The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Sedge
I'm sure many people on here have heard of this and a few have played it, anyone play on a regular basis?

I have started to play over the last week and I am slightly adicted to it.

If you havn't heard of it look here: http://www.minecraft.net
There is a good first tutorial here
Look on the authors page for more useful videos.
And the wiki here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net

A few screenshots:

Sedge
By munkymatt
I haven't played it since the last update. I got totally addicted to it last year though. For a game with no real objective other than to survive and create things it is stupidly addictive. I don't have the time to play it at the moment but I will get back into it.

I bought it when is was in alpha so get all updates for free including the final release :)
By Sedge
I know, there is so little point but I HAVE TO KEEP DIGGING!!

I paid €15 for it and should get all of that too, not a bad price as we can use it simultaneously on two machines with one account.

I am looking to get a small server going for me and the other half so I will likely set it up for external access if anyone is interested... no fooking up my castles!

Sedge
By munkymatt
I think you can play a basic version of it for free on there website. Just give it a bash. You'll either love it or just think its pointless!
By Genga
A small image of my friend's creation

Yes, he's made a football stadium :roll:
By smartie
What IS the point? is there one? What happens once you have built something?

It looks shite but apparently the creators are now multi millionaires and coining it in. :smile:
By Sedge
That's some good shite Genga :thumbup:

They sell 10k+ copies a day at €15 a time... not bad if you ask me!
Sedge
By Genga
Sedge wrote:That's some good shite Genga :thumbup:

They sell 10k+ copies a day at €15 a time... not bad if you ask me!
Sedge
That was made by 2 friends, John and Chris, John done pretty much 85% of it (after telling Chris not to join the server for 24 hours, he had a "surprise", they started the grounds)

They edge me to buy it every time I'm in the pub with them. John has some thing on his ipad to check his server whenever he goes on. I honestly cannot see the purpose in it, but for you lot, I'll ask him for more pics of his creations if you want to see them?

(For the record, John spends too much time on anything, he modded Max Payne 2 (PC) out to the max and was apparently one of the best modders for the game. Guy seriously has no life, getting him out to the pub is an achievement)
By smartie
Boy loves it, have had a go with him, its really pants. Cant see why anyone over 12 plays it. :lol:
By Sedge
:bad-words:
I still prefer the PC version but the console versions seems easier to play on/off.

Depends what mode he plays? Survival or creative? Huge buildings in creative are fun. The challenge to make something in survival is what keeps me going. I tend to have one map and keep going until it's all mine but that will prove hard on the XbOne as the maps are bigger :-/
By m1ke
I played it for an hour with my boy the other day, it gave me a headache.
By Sedge
Get s sword and go hack some mobs. Not so shooty shooty but still fun :wink:
By NyseriA
smartie wrote:Boy loves it, have had a go with him, its really pants. Cant see why anyone over 12 plays it. :lol:
I play it WITH my lads and it was pretty decent fun building sh-t on my own back in the day, but once you've done stuff once...

I did enjoy trying to sort out redstone stuff, it's pretty technical and stuff. Made a cool elevator :lol:
By Sedge
I guess you are PC?

I used to play on the TRO server... :???: :lol: I seemed to ALWAYS be the first to be accused if something was griefed!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]