The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By fuelagain?
limited edition wrote:sorry to hear about that.....get a large dog maybe?

which piece of kit are you talking about that texts to your phone if the car is hijacked??
Hiya, its a South African company called Knightwatch. They have lots of accredited installers in this country and a website with the importers name and contact details. This system I have is called Autocate 800 which is a SIM card based unit that enables communication between yourself and your car via text. There is a hidden switch in the car and if this is not switched off and the ignition is turned then I get a text, as does upto 6 allocated people of my choice, to cover networks down and flat mobile batteries etc. I can then text the car via codes to cut the fuel pump via the added anti hijack part of the kit. Even if I dont text the car , it will sound its siren after 30 seconds and then 30 seconds later cut the fuel itself. It cost £500 fitted but have seen the same kit advertised in London for £450 fitted. My mates say I am paranoid, but I sleep better knowing even if the car was taken I would be notified and have it back within 10 minutes!
By [email protected]
Clifford Callguard 2

* Remote activation of an immobiliser circuit. (fuel pump)
* Tracking capability via online sites
* Remote activation of outputs. Ideal for lock/unlock/horn or siren activation.
* Pager system which receives tamper warnings from your alarm system.

All commands are sent via SMS text messages.

Great bit of kit and it's cheaper than an Autocate.
By dbc243
i was quoted 250 fitted for this kit, they also do a version cheaper that only texts you and is not two way.
By dTEA
mbasford wrote: PS I do think the police should be allowed to name and shame these people, Im sure they'ed soon think twice. A nice web site with a list of stolen cars, Make model and plate. + plus known car thiefs mug shot site.

Def a good idea, cos then you could make sure if you saw them kicking around then you could be on guard but most guys are doing the whole steal to order and VIN plate changing/cloning stuff with em rather than just abusing them. Seriously organised guys. I sleep with a crowbar by the bed :mrgreen:

Anyway, you live in Birmingham which notorious for car theft, i wouldn't park a shopping trolley round the city centre without being fearful!!! :lol:
By Shox
I sent a PM to the mods telling them i would do a deal on tracker installs but thay have ignored me :vconf:

If any of you are intrested in the south east then send me a PM and i will sort you out. :thumbup:
By [email protected]
[email protected] wrote:Clifford Callguard 2

* Remote activation of an immobiliser circuit. (fuel pump)
* Tracking capability via online sites
* Remote activation of outputs. Ideal for lock/unlock/horn or siren activation.
* Pager system which receives tamper warnings from your alarm system.

All commands are sent via SMS text messages.

Great bit of kit and it's cheaper than an Autocate.

Callguard 2.1 now available with built in GPS.

You send it a text and it sends you back its gps location which can be entered into any mapping software... Google maps, multimap etc....
By markhonda123
get the clifford alarm 650 or the adventguard 5.5 they are the best systems ever and a one of completely unique system nothing can beat them as long as they are installed correctly i would not do it your self dont even attempt it, and have the blackjax programmed then you will never have to worry again about either ya keys or car bein stolen etc, i could not be with out mine now, its the best buy far!!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]