The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By danneth
Mart wrote:
danneth wrote:The pioneer was used as a example, you did say "if the monitor was so good why isn't it still being made", so i asked you why they aren't making TV's anymore if thats how your theory works? you do get this yes?
That's exactly how my theory works. What I want to know is why you think your 10yr old frankly ancient and shite technology monitor is a direct comparison to a 3yr old TV that is well known to be very good. Are you saying your monitor is to the gaming world now what a Kuro is to the TV world?
Many boffins think the Kuro is still class leading. Do these same boffins think that about your monitor?
Are you saying your monitor is no longer made for the same reasons Pioneer doesn't make TV's?
Does Iiyama or any other monitor company use the tech found in your POS like Panny do with the Kuro tech?
Please do tell me where the similarity lies with your monitor and Pioneer/Kuro.... See it seems to me that you're attempting (Badly btw) to try and be a smart arse that because you know more about Pioneer Kuro's that means my statement, that your monitor is shite, is wrong.
danneth wrote:If it is so sh-t, i have asked what made it sh-t? ( please answer what makes it sh-t )
Well you seem to think that your monitor is amazing because of its refresh rate. Only due to the fact it's above what monitors do now at a measly 680x480 which frankly you would be a moron to play modern games in that resolution. Infact not even modern just games from this century would be a good start.
I couldn't care less if your monitor has a 150hz refresh rate at this resolution. Does your monitor do 120hz at 1920x1080 like my modern one does for playing ALL games as opposed to one? Not that mine would particularly struggle with smart scaling on resolutions smaller than the native size. It would happily auto adjust the screen to 17" and play your amazing CS dominating resolution.
Do you think you would have some edge purely from the difference between 120hz and 150hz... :lol:
danneth wrote:Also i asked which monitor should i buy for CS please. ( please answer which monitor to buy for CS )
You own the best monitor ever you don't need to buy one.
I'm sure the very sight of this beast has modern monitor manufacturers quaking in their boots...

As ive already said i only play cs, you haven't answered why the monitor is sh-t for this yet?

You're telling me its sh-t and old, so if i do decide to get a new PC, which monitor should i be buying for CS in your opinion?
By Mart
Danneth you come out with some right sh-t. What did I quote you on to start with. Don't try and make out I said the monitor was sh-t at just CS because you can go back to page 1 and check.

Your monitor will play CS no better than mine, but my monitor will play every modern game miles better. Thus it's pretty safe to say your monitor is NOT the best EVER.

Every modern monitor out there will play CS just fine. Why you think your monitor has some kind of super edge on a modern one is the only thing that confuses me.
By Wilkeh
Mart wrote:Danneth you come out with some right sh-t. What did I quote you on to start with. Don't try and make out I said the monitor was sh-t at just CS because you can go back to page 1 and check.

Your monitor will play CS no better than mine, but my monitor will play every modern game miles better. Thus it's pretty safe to say your monitor is NOT the best EVER.

Every modern monitor out there will play CS just fine. Why you think your monitor has some kind of super edge on a modern one is the only thing that confuses me.
Sorry mate but Danneth's monitor will play CS better than any modern monitor out at the moment. It's true I'm affraid. I agree with your arguments with regards to modern games though [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Mart
BenQ EW2420 is meant to be a really good monitor and only around £160.
I took a bit of a punt on mine as it only came out at Christmas so no real reviews existed for it.
By Wilkeh
Mart wrote:Because?
http://shop.benq.co.uk/store/benqeu/en_ ... .238020900

There is my monitor. Co produced by Counterstrike geeks. They didn't opt for CRT...
There's plenty of reasons they didn't opt in for a CRT, mainly because they look so shit. You need to remember that many LAN's are BYOC, it really isn't efficient to be luggin' around a big CRT. Ask any of those pros which monitor they would prefer to play a CPL final game on, I'm pretty sure not 1 of them would choose the BenQ.

I'm not arguing with you at all by the way mate, it's just how it is [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Mart
Considering the amount of money professionals can earn I'm sure if it made that much difference they wouldn't give a flying about the size.
They would be carrying it on their trolley. It's not like gaming cases are small or light. Mine weighs a ton.
By Wilkeh
I have taken all of your opinions on board and I think we should agree to disagree [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Wilkeh
You need to be given a key mate. I got mine from the owner of thesgl. He was given 50 at a computer conference or something like that. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By trancem
Wilkeh wrote:You need to be given a key. I got mine from the owner of thesgl. He was given 50 at a computer conference or something like that.
What do you think of it mate?
By Wilkeh
trancem wrote:
Wilkeh wrote:You need to be given a key. I got mine from the owner of thesgl. He was given 50 at a computer conference or something like that.
It's definitely better than Source, but still nowhere near as good as 1.6. They've still got plenty to do with it though. If I manage to get my hands on another key mate I'll send it your way :bigthumb:
By trancem
Wilkeh wrote:
trancem wrote:
It's definitely better than Source, but still nowhere near as good as 1.6. They've still got plenty to do with it though. If I manage to get my hands on another key mate I'll send it your way :bigthumb:
ta matey, I've actually got one waiting. one of the lads got one for me from somewhere, but me working 50 hours this week, I havent had a chance to go on.

Tomorrow hopefully. You dont need a top spec PC to run it do you? :lol:
By Wilkeh
trancem wrote:
Wilkeh wrote:
trancem wrote:
ta matey, I've actually got one waiting. one of the lads got one for me from somewhere, but me working 50 hours this week, I havent had a chance to go on.

Tomorrow hopefully. You dont need a top spec PC to run it do you? :lol:
Mine runs it fine mate and I haven't really got amazing specs myself. My graphics card is an Radeon HD5750.
By trancem
Right guys, planning on going keen on CS again for the lulz :lol:

Need a monitor, has to be 100Hz minimum. Also, will need to be future proof so I can keep it for a good 5 years!

I've seen the one you mentioned above Mart, whats the difference between the BenQ XL2410T & the BenQ XL2420T?

http://www.cclonline.com/product/44350/ ... r/MON2863/
http://www.cclonline.com/product/68191/ ... r/MON0593/

Or will these monitors be overkill? Considering majority of use will be for CS. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks
By Mart
Visually a few bits. Different stand, the screens frame setup is different.
Technically the 2410T is the model that come out a couple of years ago the 2420T came out a few months ago. I'm surprised at the rather small price difference as the 2420T is meant to be a lot better.

For old school CS it probably is overkill, but it does tick all the boxes.

The Asus PA238Q is meant to be a quality monitor and it's a IPS one instead of the typical TN. It's not 100hz though (75hz). 100hz+ monitors seem to fetch good money which I suppose with something like CS might help, but you need a killer gfx card to make the most of out it with modern games and V-Sync on which locks your max FPS to whatever your monitors refresh rate is. My PC couldn't run Crysis 2 at max settings anywhere near 120fps. It's usually around 40fps
By trancem
I reckon I should just splash out and get that, at least it will serve me well should I want to play any new games on the PC (albeit I'll need to update my system!)

Thanks mate

My get an SSD while I'm there

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]