The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Magnificent_one
mjhamilton wrote:A phone is poorly designed if it can be damaged so easily

Fact
Does this work for a car as well? A car gets damaged pretty easy, is it a design flaw?
Same for a watch.
It's all about how you treat your stuff imo. (still have a 4S in nearly new condition without a case if that matters)
By Lewisgame
Magnificent_one wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:A phone is poorly designed if it can be damaged so easily

Fact
Does this work for a car as well? A car gets damaged pretty easy, is it a design flaw?
Same for a watch.
It's all about how you treat your stuff imo. (still have a 4S in nearly new condition without a case if that matters)
Considering the punishment parts of a car goes through, it's very durable.
You'd be pissed if every time you hit a pot hole it buckles a wheel or breaks the suspension. Obviously vehicle speed and size of the pot hole plays into this. But so does dropping your phone from waist height and from the top of a skyscraper.
Difference is if you drop an iPhone at a small height it'll fall to pieces. When you'd expect it to be able to cope. Same as if you hit a small pot hole at a slow speed you don't expect the wheel to fall off
By Aid1987
Anyone know of a good tariff for the 6+?

I've been with O2 for years and would consider changing if need be. Only had one iphone (5) and I'd like to stick with them for the time being.
By EvoStu
Aid1987 wrote:Anyone know of a good tariff for the 6+?

I've been with O2 for years and would consider changing if need be. Only had one iphone (5) and I'd like to stick with them for the time being.
3 Network. All you can eat data and sms, 200 mins voice for £15.00 with free 4G.
By smartie
m1ke wrote:^ That's a cracking deal. What's coverage like though?
Improving, still often not that quick on 4G though. (Plenty for mobile mind)

3G speeds sometimes poor too.
Last edited by smartie on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:

When I'm in a 4G area, the speeds are pretty amazing, although to be fair I'm still yet to see the point of 4G for what the majority of people use a mobile for.

I don't have anywhere near the drop outs I had with EE either. :bigthumb: Plus free roaming in 15 countries so far including the US is a bonus.
By smartie
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:

When I'm in a 4G area, the speeds are pretty amazing, although to be fair I'm still yet to see the point of 4G for what the majority of people use a mobile for.

I don't have anywhere near the drop outs I had with EE either. :bigthumb: Plus free roaming in 15 countries so far including the US is a bonus.
Max I have had is about 22meg I think. Which is plenty really. Just not up there with other providers speeds.
By uknowiama
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:

Thats the deal I'm on, but also get 4GB of tethering and 300 3 to 3 minutes.

To be honest, havent really used 4G much. But when I have its quick, but used to get similar speeds on 3G with hspda-dc connection.

The free use of data, calls and texts abroad is really useful.
By EvoStu
uknowiama wrote:The free use of data, calls and texts abroad is really useful.
Have just used this in the US and it worked flawlessly. Only issue was that I quickly figured out how they manage to offer it, they throttle the speeds when roaming massively.

Don't expect to be able to get even 3G speeds when roaming in the at home areas. Still useful for browsing the internet though and using FB and Twitter. :bigthumb:
By Evostance
EvoStu wrote:
uknowiama wrote:The free use of data, calls and texts abroad is really useful.
Have just used this in the US and it worked flawlessly. Only issue was that I quickly figured out how they manage to offer it, they throttle the speeds when roaming massively.

Don't expect to be able to get even 3G speeds when roaming in the at home areas. Still useful for browsing the internet though and using FB and Twitter. :bigthumb:
I used Skype and Hangouts to my family back at home in the states. Picture quality was crisp as it is in the UK, and family reported no issues either.

I imagine what they throttle is data from certain services, mainly media. If I recall, I was getting around 4-7mbps down at my hotel, didn't do any tests whilst in the parks.

Let's be honest though, it's designed for holiday or business users who aren't really going to be sat there streaming media all day.

Add me to the list of bring massively impressed. One of the reasons I'm reluctant to leave three, despite having no signal at my house and their WiFi app being crap for calls
By Omni
Omni wrote:Pfft, Microsoft, who are they
EvoStu wrote:
Omni wrote:Oh well if you can provide your OWN 3G card then one thousand dollars is a bargain, not like that rip off iPad that only has one built in for less :bad-words:
Did you actually read what I put? The target market for the Pro is not the home consumer market.

I know that some large corporates have been offered them at half the rrp. Now THAT'S a bargain.

You're trying to pick holes in something that isn't there mate. This will be the king of the corporate users and will slay anything else on the market.

How's this panning out? :wink:
Any update on this?
By EvoStu
Quite well..........I think.

I'll be buying one this year. I've finally fallen out of love with my iPad, far too many crashes since the iOS updates. :bigcry:
By NyseriA
TimEP3 wrote:I've had every iPhone since their inception, and dropped them all at one stage or another - accidents happen. None have ever fallen to pieces.
Not dropped the six yet but the 4 and 5 went through 18 months and 24 months of abuse without cases in my body armour and whilst scratched, were perfectly fine.

5 only broke when I knelt on it on the bed; no (modern)(smart)phone would withstand that :lol:
By MarkX
So, how long after the release of the 6s variants will it take before we hear of "screen gate"?

There's bound to be a few muppets shove their finger through the glass whilst using 3d touch!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]