The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
If i was a car theive and perticularly liked Type R's I would join the CTR forum get to know what CTR's about and where even lovely pics have been posted up for me or inside and out of what there is available.. remember if you ever sold anything then someone probably asked you where you lived so they can easily see at least the town you live in and just keep an eye out for you and now you have given them even more information about how you keep your keys or where you keep them or the fact that you have a dog or are getting one.... c'mon thieves aren't stupid as much as we like to believe and having a section where we all advertise when our cars have been nicked and the progress on them the theives just have a handy internet update of how things are going with the tracking of your lovely CTR they just nicked and you helped them in doing so lol :-D

Also with doing projects or buying 2nd hand stuff of here then you have probably said that you are going to be at work between such and such time and so you can be available to collect your lovely new KPRO or Toda Header in which basically you have just explained when you are going to be at home or there is a good chance you will be at home

Well just a thought anyway :wink:
By mat
if they have gone to that much trouble to take my car... and somehow managed to get around the very good alarm.

they are welcome to it...

i've got insurance...

mat.
ps. i now keep my spare keys at work, good luck taking them.
:thumbup:
By R155
having heard some bad stuff about armed gangs robbing houses for keys, if they want them take it

its insured and your alive

buy another its safer

other than that safe in the garage out the way !! dig a hole in the garden maybe ??
By GazEP3
My mates Turbo'd EP3 was taken then other night there. They broke in and took the keys for the Civic and his Eclipse, however only took the civic. Fortunately thanks to a member on one of our NI forums saw the car sitting just off Tates Avenue in Belfast, the police were contacted and the car returned to its owner with only the head unit missing! Apparently they rang Stevie looking 2 grand for the car lol there was no way they could've sold off the parts for this car though without getting caught, all top stuff! This is why I take the keys upstairs every night
Last edited by GazEP3 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GazEP3 wrote:My mates Turbo'd EP3 was taken then other night there. They broke in and took the keys for the Civic and his Eclipse, however only took the civic. Fortunately thanks to a member on one of our NI forums saw the car sitting just off Tates Avenue in Belfast, the police were contacted and the car returned to its owner with only the head unity missing! Apparently they rang Stevie looking 2 grand for the car lol there was no way they could've sold off the parts for this car though without getting caught, all top stuff! This is why I take the keys upstairs every night

Friend of mine did this, he let the dog out of the garage side door (can access via the house) burglar hid in The garage, mate called his dog back in went upto bed, thieves looked around for they keys, no luck, went up stairs stood at the end of the bed and just said "keys" mate says they are downstairs, reply-we've already looked (pulling a knife out) in the end he handed over the key which were in his top drawer. End of the day is it worth your life as people do anything these days.
I can understand people not liking the idea of confrontation so leaving the keys visable by the door but if your going to do that you may aswell leave the keys outside the door where they can be seen!

This might just be my view but if anyone breaks into my house to get my car keys then anything I do to them is fair game, bring it on!
Superman001 wrote:I can understand people not liking the idea of confrontation so leaving the keys visable by the door but if your going to do that you may aswell leave the keys outside the door where they can be seen!

This might just be my view but if anyone breaks into my house to get my car keys then anything I do to them is fair game, bring it on!

Works well if you catch them, not so well when they wake you up with a knife to your throat......
Talking to a work colleague and was told a pretty scary story. His friend had a new Ducatti 916, he woke up in the morning and when getting out of bed found a house brick next to his bed. Didn't have a clue how it got there and was a good 2 hours later he discovered the motorbike had gone.
Called the Police and while filling in the paperwork they concluded that someone must have been stood over him with the brick while another thief searched the house for the keys, if he woke up *WHACK*.

Think i'll be leaving my keys downstairs, out of sight of the windows but easy to find should someone break in.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]