The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Sedge
If anyone wants a cheap tablet then Asda have the 2013 N7 16 Gb for £79 (in store only).
Argos seem to be the next best with the same unit for £99 and the 32 Gb for £129.
By Adey
billster » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 am wrote:Gone back to the Z3 compact. Just been brutal and got rid of a load of apps to free up some space. I just can't be trusted with a phone that size! :-( May sell it and get the z5 compact when that comes out..
You shouldn't lose anything on it.

What was it like to use.
By jtc
I've ordered a 1+2 ... been really happy with my 1+1 so figured I'd use the invite that dropped in. I like the idea of going back to a hardware button for silent/do-not-disturb and an improved camera. Dual sim will be handy for travelling too. If anyone wants a used but great condition 64gb 1+1 let me know :)
By Adey
jtc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:30 am wrote:I've ordered a 1+2 ... been really happy with my 1+1 so figured I'd use the invite that dropped in. I like the idea of going back to a hardware button for silent/do-not-disturb and an improved camera. Dual sim will be handy for travelling too. If anyone wants a used but great condition 64gb 1+1 let me know :)
I got tempted with an invite too. Although I mucked up the checkout process & can't seem to use my invite now. I do use NFC every day but only for changing profiles at bedtime/daytime so figured I'd give the OP2 a go anyway.

The OPO still go for very good money on eBay. Good used ones seem to be going for upwards of £175!!
By jtc
Adey » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm wrote:
jtc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:30 am wrote:I've ordered a 1+2 ... been really happy with my 1+1 so figured I'd use the invite that dropped in. I like the idea of going back to a hardware button for silent/do-not-disturb and an improved camera. Dual sim will be handy for travelling too. If anyone wants a used but great condition 64gb 1+1 let me know :)
I got tempted with an invite too. Although I mucked up the checkout process & can't seem to use my invite now. I do use NFC every day but only for changing profiles at bedtime/daytime so figured I'd give the OP2 a go anyway.

The OPO still go for very good money on eBay. Good used ones seem to be going for upwards of £175!!
I don't ever want to tie my actual money to my phone, so NFC was only ever useful for me to change profiles - which you can now do with an actual switch. Yep seen ebay prices! Might offer it on here/other forums for £150 see if I get any takers. I don't trust ebay.
Adey wrote:
billster » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 am wrote:Gone back to the Z3 compact. Just been brutal and got rid of a load of apps to free up some space. I just can't be trusted with a phone that size! :-( May sell it and get the z5 compact when that comes out..
You shouldn't lose anything on it.

What was it like to use.
TBH it was really nice to use- camera was good, generally was very smooth and super-fast. I never really delved into the menus to see how customisable the OS is, but I guess that's similar to the OPO.
By Adey
Did you order any back covers?
By jtc
Adey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:46 am wrote:
Yep, the kevlar one. Coming from the 1 I wanted something a bit different this time.
By Adey
jtc » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:13 am wrote:
Adey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:46 am wrote:
Yep, the kevlar one. Coming from the 1 I wanted something a bit different this time.
Has yours arrived yet? Mine went from "pending shipment" to "processing" this morning. The forums seem to say I still have at least a week before I get it :-(
By jtc
OPT has arrived. Impressive device! I've decided it's not for me though, so a friend is having it. The new sandstone back cover is a bit rough, glad I ordered a "kevlar" replacement. The screen is noticeably higher quality than the OPO and it overall does feel a bit more "premium", but at the cost of being noticeably weightier too.
By Adey
Mine has just arrived at Exeter depot so don't think it will be it out for delivery today.

Saw a mate on Friday who I was telling about my order of the OP2. He then got an invite Monday, ordered Tuesday and received it yesterday :evil:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]