The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By danneth
m1ke wrote:Wondering why I ever stopped playing games on PC. Consoles are so far behind.
They aren't really behind if you're comparing the same price point, but if there is no budget then nothing to really compare.

That said I'm well and truly back into CSGO now and hardly touching the console apart from Pcars recently.
By kev_croombs2
NyseriA wrote:You can easily surpass a "next gen" console for £500 notes
I'm considering a gaming pc, what sort of things do i need to be looking out for? The massive list of components doesn't make it very idiot friendly to identify better spec.

Looking to hook up to 42" HD tv so don't need monitor, and have keyboard and mouse from an older pc.

Not used pc for gaming for years.

I've had a look on ebay thinking i might be able to get a cheap used one that people seem to upgrade quickly.

Any ideas/links appreciated :bigthumb:

Would i also be able to use it as a media server for Sonos for example?
By Adey
You can have mine for £400. I'm getting a laptop to free up some space.

Intel Core i5-4670
AMD Radeon R9 270 GPU
320gb Hybrid Hard Drive
ASUS H87M-E Mobo
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz
Thermaltake Smart SE 530W 80+ Bronze Efficiency Modular PSU
Windows 8.1
By smartie
Above spec would be ok at 1080p but newer titles you will need to dial down the settings to get 60FPS. :)

Probably need to spend nearer 800-900 quid to smash 1080p these days.
By kev_croombs2
Adey wrote:You can have mine for £400. I'm getting a laptop to free up some space.

Intel Core i5-4670
AMD Radeon R9 270 GPU
320gb Hybrid Hard Drive
ASUS H87M-E Mobo
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz
Thermaltake Smart SE 530W 80+ Bronze Efficiency Modular PSU
Windows 8.1
Thanks Adey, After speaking to a friend i might look to build one.

Think i'll do some more investigating.

My friend is suggesting

970GTX GPU
i5 Processor
16GB Ram.

This will probably come in over budget so may need to tweak it.

I want something that will last at least as long as a next gen console. (hopefully)
By smartie
Personally I would rather have an unlocked "K" series i5 CPU like a i5 4690K.
SSD is a bit small, will be full of junk from Windows soon enough. Bearing in mind games are getting bigger all the time(GTA V is 60gb) you wont be able to fit more than 1 maybe 2 games on it alongside windows.

If you dont mind running games from the 1TB drive its fairly decent overall.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Personally I would rather have an unlocked "K" series i5 CPU like a i5 4690K.
SSD is a bit small, will be full of junk from Windows soon enough. Bearing in mind games are getting bigger all the time(GTA V is 60gb) you wont be able to fit more than 1 maybe 2 games on it alongside windows.

If you dont mind running games from the 1TB drive its fairly decent overall.
Definitely go for a K series CPU, totally agree with that and the bigger drive.
By kev_croombs2
So went ahead with this bubdle in the end, tried pricing up seperate components and it was coming out quite a bit more expensive. so decided to stick with it.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprod ... catid=2834

All set up and was playing Project Cars this weekend. Very good, always seems to be carnage on the first corner though!

Bundle also came with Witcher 3 and Batman, Arkham Knight (not released yet) Unfortunately with my 5mb internet it takes forever to download!!

Really impressed so far, and the case is cool with colour changing LED's and pretty quiet.

I can use my Xbox wireless controller(with adaptor) and DFGT wheel from my PS3 so thats a bonus especially as if i'd have bought the PS4 i'd have had to buy a new wheel and pedals.

if anyone wants to add me my steam name is gammyeye.

Any future game recommendations?
By smartie
Really want to love it, wanted to get another R. Expect the performance is pretty great but only a mother could love those looks.

Been watching these, though seems there are TONS of issues, poor build quality, excessive backlight bleed and dead pixels. Hopefully he got a good one?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]