The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By scot
That's super. Give us a new console with the most amazing graphics in the world and rather than taking 5 years for a game to be made. Lets make it 10.

Just because you can technically have the best graphics in the world, real world resolution, doesn't mean its possible to make. Whether the restraint be time, or money, or even having a tv capable of it
By Mark
Will next gen bring us 1080p for all games?
By scot
Mark wrote:Will next gen bring us 1080p for all games?
Can you see the difference between 1080 and 720?
By EvoStu
scot wrote:
I await the "its like night and day" comments. :lol:

Danneth, where are you Danneth? :lol:
By Jules
You need a TV well over 40" to see the difference between 1080 and 720
By ben-111
there's speculation the ps4 will support 4k resolution which makes all out tvs Ice age lol
Last edited by ben-111 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ben-111
And here's one for you tin foil hatters

Rockstar delay gta till September despite aparently been well under way in wrapping the game up. Then Sony few hours later make the announcement
It's said R* delayed it so they could make a decent port over to next gen and release them both simultaneously, a big pay off from Sony makes sense really if you could have gta V as a launch title

But that's means a September release for ps4 which I can't see but who knows
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
scot wrote:
I await the "its like night and day" comments. :lol:

Danneth, where are you Danneth? :lol:
Don't think I've ever said that have I?

But given the option I know which one I would rathr have
By richd7
ben-111 wrote:And here's one for you tin foil hatters

Rockstar delay gta till September despite aparently been well under way in wrapping the game up. Then Sony few hours later make the announcement
It's said R* delayed it so they could make a decent port over to next gen and release them both simultaneously, a big pay off from Sony makes sense really if you could have gta V as a launch title

But that's means a September release for ps4 which I can't see but who knows
Normally it's around 6 months from announcement to release, so that date may be spot on for the PS4 release. As much as we don't want to think Rockstar would do something so underhand, it is all about money really, and with dev costs for GTA5 already over £130million and the recent share price drop, it's easy to see why Sony could've made a tempting offer.

A lot of people will be unhappy if that's the case, but so many will still buy this when it comes out. Although I can't see many rushing out to buy a new console just for a version that will look a small bit better. The gameplay will stil be the same (something most people often forget when thinking of the next gen).
By bondyboy
ben-111 wrote:....They can't implement all the features what an f1 game should have, good graphics and good framerate without one or the other flopping, it's not just that there's more also

also who doesn't want battlefield with more than 24 players, racing games with more players, greater draw distances etc etc

also looking forward to DAY Z, a game that they said wouldnt be possible to implement on current consoles

anyway can't wait, I just hope there beefed up and not 'downgraded' to suit everyone's budgets, they do need to last at least 5-7 years,
Geoff Crammond > Codemasters at F1 games, see:-

64 player Battlefield 3 is pretty good :thumbup:
By ben-111
Yeah if it does get ported over to next gen then it won't be a patch on what the ps4/Xbox could achieve as gta v was designed with current gen in mind

Still I'd get it

Another thing to look at is this, if R* don't release gta v on ps4/Xbox then when they finally do get round to releasing gta 6 it will be mid term in the next gens life cycle which means chances are they will only get to release one gta on next gen, so with that in mind it looks likely its been delayed to release on next gen

I can see a lot of people been angry if this is the case as R* could have just release the ps3/360 version and then ported it once the next gen arrives, but what you got to under stand is gta was supposed to be out in may/June, by the time ps4 comes out be it September or even December the hype surrounding GTA V would have died of somewhat

Plus if Sony did bribe them,it would do wonders for there launch sales, I'd imagine loads of people, Sony fans or even Xbox fans would buy a ps4 if on release gtaV was available on ps3,360 and ps4
By cheapskate
scot wrote:That's super. Give us a new console with the most amazing graphics in the world and rather than taking 5 years for a game to be made. Lets make it 10.

Just because you can technically have the best graphics in the world, real world resolution, doesn't mean its possible to make. Whether the restraint be time, or money, or even having a tv capable of it
It has been made. The upcoming Crysis 3 will hammer that home. The visual difference between the PC and console versions will be nauseating.

PC version:

I am seriously thinking of installing a windows partition on my Macbook Pro Retina just for this game, as it's GPU can kick the xbox 360's into next week.

I have a 50" Panasonic plasma and can certainly see the difference between HD and SD at my normal viewing distance.
By khani47
Wow the single player really does look awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
By danneth
cheapskate wrote:
scot wrote:That's super. Give us a new console with the most amazing graphics in the world and rather than taking 5 years for a game to be made. Lets make it 10.

It has been made. The upcoming Crysis 3 will hammer that home. The visual difference between the PC and console versions will be nauseating.

PC version:

I am seriously thinking of installing a windows partition on my Macbook Pro Retina just for this game, as it's GPU can kick the xbox 360's into next week.

I have a 50" Panasonic plasma and can certainly see the difference between HD and SD at my normal viewing distance.
If anyone can't see the difference between SD and HD then I would say that they have had their eyes painted on.
By smartie
People were referring to the difference between 720 and 1080, not SD and HD.
By jymmm
Night and day difference
By danneth
smartie wrote:People were referring to the difference between 720 and 1080, not SD and HD.
Old news, we have now moved on.
By richd7
Looks like another FPS to me... probably 5 or 6 hours of gameplay and a tacked on multiplayer. Once you get past the "oooo" factor of the looks, it's got to come down to gameplay - and a new console isn't going to make a difference there if the games makers can't deliver.
By Jules
cheapskate wrote:

PC version:

Looks like xbox to me
By smartie
danneth wrote:
smartie wrote:People were referring to the difference between 720 and 1080, not SD and HD.
Old news, we have now moved on.
Clearly not.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]