The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Jules
http://www.rockstargames.com/

I wonder if they have pushed it forwards, i thought san andreas was better than GTA4. I hated using the main character, character design for the win!
By ben-111
i reckon they should go back to how they had vice city/san andreas

not sure what is was, however i just could not get into the one on ps3 for the life of me
By Jules
They tried to hard to make it 'realistic' so it lost all its fun.
By Mart
Nothing more than nostalgia of the old school view. Lets face it compared to what is offered now it's crap end of.
I got a bit bored of GTA. Compared with Saint's Row I didn't find it all that TBH.
By smartie
Mart wrote:I got a bit bored of GTA.
Mostly this, kind of tired with the format. This new one needs a shake up. :salut:
By I need VTEC
GTA4 did get a little carried away with itself imo, it became to movie like with its narrative and took itself too seriously.

Saints Row was more about arcade style fun, GTA4 was more about the human struggle, Niko's story, and stuff like that. The Ballad of Gay Tony did revive the craziness of the series, they added a tank and a shotgun that shoots grenades :lol:

I'm looking forward to GTA5, I wonder where it's set? Rumours that it will be VC again.
By ben-111
Will Definetly buy it, was beginning to think they were holding out for the next consoles

Wish getaway 3 was brought out though
By matt666
The radio stations were the best in San Andreas I think. Vice City has been the best of the series so far. Didn't much get into 4.
By richd7
There's rumours flying around that it's LA based again, so back to the world of San Andreas, which was the best of the bunch overall, but I will agree, Vice City had the best location, look and soundtrack.

Still Saints Row 3 is looking totally nuts. Especially loving Whored Mode, where you fight waves of whores and pimps.
By VTEC77
VC is the best of the series by a mile. I did love the map of SA though. Many an hour was wasted getting rediculous vehicles to the top of that huge Mountain! :lol: Even managed to get that little hovercraft to the top before jumping/hovering it over most of the 1st main island. Was epic :WOOT
By slamduncan
I thought GTA IV was a shadow of the previous games in terms of character involvement/environment and fun. Hopefully the next one will take a step back to the older games in terms of enjoyment and recapture what made the game so amazing in the first instance.
By VTEC77
:lol: :lol: :lol: :laughabove:
By berty182
This GTA5 will have to be good. I couldnt get in to GTA4 at all. Have got saints row 3 on order which looks the mutts nutts :-D
By brucelee11271940
berty182 wrote:This GTA5 will have to be good. I couldnt get in to GTA4 at all. Have got saints row 3 on order which looks the mutts nutts :-D
Same here :)
By Ryan1985
Vice City has got to be the best GTA ever. It had the best music and the best maps.
By skinnyman9000
What was the one set in the 80's? Where you could crash trains, fly planes, jump off the top of that massive hill with a parachute on.

Although by far the most fun was getting the FBI after you, then seeing how long you could last racing around the hills and fields on a quad bike

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]