 2011. Since then, we have vastly improved our modelling techniques – today we have more resources (budget and manpower) and expertise, and the latest laser-scanning technology also allows us to obtain a better and wider scan, offering an opportunity to grab a higher number of objects surrounding the track. Moreover, during the development of Assetto Corsa, we have changed our approach to texturing and track modelling, creating more secondary details and trackside objects and also featuring 3D trees and camera-facing objects and crowds, something that resulted in nicer scenarios and better immersion. However, as a result there is now a visible gap in terms of graphics and details if you compare some of the first and the latest circuits created for Assetto Corsa.
Last year we made some tests with a new laser-scanning device, testing it at our HQ at Vallelunga race track, where we made our preliminary tests in early 2010 in preparation for the Ferrari Virtual Academy videogame. Since our aim is to offer our fans the best of our skills, know-how and quality, we are glad to tell you that we have started the process of optimizing and improving all our existing circuits, including Vallelunga, Nurburgring GP, Mugello, Magione, Imola, Silverstone, Monza, Spa Francorchamps, as well as the Nordschleife. The upgraded versions of these tracks will be available as a free update with build 1.5, currently in development.

Thank you very much for your great support!

Looks like the development of AC onto the consoles has resulted in them re-visiting earlier tracks to bring them up to par with the latest tracks, that together with multi-threaded code optimisation required in order to get it running at a decent rate on consoles (which was also applied to PC code) has meant some unexpected benefits from the console development.

Just hoping the console release doesn't fail as that could be the end of Kunos
By bondyboy
Massive 1.5 update imminent, free content too :-D

Unofficial change log
this is what we got until now:

- New Abarth 595esseesse and S1, S2 upgrades
- New Ford Mustang GT 2015
- New Corvette C7 Stingray
- New Black Cat County track
- Nurburgring gp circuit updated
- Nurburgring gp circuit now with 4 layouts
- Silverstone circuit updated
- Monza circuit updated
- Spa circuit updated
- Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit updated
- Nurburgring Nordschleife endurance cup layout added
- Mugello circuit updated
- Magione circuit updated
- Imola circuit updated
- Drift circuit updated
- Vallelunga circuit updated
- Vallelunga classic layout added
- Vallelunga circuit (all layouts) now has 24 car slots
- Activated time progression in Multiplayer
- Damage is now visible in Multiplayer mode for remote cars
- Launcher: steam overlay support disabled due to stability issues
- Launcher: re-instated multi-process mode for CEF due to stability issues
- Launcher: changes to memory usage policy, more aggressive memory releasing thresholds
- Fixed Lamborghini Miura gearbox damage
- Updated drivetrain upshift and downshift timings for all cars
- F6 inside cameras use internal sounds
- Free camera now honours distance multiplier for sound attenuation
- Of all Drivable cameras only Cockpit uses internal sounds
- Transmission sound can have its own volume (by default it shares engine volume, otherwise it uses the TRANSMISSION value set in audio.ini)
- Gearshift sound shares engine volume
- Backfire sound shares engine volume
- Fixed car sound when bottoming out
- Realtime app shows lapped guys (blue) and lapping guys (green)
- Fixed FuelLapEvaluation function
- Fixed fuel consumption on turbo engines
- Fixed inconsistency on UI tech specs
- Modding : added FormCamera functionality to associate internal/external soundset
- Modding : added console commands "observeLights" and "observeFlames" (work as observeDigital); EDIT_MODE is deprecated
- Modding : added Digital Instrument KERS_CHARGE (percentage)
- Modding : added Digital Instrument TOTAL_LAPS (if session is not race then "---")
- Modding : added Digital Instrument CURRENT_LAP
- Modding : added Digital Instrument EST_LAPS (if est is less than 0 then "--.-")
- Modding : added Digital Instrument AMBIENT_TEMP
- Modding : added Digital Instrument FUEL_CONS (UNITS: MPG_UK, MPG_US, L100 or "Kms per Liter" if missing)
- Modding : added Digital Instrument PLACE_HOLDER to avoid fixed digits on texture (use TEXT)
- Modding : added ON_BOARD_LOOKBACK_OFFSET in car.ini
- All tyres now use V7 with brand new heating values (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
- All tyres now use V7 with brand new falloff level and speed (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
- Changed all tyres flex and pressure relation.
- Changed all tyres footprint and pressure relation
- Modified global aero efficiency with yaw angle. Works on all cars
- Added new aero.ini version=3 with new YAW_CL_GAIN values that can stall wings depending on yaw angle
- Yaw angle stalling wings and diffusers for GT2/GT3 cars and Mercedes C9 and Lotus 98T
- All GT2/GT3 cars now have minimum height 55mm
- 200,400,500,1000,2000 meters drag circuits now available
- Modding : ksPreviewBuilder added to sdk/dev folder
- Python Interface:
- initFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
- setCustomFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
- getCameraMode()
- setCameraMode(acsys.CM)
- getCameraCarCount(carId)
- setCameraCar(F6 camera index, carId)
- focusCar(carId)
- getFocusedCar()
- getServerName()
- getServerIP()
- getServerHttpPort()
- getServerSlotsCount()
- isCarInPitline(carId)
- isCarInPit(carId)
- isConnected(carId)
- getCarBallast(carId)
- getCarState(carId)
- eKersCharge
- eKersInput
- totally revamped backfire system (will not break mods)
- added new F1 "dash camera" and "Chase camera #2"
- CameraManager : fixed issue globalCameraIndex
- Fixed Camera selection on Replay Interface
- Fixed CameraApp to reflect Dash and Chase changes
- Fixed Camera system messages
- Fixed Random camera wrong cameras + message
- added CameraOnBoard offset to avoid car parts on view
- added new driver model with lod
- added Fuel Lut to solve issues with several cars gauges
- SharedMemory : added new members
- SPageFilePhysics
float turboBoost = 0;
float ballast = 0;
float airDensity = 0;
- SPageFileGraphic
int isInPitLine = 0;
float surfaceGrip = 0;
- SPageFileStatic
float maxTurboBoost = 0;
float airTemp = 0;
float roadTemp = 0;
bool penaltiesEnabled = false;
float aidFuelRate = 0;
float aidTireRate = 0;
float aidMechanicalDamage = 0;
bool aidAllowTyreBlankets = false;
float aidStability = 0;
bool aidAutoClutch = false;
bool aidAutoBlip = false;
- fixed several cars still featuring dashboard "floating" digits
- fixed car scraping volume
- added first implementation of Force Feedback Post Processing (docs in cfg/ff_post_process.ini)
- improved camber calculations
- improved tyre heating on low friction surfaces (grass,sand etc)
- added new "Tyres" app (work in progress)
- Server lap counters and lap times are now 16 bit unsigned ints allowing super long sessions/races
By bondyboy
Well I've been playing with my Oculus for the last couple of weeks and it is awesome, bit of a backward step with the resolution after being used to triple screens but the immersion more than makes up for it, here's my 1st drive in the Toyota Supra MKIV Time Attack version, where's better to test a new car than on the famous German one way toll road

