The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By J@mes
Can't believe the controversy you still can't really see anything :lol:
By richd7
J@mes wrote:I have to disagree again :lol: gta 4 looked like a well polished version of 3. 5 was in a completely different league even on the PS3.
Totally. GTA4 to 5 was a giant leap forward on the same tech. GTA5 last gen and GTA5 new gen look pretty much the same. I do agree that only releasing GTA5 at launch with the new consoles would've been a great seller, but there's no way it would've generated $2billion as not everyone wants to or can afford a new console just for one game, and Rockstar knew that. This plan of releasing next gen a year later was well worked out no doubt within GTA5s development cycle and now they'll make many more millions for what is essentially the same game, just with more grass.

I see The Daily Mail have picked up on the first person prostitute moment, even calling it graphic scenes... yet she's fully clothed and you see nothing, unlike all the "older than her years" pictures of teenagers in bikinis scattered throughout that rag of a paper!
By skinnyman9000
This version of GTA looks very impressive, especially on the comparison video floating around. And remember that it was made for previous gen and porter over, so imagine the next one when its written specifically for next gen.

I wish they'd just release a zombie apocalypse dlc though, worked for red dead and the massive sprawling city makes it perfect. Get on it rockstar!
By Evostance
skinnyman9000 wrote:This version of GTA looks very impressive, especially on the comparison video floating around. And remember that it was made for previous gen and porter over, so imagine the next one when its written specifically for next gen.

I wish they'd just release a zombie apocalypse dlc though, worked for red dead and the massive sprawling city makes it perfect. Get on it rockstar!
Need to team up with AMC
By richd7
Would love to combine State of Decay with GTA 5. Age the world, scatter abandoned cars around and weapons, fill with undead. SoD was a great game for anyone after an open world zombie sim btw.
By dandemoraliser
NyseriA wrote:There's controversy over having sex with a prostitute, but not being a gangster and shooting people to death.

What a flip up world.
helping local economy throught he oldest profession in the world........or being a murderer.

whats wrong with these people??!!~???
By ben-111
skinnyman9000 wrote:This version of GTA looks very impressive, especially on the comparison video floating around. And remember that it was made for previous gen and porter over, so imagine the next one when its written specifically for next gen.

The zombie idea would be fantastic, would sell like crazy id expect
By danneth
richd7 wrote:
danneth wrote:
richd7 wrote:
danneth wrote:What was promised and was it all promised within the first year?
Okay maybe promised is the wrong word, but after previous generations updates we were expecting something great. I recall the step from Xbox to Xbox 360 and games like Dead Rising and Gears of War totally doing things that the previous gen could only dream of. There's been nothing like that and I do believe that this gen is nothing more than a slight graphical update more than an overall step forward. Happy to be proven wrong next year when Batman and Just Cause 3 hits though, but I'm waiting before I leave the old gen.
Even though I'd say the graphics are better than a "slight" upgrade, we can't judge the Gen on that just yet, look at the releases from the start of the PS3 gen compared to how they ended up, the developers have already said until year 2 onwards you won't see the full potential of the machines.

Graphics a side, you have other upgrades like the DS4, audio from the pad, touchpad which is now being used by the games, the audio upgrade from the console itself, the newer engines being used compared to last gen, the UI update, loading times of games / installs etc etc

I understand some won't make the jump yet but for me, a better looking / sounding game being played with a much improved pad was worth it.
I know from what I've seen of Batman Arkham Knight I reckon that could be the one to tempt me, add that to the next Uncharted and Just Cause 3 and come next year will be a good one. I just currently see it all a bit meh rather than must have. Come then, the question is, PS4 or X1... decisions decisions!
XB1 dropped their price so much it's hard to ignore now, have a look at the games to be released next year see which ones take your fancy more, rough lineups here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 015+lineup
By richd7
danneth wrote:XB1 dropped their price so much it's hard to ignore now, have a look at the games to be released next year see which ones take your fancy more, rough lineups here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 015+lineup
Definitely more stuff for PS4, especially Uncharted, but I do prefer the whole Xbox Live setup especially the achievements thing. I currently have both PS3 and X360 and only really use the PS3 for exclusives and bluray - I just never got into it as much as I did the 360. I've read someone else on here saying similar things about owning both a PS4 and X1. Still, got a good 6 months to decide I reckon.
By Magic-R
I'm really enjoying this, although the same game it's much better to play, more detail, more traffic and things going on around you.

First person mode, is good but takes a bit of getting used to when driving. It's a bit of a slow starter online, there are some connection issues. I had a few lobbies where it was just myself but other times there were a good number of people.

I transferred all my cars, money and property over. Which is good I guess but maybe it would have been better to start fresh and work up again. I seemed to be the only one driving around in a super car last night :lol: Making money seems a bit easier, I did a few jobs with other players, sold a few cars and made $150k in a short time.
By Magic-R
The thing is the xbox one pics don't actually look like xbox one, they look suspiciously 360. I will post a pic later from my One.
By danneth
Magic-R wrote:The thing is the xbox one pics don't actually look like xbox one, they look suspiciously 360. I will post a pic later from my One.
Was confirmed on DF and GAF as being XB1 if you go to the same areas and take a screenie will be same.
By richd7
A game as amazing as GTA5 that blew away the PS3/Xbox360 generation has been upgraded to the new gen and the most talked about thing is "which console shows the most grass"... hahahahaha - there are people out that are far too bothered about a game looks over how it plays - just play the damn game and enjoy it. I'm expecting a "I've counted all the grass in each version..." youtube video soon.

Either way, £300 for some grass is bleedin' expensive.
By danneth
richd7 wrote:A game as amazing as GTA5 that blew away the PS3/Xbox360 generation has been upgraded to the new gen and the most talked about thing is "which console shows the most grass"... hahahahaha - there are people out that are far too bothered about a game looks over how it plays - just play the damn game and enjoy it. I'm expecting a "I've counted all the grass in each version..." youtube video soon.

Either way, £300 for some grass is bleedin' expensive.
The most talked about is how good it actually looks, at the first person from what I've seen.

However, yes it has been discussed as to why the XB1 would be held back like it is on the foilage, to some it won't be important but it's an open world game and looking at the two side by side it's clear to see one is quite disappointing without any real reason as to why it was done like that
By richd7
Joking aside I am surprised that the X1 can't deliver the same as the PS4. I didn't think there was much between them.
By Magic-R
Danneth, you've been on this xbox one bashing bandwagon for well over a year now, nobody cares :lol:

Whilst you're spending time scouring the Internet for comparison pics and anything else that puts the xbox one down, we are all off actually just enjoying the games generally not giving a fuuuuuck.

The only thing that's annoying me with the game at the moment is that you still can't sell cars over $50k, I need to clear out some super cars to make space for some new ones.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]