The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Wilkeh
danneth wrote:
Mart wrote:
danneth wrote:no chance, best monitor ever for gaming iiyama vision master pro 454 :cool:
Sure it was 10 yrs ago.
Ive not really looked at monitors in yonks, but is there plenty out there that will run 150hz now?
Not 150hz no, but all the new 3D monitors run 120hz. That's plenty [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By danneth
Wilkeh wrote:
danneth wrote:
Mart wrote:
danneth wrote:no chance, best monitor ever for gaming iiyama vision master pro 454 :cool:
Sure it was 10 yrs ago.
Ive not really looked at monitors in yonks, but is there plenty out there that will run 150hz now?
Not 150hz no, but all the new 3D monitors run 120hz. That's plenty [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
i hope your not on about LCD with there awesome input lag.
By Wilkeh
danneth wrote:
Wilkeh wrote:
danneth wrote:
Mart wrote:
Sure it was 10 yrs ago.
i hope your not on about LCD with there awesome input lag.
Shit, sorry Heaton :lol:
By Wilkeh
danneth wrote:Come on, when it comes to gaming, CRT > LCD all day long
Oh I know, I completely agree. However, the LCD monitiors are getting better at it.
By Mart
danneth wrote:
Mart wrote:
Sure it was 10 yrs ago.
Supported modes and optimal modes are completely different though aren't they. For example the optimal refresh rate of your monitor everywhere I bothered to look is no where bloody near your claimed 150hz unless you play games in sh-t resolution. Given the option of gaining extra 30hz to run a game at 640x480 or use my own 2ms monitor in 1920x1080 at 120hz native and optimal mode... It's a no fu*king brainer to people that aren't warped by last centuries tech :lol:

There are how many million PC gamers out there? Quite simply if they were that good for gaming they would still be making them :wink:
By danneth
Mart wrote:
danneth wrote:
Mart wrote:
Sure it was 10 yrs ago.
Supported modes and optimal modes are completely different though aren't they. For example the optimal refresh rate of your monitor everywhere I bothered to look is no where bloody near your claimed 150hz unless you play games in sh-t resolution. Given the option of gaining extra hz to run a game at 640x480 or use my own 2ms monitor in 1920x1080 at 120hz... It's a no fu*king brainer to people that aren't warped by last centuries tech :lol:

There are how many million PC gamers out there? Quite simply if they were that good for gaming they would still be making them :wink:
As already stated i do play cs in 640 res, the game is best played in 640 or 800x600 which is what 99% of cs players would use, i take it you don't play the game but feel the need to comment?

the last point, pioneer made the best TV sets by a country mile, but you might have noticed they don't make them any longer either ;)
By Mart
So one game best played in a sh-t resolution = That monitor is the best gaming monitor ever. Pioneer don't make that TV because they sold the tech to Panasonic. WTF has that got to do with an ancient frankly shite monitor by todays standards?
99% of the CS community make up 1% of the gaming community that think 640x480 gets raped by 1920x1080. The most commonly used resolution for gaming.

I felt the need to comment on your wild remark that a 10yr monitor is the best ever made. As for me playing CS no not in recent years, but picking me up on it...
danneth wrote:actually thought about buying another PC the other day to make a comeback
Pot... Kettle.
By danneth
Mart wrote:So one game best played in a sh-t resolution = That monitor is the best gaming monitor ever. Pioneer don't make that TV because they sold the tech to Panasonic. WTF has that got to do with an ancient frankly shite monitor by todays standards?
99% of the CS community make up 1% of the gaming community that think 640x480 gets raped by 1920x1080. The most commonly used resolution for gaming.

I felt the need to comment on your wild remark that a 10yr monitor is the best ever made. As for me playing CS no not in recent years, but picking me up on it...
danneth wrote:actually thought about buying another PC the other day to make a comeback
Pot... Kettle.
Before you decided to get involved, gaming as in CS, as in as the title says, as in the only game i really played online.

The pioneer comment was in return to you thinking because it was the best at the time that it would just keep going, so why didn't pioneer keep going, why did they have to stop? and they did sell some tech to panasonic but that wasn't the reason was it.

cs players would rather use 640 or 800 res why? why aren't they bothered about the higher res where it will look slighty better.

I did pick you up on it, and i did say i was thinking about buying another PC to make a comeback, doesn't mean i wasn't playing it 3 days ago on the laptop, anything else i can do for you?
By Mart
So your grand comeback is after a whopping 3 days away.. Sure thing.
Pioneer sold the Kuro tech to Panasonic who went on to use that tech in future TV's and has absolutely nothing to do with your 10yr old greatest monitor comment because it's not is it.

Oh and can I just clear something up. This thread is not CS 1.6 where the best resolution is one from 20 years ago. Infact I reckon that this game, as per the actual thread title, will be designed around a resolution almost definitely best played at 1080p.
By danneth
Mart wrote:So your grand comeback is after a whopping 3 days away.. Sure thing.
Pioneer sold the Kuro tech to Panasonic who went on to use that tech in future TV's and has absolutely nothing to do with your 10yr old greatest monitor comment because it's not is it.

Oh and can I just clear something up. This thread is not CS 1.6 where the best resolution is one from 20 years ago. Infact I reckon that this game, as per the actual thread title, will be designed around a resolution almost definitely best played at 1080p.

There's a difference between playing abit of public and back into the leagues and travelling the country again.

Sorry you didn't actually say why pioneer didn't carry on with the TV's even though they were the best, and in your words, if they were so good why aren't they still making them?

