The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
Now I'm not a massive fan of how Google dominates everything, knows loads about you and generally owns the internet...

... BUT! What they and their partners have done with Android is absolutely fantastic, not just because its all open source and will give geeks that warm feeling, but it's also a pretty fantastic software stack.

Once the hardware manufacturers come up with the goods, phones running Android will be leaps and bounds above the iPhone, without all the fanboy hype. Not to mention out of the box support for 3G and all the other things Apple didn't really care about, along with FULL 3rd party application support.

:cool: :thumbup:
anyone4apint wrote:Its still just a phone. I actually want the good old days back where a phone was there to make calls and send text messages, had a battry that lasted weeks between charges and never crashed.
Ah the memories!! (can't find a picture of a suitably chunky panasonic / cellnet handset)

^^^

I had one of those for years, I have to agree about it's greatness, but the best was the 6230i :wink:

also, I have had full interweb access, including this place, google etc, for about 4 years now, so what am I missing with all the recent fuss about the net being mobile now? :scratch:
By Sedge
Just been on to T-Mobile about the above. I have a pre-pre-order on the handset.
If you want one call them on 26.03.2010 to upgrade.
My deal...
Phone = Free
Contract = £30pcm
Term = 18m
Texts = Unlimted
Interwebs = Unlimited
Calls = 1200 mins

I have a second handset on the account, so this helps get the price a little lower :-)
Sedge
By andyd
Sim Free Black.

http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx ... E78D3A1E79

Sim Free White

http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx ... D876621B7C

Mines on pre order by Sony Ericsson direct also the UK & EU verisons should come with the SE MW600 Bluetooth headset :cooldude:

http://www.se-store.co.uk/index.cfm?obj ... 49F0C159B9

Droiddog Unboxing and Hands on.

Last edited by andyd on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By andyd
EvoStu wrote:You must be mental buying the sim free version when its free on contract! :lol:

Love that Android pic though. :salut:
Not really, I can sell the iPhone on eBay for about 90% of the cost of the X10 and i don't mind paying the little bit extra for a phone that works.

:salut:
By Sedge
Ok T-Mobile can now pre-order this phone over the phone ready for release day.

The deal I ended up with was this
HTC Desire = Free
Contract Term = 24 months
Contact Cost = £20pcm
Texts = Unlimited
Internet = Unlimited
Minutes = 300

I don't need loads of minutes, so it was silly having them. The gent dropped the minutes, saving a fiver a month then dropped a further fiver to increase to 24 months (the same as what O2 offer).
I don't think that's a bad deal, so please feel free to use me as a benchmark if you want something similar, PM for details.
Sedge
By EvoStu
I'm going to stick with Orange now I think after O2 removed their 4:1 text rule for when abroad. :bad-words:

Only want an 18 month contract as well.
By Sedge
I know about O2 :bad-words: The GF had a rather large bill recently because she did not know that had gone :evil: Managed to get most of it back following a few emails :lol: :lol: Told them to refund the bill or she leaves, if they refund she will sign up to another 18 months :lol: :lol:
I did want 18 month, but at 20 quid i'm not going to complain too much, and after 18 months I think I can drop down onto a SIM only deal for the remaining months, saving a little more. Or just buy a handset and have the next year or so on SIM only, either way free Desire makes me happy :twisted:
T-Mobile makes sense for me at home too, there is a mast 150 meters away so I get good signal for tethering the phone to a machine.
You still looking for a Desire?
Sedge

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]