The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By mjhamilton
danneth wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:So this game turned out to be a flop as well in the end

Beginning to regret buying my PS4 - only recent game I have played is Lego marvel Heroes with my daughter

XBOne probably would have been a better buy
Far from, it's a good 8/10 imo, depends if you're into the whole cinematic game, it's another split down the middle if you look over on GAF it's mainly loved by most but the reviews not so much.

Great Story, looks insane and something different, room for improvement sure and not the longest game about so won't be value for some.

I've hardly touched the PS4 tbh as CSGO has me fully locked in now, tempted to get Pcars on console just due to mates etc apart from that it's hard to be dragged away from CS atm

but as predicted is looks, feels and plays like a GoW with a big splash of Assassins Creed thrown in for good measure - seems like another example of an pretty game with not real innovation or anything new to bring to the table - what little I played made me think that I would probably just plod through it all the way to the end and just exclaim "Meh!" once done
By danneth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... lease-date
The Morpheus headset will boast a 5.7 inch OLED screen, with a resolution of 1920x1080. Impressively, it'll also boast a 120Hz refresh rate - besting the 90Hz in the Vive headset that HTC is making in partnership with Valve, and the 75Hz that the Oculus Rift DK2 currently runs at.
Most importantly, the headset is aiming for a final consumer release in the first half of 2016. Press are currently receiving demos of Morpheus, and Digital Foundry's Rich Leadbetter has already been impressed with what's on show, sampling a new demo called London Heist. We'll have more details and full impressions soon.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... t-morpheus
We only played the one demo - London Studio's Heist - and it allowed us to sample what is going to be a crucial element of the Morpheus SDK. The demo itself is visually rich, apparently running at 60fps, but the PS4 uses a form of frame-rate upscaling that Sony calls reprojection in order to give the illusion of a higher frame-rate. The idea is that midway between rendering each native image, the PS4 interpolates an intermediate frame based on revised motion data fed to the console from the HMD. Right now we'd say that the jury's out on the technology - it didn't exactly feel as though it was running at a significantly higher frame-rate and indeed, at some points it felt that the 60fps target wasn't adhered to. However, even if we're not quite dealing with super-slick perfection, the quality of the immersion is absolutely remarkable. This is VR that not only works but leaves a lasting impression. An hour on from the hands-on session and I'm still excited about it.
By Sedge
mjhamilton wrote:Beginning to regret buying my PS4 - only recent game I have played is Lego marvel Heroes with my daughter
That is a good game. Currently playing the Lego Movie Game which is good but not as good as the Marvel one.
By Evostance
Sedge wrote:Sony are awesome.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comment ... ning_sony/
https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... y&src=tyah
Oh wait - they're being c**ts.
In terms of the charges, I think they're correct as its for the bank to dispute if its a credit card.

With regards to the customer side of things (games, account banning etc), well thats just all kinds of douchery
By Sedge
Banning an account because of a chargeback? That's just stupid. The owner was not responsible for the charges. If you read through the transcripts Sony denied ever loosing customer data :rotflmao:
It was fraud so cancel the transitions and no-one loses - PS haven't sold anything (they get their content 'back') so there is no debt and the player goes back to how it was before the account was hacked. It's so simple but they are being so unreasonable.
By mjhamilton
It's a 20 year old game but Oddworld Abe's Odyssey is free at the moment

.... not really utilising the powerz of the PS4 but at least it is not collecting dust at the moment
By mjhamilton
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:It's a 20 year old game but Oddworld Abe's Odyssey is free at the moment

.... not really utilising the powerz of the PS4 but at least it is not collecting dust at the moment
A 20 year old game that's been remastered none the less! I'm quite enjoying it, brings back memories!
remastered FLOLOLOL

I am going through it with my daughter who has never seen it before otherwise I wouldn't have bothered :)
By ben-111
Well it doesn't look the same as the 20 year old version so they've done something
By mjhamilton
So what .. It's got a lick of paint - the fact that the only game worth playing on the so called best console on the market is a little crappy in my opinion
By ben-111
Just sell it then , all you've done is moan about it since having it,
I'm loving mine, games as well, in fact I will mention driveclub now is one of the best racing games I've played, an opinion shared by many nowadays it seems. it's a shame I sold it before they sorted it out

It's about time they stopped releasing broken games, wasn't such an issue back when you couldn't patch a game after it launched, drive club would have benefited massively from that.
By Evostance
mjhamilton wrote:So what .. It's got a lick of paint - the fact that the only game worth playing on the so called best console on the market is a little crappy in my opinion
To be fair, you can't just gone something a lick of paint that old. All the models etc would need updating

Also, I kinda agree with Ben. All you've done is moan about how their are no games. Sell it and buy a PS3
By ben-111
I don't get this no games comment, for starters the majority of best games are multi platform anyway, only exclusives I have are Killzone and last of us which are both fantastic imo, other than that the other exclusives aren't really my thing, but the grass isn't greener on the other side either at the minute
By Evostance
It really depends what games you like, but here are some off the top of my head:

Destiny
Fifa
GTA V
The Last of Us
Tomb Radier
DriveClub
Far Cry 4
The Order
Watch Dogs
BF4
Killzone
Assassins Creed Series
Dying Light
inFamous

Then again, off the top of my head, games coming soon:

Metal Gear Solid
Battlefield Hardline
Final Fantasy
Batman
Borderlands 3
Project Cars
Elder Scrolls online
Mortal Kombat
The Division
Star Wars
Rainbow 6
Mirrors Edge 2
Assassins Creed
Unchartered 4
By mjhamilton
Got back into the last of us - didn't quite get into it but now I have made the connection and am playing through

Very smart game
By danneth
you were watching our E3 press conference pre-show, you probably heard the good news – Media Player for the PS4 will be available to download from PlayStation Store this evening. A Media Player icon will appear in the PS4 content area, simply select the icon and you will be taken to the PS Store where you can begin the download.

The Media Player works with both your home server and when plugging a USB stick with media into one of the available ports on the PS4. Your home server will appear as a media option in the player automatically and finding your media is simple and quick. You may also simply enjoy music as background music on your PS4!
Of course, we know what you really want to see: look below to see supported video and audio file formats and codec details.
Video
MKV
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVI
Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
MP4
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
MPEG-2 TS
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)
Photo
JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG
Music
MP3
AAC (M4A)

So finally after years, the most wanted game was shown...

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]