They won't be running a new engine with the game, so if it's anything like source etc it will be the same looks better at high res plays better at lower res.
By smartie
10 years ago people didn't have the power of today. A truly high end PC will play things like Battlefield/COD on resolutions upwards of 1080p and possibly on multiple monitors. Doubt anyone would still be using such low resolutions.
By danneth
smartie wrote:10 years ago people didn't have the power of today. A truly high end PC will play things like Battlefield/COD on resolutions upwards of 1080p and possibly on multiple monitors. Doubt anyone would still be using such low resolutions.
Exactly. but for cs it was, low res, high hz, low ping all mattered the most imo
By Mart
danneth wrote:

There's a difference between playing abit of public and back into the leagues and travelling the country again.

Sorry you didn't actually say why pioneer didn't carry on with the TV's even though they were the best, and in your words, if they were so good why aren't they still making them?

They won't be running a new engine with the game, so if it's anything like source etc it will be the same looks better at high res plays better at lower res.
Listen I don't care if you were grand master champion it makes no odds that your monitor is sh-t, and no amount of mad ideas you can come up with to back yourself up will change it.
Lets see if the Kuro is any match for a TV in 10yrs time based on the fact that 10yrs ago your monitor might have been good, and that today it's just not.

I love that you have almost totally swapped to a Kuro argument because your argument that a 10yr old monitor is the greatest is so flawed it has more holes in it than Emmental cheese.
By danneth
Mart wrote:
danneth wrote:

Listen I don't care if you were grand master champion it makes no odds that your monitor is sh-t, and no amount of mad ideas you can come up with to back yourself up will change it.
Lets see if the Kuro is any match for a TV in 10yrs time based on the fact that 10yrs ago your monitor might have been good, and that today it's just not.
Sorry, are you trying to say the monitor is sh-t for CS, if so can you tell me why ? along with which monitor i should buy...

You still haven't told me why pioneer aren't making TV's still when they were the market leaders by a country mile, remember if they were that good why are they still making them?
By Mart
WTF goes on in your head? You say things that can be specifically quoted such as "no chance, best monitor ever for gaming" then make up things other people say. I never said it was sh-t at CS I said it was sh-t full stop. Actually I started quite simply with 10yrs ago, but you seem adamant to try and prove me wrong. Now in some really bad attempt to save face you are going on and on about Kuro which frankly has f**k all to do with what either of us said.
I think it's because you took time out to read about it in more depth than me. See I heard Panasonic bought their tech past that I don't actually care or need to know. It has absolutely no relevance to what I said.

Your monitor is rubbish and your claims it is the best ever is frankly the biggest load of shite I've ever heard. Actually argue with yourself on this one as you are the expert in both fields. The Kuro is better than your monitor.
By danneth
Mart wrote:WTF goes on in your head? You say things that can be specifically quoted such as "no chance, best monitor ever for gaming" then make up things other people say. I never said it was sh-t at CS I said it was sh-t full stop. Actually I started quite simply with 10yrs ago, but you seem adamant to try and prove me wrong. Now in some really bad attempt to save face you are going on and on about Kuro which frankly has f**k all to do with what either of us said.
I think it's because you took time out to read about it in more depth than me. See I heard Panasonic bought their tech past that I don't actually care or need to know. It has absolutely no relevance to what I said.

Your monitor is rubbish and your claims it is the best ever is frankly the biggest load of shite I've ever heard. Actually argue with yourself on this one as you are the expert in both fields. The Kuro is better than your monitor.
The pioneer was used as a example, you did say "if the monitor was so good why isn't it still being made", so i asked you why they aren't making TV's anymore if thats how your theory works? you do get this yes?

If it is so sh-t, i have asked what made it sh-t? ( please answer what makes it sh-t )

Also i asked which monitor should i buy for CS please. ( please answer which monitor to buy for CS )
By Mad-Dog
FML

Pioneer got out of the tv business due to cost. They are a pretty small company (In tv making terms) and couldn't offset the cost of producing the sets.
By Mart
danneth wrote:The pioneer was used as a example, you did say "if the monitor was so good why isn't it still being made", so i asked you why they aren't making TV's anymore if thats how your theory works? you do get this yes?
That's exactly how my theory works. What I want to know is why you think your 10yr old frankly ancient and shite technology monitor is a direct comparison to a 3yr old TV that is well known to be very good. Are you saying your monitor is to the gaming world now what a Kuro is to the TV world?
Many boffins think the Kuro is still class leading. Do these same boffins think that about your monitor?
Are you saying your monitor is no longer made for the same reasons Pioneer doesn't make TV's?
Does Iiyama or any other monitor company use the tech found in your POS like Panny do with the Kuro tech?
Please do tell me where the similarity lies with your monitor and Pioneer/Kuro.... See it seems to me that you're attempting (Badly btw) to try and be a smart arse that because you know more about Pioneer Kuro's that means my statement, that your monitor is shite, is wrong.
danneth wrote:If it is so sh-t, i have asked what made it sh-t? ( please answer what makes it sh-t )
Well you seem to think that your monitor is amazing because of its refresh rate. Only due to the fact it's above what monitors do now at a measly 680x480 which frankly you would be a moron to play modern games in that resolution. Infact not even modern just games from this century would be a good start.
I couldn't care less if your monitor has a 150hz refresh rate at this resolution. Does your monitor do 120hz at 1920x1080 like my modern one does for playing ALL games as opposed to one? Not that mine would particularly struggle with smart scaling on resolutions smaller than the native size. It would happily auto adjust the screen to 17" and play your amazing CS dominating resolution.
Do you think you would have some edge purely from the difference between 120hz and 150hz... :lol:
danneth wrote:Also i asked which monitor should i buy for CS please. ( please answer which monitor to buy for CS )
You own the best monitor ever you don't need to buy one.
I'm sure the very sight of this beast has modern monitor manufacturers quaking in their boots...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]