The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
DLNA server.. this is why I liked it.. it can connect to a read only source and create a local DB.. I already have my album art etc built into the file metadata for the MP3/4 files so I am not seeing the same issue as these are being used
Omni wrote:Wonder where WDTV too it's styling cues from :lol:
Not sure if serious?

Are you saying a generic square black box is Apple's design? :lol:

You're sounding worse than the Apple patent clerks. :rotflmao:
Omni wrote:Seems kinda similar to me, shape, size, purpose

I reckon apple could have this blown off the shelves in no time at all. Probably not a big enough fish for apple to bother frying
Oh right so black square video players are Apples design. Gotcha.
Just completed my media server/home lab build:
HP N40L
16Gb Ram
Additional PCIe GB NIC (to dedicate to OMV)
Modified BIOS to permit hotswap and full AHCI on all SATA/eSATA ports
ESXi installed on an internal USB stick, using the supplied 250Gb HDD (moved to the optical bay) as the datastore
Openmediavault as a VM using 3 x WD Red 2Tb HDD in RAID5, with Plex media server running for DLNA

Samsung SmartTV with the Plex App works really well in the bedroom. Denon AV receiver streams music nicely via DLNA (controlled via the Denon app on my phone). Have an older Samsung TV in the lounge but the Xbox streams video really nicely via ethernet.

Low power, loads of potential, relatively cheap [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
khani47 wrote:i'm new to this set up so im looking for some advice,

i 've looked into the Asustor 302T and Synology DS214play.

has any one used any of the above or would you recommend building your own. (this would cost little more)
I have the DS214Play and you may as well stop your search right there.

Its the best, no arguments, no discussions, the end.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]