The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By jtc
Think I've decided I'm going to buy an Xbox One at Christmas, hopefully when there are some deals, with Star Wars & Lego Jurassic World & Fallout 4 & Project Cars & maybe the new (proper) Forza.

Might book my annual leave now :lol:
By Sedge
Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition. One of the few physical games I want to buy but they're all sold out. Looks like a digital pre-order will be on the cards then.
By richd7
As someone who's been happy to ignore this generation step up (not really a leap is it), this whole backwards compatibility thing is a big seller for me. There's very little that excites me about the new gen so the ability to just fire up the older/better games on the same console is a big plus. With Batman, Just Cause 3 and a few others coming soon I do reckon early next year will be the time. Yes next year, as we all know that getting games early means you no longer get the full game. The industry seems determined to piss off the loyal gamer with pre-order bonuses, day one dlc and season pass nonsense. Be good to pick up a new X1 for £200 with Batman Arkham Knight "game of the year" complete edition next year.

I see Sony has refused to be drawn into the backwards compatibility issue. No wonder considering they're making money from re-selling old games to their loyal fans. Anyone would think this is all about money. If that were the case then all we'd see would be sequels and remakes on this generation.
By Dubbz
I paid about £3 each for both the 1st and 2nd Batman GOTY edition games (on PC mind) in a sale years ago. Still not played them though!. As you say, it's not worth paying full price for a game that isn't even complete. People need to learn from CD Projekt Red and how they release content for Witcher! I would have quite happily paid full whack for that even though it came free with my graphics card.

Really not sure where Microsoft are going with the whole Xbox > Windows 10 thing. It's all cryptic marketing to me. I'll get Windows 10 free anyway, if it works with Xbox games running through my PC, great, more games but I seriously doubt any Xbox exclusive will tempt me into buying a whole console + the game to stream to my PC; not to mention wouldn't you just plug it into the PC monitor and save on the bandwidth hogging?
By EvoStu
Looks interesting that Sea of Thieves. Might have to take a plunge on the new consoles, just to satisfy my curiosity.
By Sedge
Remember there are some good deals here: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games

AC4:Black Flag - £5
AC: Unity - £8 (remember the first DLC 'Dead Kings' is free, too)

Two good games for not very much money. They have Rise for £10 but I'm still waiting for that to come out on GwG.
By Mark
EvoStu wrote:Looks interesting that Sea of Thieves. Might have to take a plunge on the new consoles, just to satisfy my curiosity.

The trailer certainly looks interesting, no doubt like all these things will turn out poop.

Just cause 3 looks like total carnage in its trailer/teaser.
By EvoStu
jtc wrote:CDKeys have LIVE 12 month memberships for £19.99 and a like on their FB page gets you 5% off, making it £18.99 ...

For anyone interested.
Bargain that. 8-)
By VTEC77
Anybody running an external hard drive? Pro's? Con's? What are people using?

My internal drive is rather full and with games like Fallout 4 on the cards am after more storage rather than having to delete stuff.
By EvoStu
VTEC77 wrote:Anybody running an external hard drive? Pro's? Con's? What are people using?

My internal drive is rather full and with games like Fallout 4 on the cards am after more storage rather than having to delete stuff.
I guess if its a fast enough drive you'll be fine.
By jtc
I picked up a 1Tb console recently. Lots of what I read suggested as long as it's a speedy disk in a newish enclosure then on some occasions the USB disk out performs the built-in one.
By EvoStu
jtc wrote:I picked up a 1Tb console recently. Lots of what I read suggested as long as it's a speedy disk in a newish enclosure then on some occasions the USB disk out performs the built-in one.
With the price drop on SSD's recently would be great to try one, as the data will stay pretty much the same so its perfect for SSD.
By Mark
Dvr is coming, new UI, backward compatibility, host of cool looking games all sounding good.
By jtc
The Win10 UI looks nice. I can see a lot of people heading out to grab a Kinect 2 for the added integration.

I cannot wait for Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4 and Forza 6
By EvoStu
jtc wrote:The Win10 UI looks nice. I can see a lot of people heading out to grab a Kinect 2 for the added integration.

I cannot wait for Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4 and Forza 6
I'll have to check this out. Been holding out on the new consoles.
By Sedge
Fallout 4 is going to be winnar.

Rare Replay is keeping me busy at the moment but Nuts and Bolts is laggy as f**k in places. Back to Banjo-Kazooie for the time being.
By Certi
Tomb Raider: The Difinitive Edition is now available for free to XBL gold members.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]