The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Fly100
When you turn TV on, you can make it go direct to and source you want. Mine now goes direct to HDMI 1 port ( Sky).

* 1: TV is on

* 2: press and hold -/V on TV front panel and press 3 times TV/AV on the remote

* 3: now you are in Hotel mode and you can adjust your preferences.

Nice tweek.

PAUL
By Fly100
m1ke wrote:It's not a tweak, it's a tv setting lol.

Give me 100mb. Now.
Its in a hidden menu thus a tweek!

Bollox to your 100 meg.
By Atki
Quality find, no more time wasting when the tv comes on now :-D

Atki
By Fly100
m1ke wrote:Put it to AV, goes straight to hdmi because I have nothing in AV. Ha.
Nor do I , its goes direct to Freesat. HaHA
By J4Y
pana's from the g10 on wards have an autoswitching function to HDMI 1 so when the TV is turnt on and source that feeds into HDMI 1 its turnt on it goes to that chanel.

so sky hd in hdmi 1 turn it on and turn the tv on and the sky picture shows :salut:
By cheapskate
J4Y wrote:pana's from the g10 on wards have an autoswitching function to HDMI 1 so when the TV is turnt on and source that feeds into HDMI 1 its turnt on it goes to that chanel.

so sky hd in hdmi 1 turn it on and turn the tv on and the sky picture shows :salut:
Pannys before the G10 also did this, my PZ81B does.
By cheapskate
When the high-handed BBC arséholes decided to switch the satellite transmission scheme of their HD channels from DVB to DVB S2, with only a couple days warning, they shafted a lot of owners of Panasonic PZ81B series TVs, as they were not configured for S2 when made so the HD channels became unusable.

Yesterday, when I switched on my Th-50PZ81B, there was a white box in the middle of the screen with red text that said something along the lines of 'Finished Software Update - press EXIT to continue'.

Initially I thought the update had done nothing as nothing seemed different, then I thought to do a freesat channel rescan, and to my amazement, the BBC HD channels now work!

I have to wonder why it took Panasonic 4 years to issue a fix they should have done immediately.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]