The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By karl
so what's this generation got us wetting our pants over then?
Last edited by karl on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mart
The influx of games that end up coming with a new generation. Both console companies more interested in fighting each other allowing the PC to grab exclusives from both parties. Titanfall in particular
Company of Heroes 2 that came out yesterday and is mega
Hopefully a bigger jump in hardware on the next release and hopefully not one sided AMD

Oh and watching them both claim what is considered next gen, watching console owners get hard ons about it, while that's been current gen on PC for ages

Occulus Rift VR is getting more and more support which is at least something properly next gen
By karl
so what's Planetside 2 like then, and how is it free?
By algreene
My upgrade is needed.

Ssd for windows 7 (to install) and games. Overclock Q6600 to maybe 3.2. Shouldnt blow up. Add another 4g memory. Cheaper than buying new build for now..
By Dubbz
karl wrote:so what's Planetside 2 like then, and how is it free?
It's not bad, although personally I find it a bit too big and boring. It's free because of micro-transactions. It does have a decent free to play model although it takes a while to earn stuff, but it's not a full on pay to win model at least. You can subscribe monthly for about £10 which gives you some kind of Sony CR to buy stuff in-game, like vehicle upgrades etc. However, in terms of large scale FPS battling, I find BF3 Conquest 64 player maps much more exciting and also think that the base gameplay is better. Not to mention, BF3 is well optimised and looks the business, where as PS2 is very dull and taxing on your system, for some reason.
By Mart
karl wrote:so what's Planetside 2 like then, and how is it free?
Like a worse BF but on a much larger scale. On BF you might have a jet from each side having a dog fight with the odd second aircraft turning up. On PS2 the aircraft numbers are unlimited. Everybody generates their own income for vehicles. You spend it and that particular aircraft goes on a cooldown for you.
I've been part of a 12 man squad of fighter aircraft and ended up in a full scale dog fight that lights up the sky rather than the flicker of BF.
Or a full invasion of tanks and men pushing bases. Talking 100 vs 100 and they have added pre determined paths for moving between bases so that fights are forced along paths rather than splitting up all over the show.
I've racked up 100 kills in just over 15 minutes defending a base with a huge bottleneck in it with dozens of us sat mowing ppl and tanks down. Turns into madness

But on the flip side.

Graphics are a bit lame
Like my Bro said it's really taxing on your PC despite not looking that impressive.
Terrain and hit boxes aren't quite perfect. So you can for instance be inside a massive building, attempt to throw a grenade, and it hits a rail despite clearly going over the top of it. Bouncing back and killing you and some teammates as friendly fire is always on.
If you ever go on in the day it's dead because the maps are so vast, and the servers are on 24/7. Each server runs 3 maps concurrently that you can warp between which just adds to the loneliness in the day. In the same time I killed 100 in 15 mins that would takes hours and hours in the daytime.

The slickness of BF, graphics, matchmaking make for a much better game.
Last edited by Mart on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Trixster
algreene wrote:My upgrade is needed.

Ssd for windows 7 (to install) and games. Overclock Q6600 to maybe 3.2. Shouldnt blow up. Add another 4g memory. Cheaper than buying new build for now..
It'll run fine at 3.4 on air tbh, plenty out there who have it, keep mine at 3 on air and it is perfectly fine with it.
By XxDanoxX
My Windows Experience Index Score is 7.2 (max 7.9) After I put the SSD and a new 2 gig graphics card.
By algreene
how do you check that?
By Wilkeh
Also 7.6 here, everything is 7.9 except the "Memory" and "Disk data transfer rate" which is 7.8 and 7.6 respectively.

Full spec of mine with everything -

Tower -

i7 2700K @ stock speeds
Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212 CPU Cooler
Asus P8Z68-V PRO motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
XFX 850W XXX Edition PSU
EVGA Signature 2 GTX 680 2GB
Sound Blaster Z sound card
2 x 60GB Vertex 2's
2 x 2TB HDD's
BitFenix Ghost Silent Tower Case

Monitors -

24" Acer GD245HQ 120hz
24" Samsung Syncmaster P2450h

Peripherals -

2.1 Edifier S730 300w RMS speakers
Corsair K70 Mechanical keyboard
Steelseries Sensei Mouse
Steelseries 9HD mouse mat
Steelseries Siberia V2 headphones (for gaming)
Sennheiser 598 headphones (for films & music)
2 x Sennheiser HH10 headphone holders

and last but not least...

...a Jack Daniels beer mat.

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

By algreene
I guess the index score is a no for XP??
By Mart
Tower -

i5 2500K @ 4Ghz
Prolimatech Genesis cooler w/ 2x Sharkoon fans
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen 4
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W PSU
MSI GTX 570
128GB Vertex 3
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD
Coolermaster HAF X

Monitor -

24" Benq XL2420T

Peripherals -

Corsair K60 Mechanical keyboard
Steelseries Sensei Mouse
Steelseries QcK mouse mat
Sennheiser PC 360 gaming headset
Astro Mixamp

No pics I'd have to tidy up my desk :lol:
Last edited by Mart on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wilkeh
danneth wrote:nice one geek
:lol:

Geek's "in" at the moment...

...i think

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Wilkeh
They're an absolute bargain mate, bascially just a re-branded 680 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Which one you picked up?
By danneth
Wilkeh wrote:
danneth wrote:nice one geek
:lol:

Geek's "in" at the moment...

...i think

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
If it wasn't for the wedding in 3 months I think I would have started all over again need some kind of CS action :???: :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]