The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By berty182
Well it's something i would never have thought would happen to myself especially living in such a small quiet town where the only kinda news you get in the local paper is something like 'Tin of baked beans stolen from shop'

Last night my car was stolen, about 9.15pm me and the misses were lying in bed watching tv, had the window wide open as it was really warm in the room, we heard an alarm go off for about three seconds but thought nothing of it then heard and engine start which sounded like mine but still thought nothing of it, the revving got louder and i thought it sounded really close to the house, looked out the window and off the flip went! I couldn't believe me eyes! I instantly phoned the police who were brilliant, they managed to catch him 50 minutes after stealing my car using stingers, he did try running off but they caught him! Car has been recovered to a garage where the damage is only two punctured tyres from the stingers. I'm still a bit confused as to how it happened, the police said there was a key in the ignition which looked old. I only bought the car 3 months ago with only one key as the owner 'didn't know where the other key was'.

The whole time i wasn't fussed about my car, just wanted the git caught!

My car is advertised for sale on ebay and pistonheads as i need to sell it to free up money for a mortgage.

Heads up really to anyone selling your car private!
By 15repyt
Sorry to hear that mate at least no one know was hurt! Hmmm sounds a bit suspect maybe the previous owner sold the key on?
By Kieran_CTR
Sorry to hear mate! I don't like leaving my car outside & is always garaged as I can't sleep! At least they caught the fcuker but it sounds very dodgey that he had a key & sounds to me the previous owner kept a key & sold it maybe! Other thing that's doesn't weigh up... Why would u do it at 9:15 at night when most people are awake & is daylight still p! Surely u would do it at early hours!!
By berty182
Thanks Guys

Well i have since found out the area of the person who stole the car, having checked receipts in the book someone has owned it in the past from the same area! So could well be a previous owners or sold the key on.

The guy who stole the car has been charged but released on bail, the driver of the car that brought him has been released with no charges as he told the police that he didn't know his mate was nicking the car, he told him he was buying it...... a load of wotsit! But as the police can't prove otherwise that's how it goes

Still don't know much as to why, how etc as the person who stole the car is saying 'no comment' to all questions
By 15repyt
Not that it's much use to you now but, when I bought my car it only with one key and fob so I took it to Honda and bought a spare and got them to remove all other keys and fobs from the ecu.

The ecu can hold quite a few key and fob codes so they say.
By berty182
Thats handy to know, will definitely keep that in mind for future purchases. Got the car back yesterday, cost me £486!! It's a joke, i had my car stolen and I'm the one who has to folk out the money

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]