The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By danneth
Evostance wrote:Got mine downloading. £18 - bargain!
Hope it goes smoother than James :lol:
By danneth
Evostance wrote:
danneth wrote:
??
He just hit a little niggle :lol:

Get it from the Spanish guy?
By danneth
Evostance wrote:
danneth wrote:
Evostance wrote:
danneth wrote:
??
He just hit a little niggle :lol:

Get it from the Spanish guy?
Got it from one of them! What niggle lol?
Was seeing a padlock for a while :lol: until he activated it again
By Mark
richd7 wrote:
J@mes wrote:The old gen looked good enough to me, very polished.
This. As good as it may now look it can't be £300 better. Besides once you get past the extra shine its still the same game.

I do find it funny that the best games on this whole new generation are the best games from the last generation.
Tbh the game should never have been released on the last gen, although it was good it deserved much more.

(I haven't played the update just my opinion)
By Magic-R
I couldn't transfer over to xbox one last night, it was telling me there was no social club data. But there was a patch downloaded this morning and by the time I get home from work my profile should be all swapped over.

I've not had a chance to play it yet, but the fiance is working late tonight :P
By richd7
Mark wrote:
richd7 wrote:
This. As good as it may now look it can't be £300 better. Besides once you get past the extra shine its still the same game.

I do find it funny that the best games on this whole new generation are the best games from the last generation.
Tbh the game should never have been released on the last gen, although it was good it deserved much more.

Serious? You're saying they shouldn't have released their $250million game to 120 million gamers and instead just focused on the 10 million next gen lot. Financial suicide I believe you'd call that.

Looking at all these next gen games I fail to see how "much more" would've meant to GTA 5. Despite all the bravado next gen hasn't delivered anything apart from slightly better looking versions of last gen games. It's not been the leap forward promised or anything like previous generation changes.

That said I'm sure a next gen Red Dead or GTA 6 will really push the new tech and show what it can do... but thats a few years away yet.
By danneth
richd7 wrote:
Mark wrote:
richd7 wrote:

Serious? You're saying they shouldn't have released their $250million game to 120 million gamers and instead just focused on the 10 million next gen lot. Financial suicide I believe you'd call that.

Looking at all these next gen games I fail to see how "much more" would've meant to GTA 5. Despite all the bravado next gen hasn't delivered anything apart from slightly better looking versions of last gen games. It's not been the leap forward promised or anything like previous generation changes.

That said I'm sure a next gen Red Dead or GTA 6 will really push the new tech and show what it can do... but thats a few years away yet.

What was promised and was it all promised within the first year?
By Magic-R
Evostance wrote:I think it's only the only portion which is transferred over too. Shame, didn't really want to do the story all over again but hey ho
Ah, I wanted to do the story and task again, although I only completed the main story last time and then sold my 360.
By richd7
danneth wrote:What was promised and was it all promised within the first year?
Okay maybe promised is the wrong word, but after previous generations updates we were expecting something great. I recall the step from Xbox to Xbox 360 and games like Dead Rising and Gears of War totally doing things that the previous gen could only dream of. There's been nothing like that and I do believe that this gen is nothing more than a slight graphical update more than an overall step forward. Happy to be proven wrong next year when Batman and Just Cause 3 hits though, but I'm waiting before I leave the old gen.
By danneth
richd7 wrote:
Okay maybe promised is the wrong word, but after previous generations updates we were expecting something great. I recall the step from Xbox to Xbox 360 and games like Dead Rising and Gears of War totally doing things that the previous gen could only dream of. There's been nothing like that and I do believe that this gen is nothing more than a slight graphical update more than an overall step forward. Happy to be proven wrong next year when Batman and Just Cause 3 hits though, but I'm waiting before I leave the old gen.
Even though I'd say the graphics are better than a "slight" upgrade, we can't judge the Gen on that just yet, look at the releases from the start of the PS3 gen compared to how they ended up, the developers have already said until year 2 onwards you won't see the full potential of the machines.

Graphics a side, you have other upgrades like the DS4, audio from the pad, touchpad which is now being used by the games, the audio upgrade from the console itself, the newer engines being used compared to last gen, the UI update, loading times of games / installs etc etc

I understand some won't make the jump yet but for me, a better looking / sounding game being played with a much improved pad was worth it.
By richd7
danneth wrote:
richd7 wrote:
Even though I'd say the graphics are better than a "slight" upgrade, we can't judge the Gen on that just yet, look at the releases from the start of the PS3 gen compared to how they ended up, the developers have already said until year 2 onwards you won't see the full potential of the machines.

Graphics a side, you have other upgrades like the DS4, audio from the pad, touchpad which is now being used by the games, the audio upgrade from the console itself, the newer engines being used compared to last gen, the UI update, loading times of games / installs etc etc

I understand some won't make the jump yet but for me, a better looking / sounding game being played with a much improved pad was worth it.
I know from what I've seen of Batman Arkham Knight I reckon that could be the one to tempt me, add that to the next Uncharted and Just Cause 3 and come next year will be a good one. I just currently see it all a bit meh rather than must have. Come then, the question is, PS4 or X1... decisions decisions!
By Mark
richd7 wrote:
Mark wrote:
richd7 wrote:

Think how many next gen consoles would have been sold off the back of GTA if it had been released as a launch title.

I do not agree with you on this one, GTA5 on the last gen was good yes however it was not a million miles away from GTA4. For it to be great it should be have been released on the PS4 and X1, it would have been the kick start the new consoles needed to make the masses of people step away from 360 and PS3.
By J@mes
I have to disagree again :lol: gta 4 looked like a well polished version of 3. 5 was in a completely different league even on the PS3.
By J@mes
Anyone first personed a whore yet? :lol:
By EvoStu
J@mes wrote:Anyone first personed a whore yet? :lol:
[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]