The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
smartie wrote:How can I setup the pi to mirror what is on my phone/tablet.

for Google devices sync everything with iCloud.. for Apple.. well we know the answer to that one :)
Deliberately misunderstanding. :-|
me or you?..

... explain yourself better man
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
smartie wrote:"Mirroring"

now explain to us non iphags what that means in the real world as I am sure Apple do their own thing with mirroring
Says on the screenie.

oh yeah.. I think Evos excellent post above answers that one :)
mjhamilton wrote:
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

now explain to us non iphags what that means in the real world as I am sure Apple do their own thing with mirroring
Says on the screenie.

Yup, just tested Airplay now. You can stream Audio & Video from iTunes to XBMC. You can't do mirroring though I don't think. Haven't got an iDevice to test...unless you can do it with a Mac
Evostance wrote:
Sedge wrote:http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 63&t=16821
Not sure if this is the same thing, however you can pass it to a DTS Capable Receiver
http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/sound/
That's DTS, I was after DTS-HD MA. Uncompressed audio. From what Sedge posted it's going to take a bit of dev work from Raspberry. Can it handle high bitrate stuff, or does it struggle and get choppy like some older streamers?
matt666 wrote:
Evostance wrote:
Sedge wrote:http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 63&t=16821
Not sure if this is the same thing, however you can pass it to a DTS Capable Receiver
http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/sound/
That's DTS, I was after DTS-HD MA. Uncompressed audio. From what Sedge posted it's going to take a bit of dev work from Raspberry. Can it handle high bitrate stuff, or does it struggle and get choppy like some older streamers?
That I have no idea about, probably best asked on the Raspbmc forums!
mjhamilton wrote:
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Says on the screenie.

Nope. :smile:
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
smartie wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Says on the screenie.

Nope. :smile:
stick with Apple then if it does what you need.. why change.... if it ain't broke don't fix it :)
Have had the chance to play with the pi xmbc server more over the weekend..

.. Have to say it is very impressive.. I like the way it creates its own local db for music and video information so use can use a read only dlna source for your files

Removes any need for middle ware such as an iTunes server, still playing with the various remotes for Android and iOS but these have a lot of features
mjhamilton wrote:Have had the chance to play with the pi xmbc server more over the weekend..

.. Have to say it is very impressive.. I like the way it creates its own local db for music and video information so use can use a read only dlna source for your files

Removes any need for middle ware such as an iTunes server, still playing with the various remotes for Android and iOS but these have a lot of features
I use yatse for android. The best there is. I'm trying to find the setting which pulls all the media details to the pi instead of reading at from serviio. Cant remember where it is though...
Evostance wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Have had the chance to play with the pi xmbc server more over the weekend..

I use yatse for android. The best there is. I'm trying to find the setting which pulls all the media details to the pi instead of reading at from serviio. Cant remember where it is though...
I am just using the Pi as a media receiver with no local files so it works great for me.. I let it run a local cache and db for the metadata and all is good..

I agree that yatse seems to be the best remote, just wished it looked a little cleaner
mjhamilton wrote:
Evostance wrote:

I am just using the Pi as a media receiver with no local files so it works great for me.. I let it run a local cache and db for the metadata and all is good..

I agree that yatse seems to be the best remote, just wished it looked a little cleaner
Yeah thats exactly how im using it too, however all the data and images seem to be blurry. I'm sure they're being pulled from the server and not the online metadata.
Are you connecting to a DLNA Server or to a SMB Share?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]