By Tas_Jeffers
bondyboy wrote:Well I've been playing with my Oculus for the last couple of weeks and it is awesome, bit of a backward step with the resolution after being used to triple screens but the immersion more than makes up for it, here's my 1st drive in the Toyota Supra MKIV Time Attack version, where's better to test a new car than on the famous German one way toll road

You can force a higher resolution by adjusting pixel per display pixel in the rift, normally this is done through the debug tool but AC will allow you you to do this by changing the values in the video.ini document, you can also force 8 times AA the same way to improve picture quality. The key with VR is fps, I would run AC at 2x display pixel and 8xAA, and lower all other settings to the point where 90fps can be maintained at all times.
By bondyboy
Tas_Jeffers wrote:
bondyboy wrote:Well I've been playing with my Oculus for the last couple of weeks and it is awesome, bit of a backward step with the resolution after being used to triple screens but the immersion more than makes up for it, here's my 1st drive in the Toyota Supra MKIV Time Attack version, where's better to test a new car than on the famous German one way toll road

You can force a higher resolution by adjusting pixel per display pixel in the rift, normally this is done through the debug tool but AC will allow you you to do this by changing the values in the video.ini document, you can also force 8 times AA the same way to improve picture quality. The key with VR is fps, I would run AC at 2x display pixel and 8xAA, and lower all other settings to the point where 90fps can be maintained at all times.
Yes aware of that cheers, currently running 1.8 pixel density with 2xAA, only way I can maintain 90fps with a full grid online on my lowly 5 year old 2500k processor

Do you play online much? what's your game name, I'll keep an eye out

Added in 5 minutes 5 seconds:
danneth wrote:I'm back on this, got a new PC setup so running it on ultra / 4k much improved 8-)
I'd prefer triple screens to 4K (although 4k x 3 would be awesome )
By GTR Racer
As visually good Assetto is I just don't think it matches iRacing in terms of feeling and clean close racing. It's always stupidly frustrating getting wiped out at turn 1, as always in online unorganised races.
By bondyboy
GTR Racer wrote:As visually good Assetto is I just don't think it matches iRacing in terms of feeling and clean close racing. It's always stupidly frustrating getting wiped out at turn 1, as always in online unorganised races.
The feeling I've always had in iRacing is great up until the limit, once you go over that limit it just seems unnatural, I keep going back to it (ok about 3 times in last 2 years) but it just feels wrong once the slip angle goes past a certain point and the FFB is severely lacking imo - I've tried to enjoy the driving in iRacing but I'm left disappointed everytime. Then there's the expense of it together with the fact that you only rent the content, once you stop paying subs you can't use anything you've previously paid for.

Yes the online racing is 2nd to none but you're paying a lot for that experience, plus people are obsessed with SR so quite often won't go for that overtake for fear of making a contact, I've had plenty of close door to door moments through several consecutive corners in AC in random public servers.
Have you heard of Sim Racing System and Minorating on AC? SRS is a little plugin where different races are organised on the hour every hour with stats recording performance and safety rating, real names are used and the racing is a lot cleaner than your average public server. Minorating is a server plugin that monitors collisions and grades you according to your driving, then servers can restrict entry to only users with specified Minorating, public servers are a lot better when running MR at grades A or B

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]