The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By honky
IV GOT THE TOAD AI606 WITH PAGER SYSTEM AND PROX SENSORS AS EXTRAS

SEEMS 2 BE VERRY GOOD!!,PAGER ALERTS ME NOT JUST WHEN IT BELLS BUT IF THE OUTSIDE PROX SENSORS R CONTINUOUSLY SENDING WARNINGS SO IT HELPS PREVENT anyone GETTIN ATALL.

AND WAS REASNABLE PRICE.

ALSO HAVE TRACKER MONITOR
By iainp999
caucasian wrote:IV GOT THE TOAD AI606 WITH PAGER SYSTEM AND PROX SENSORS AS EXTRAS

SEEMS 2 BE VERRY GOOD!!,PAGER ALERTS ME NOT JUST WHEN IT BELLS BUT IF THE OUTSIDE PROX SENSORS R CONTINUOUSLY SENDING WARNINGS SO IT HELPS PREVENT anyone GETTIN ATALL.

AND WAS REASNABLE PRICE.

ALSO HAVE TRACKER MONITOR
:shock: NO-ONE'S GETTING YOUR CAR MATE!!!

did you hear that? :lol:
By acemace021
:D recently bought my CTR about three weeks ago, was going frame my recipet as i payed cold hard cash that day £15000, regreted it until i got in the car, and drove the cheeky little monkey. aint looked back since i've already clocked 1100 miles on it i cringe everytime i look at speedo, but hey i bought it to use it, as for security im goona fork out for a disclock. we all new what we were getting into when we bought it, a good Flipping ride, brown pants on occassions, a nervous gut renching feeling everytime we leave it :cry:
By gordy 1769
acemace021 wrote::D recently bought my CTR about three weeks ago, was going frame my recipet as i payed cold hard cash that day £15000, regreted it until i got in the car, and drove the cheeky little monkey. aint looked back since i've already clocked 1100 miles on it i cringe everytime i look at speedo, but hey i bought it to use it, as for security im goona fork out for a disclock. we all new what we were getting into when we bought it, a good Flipping ride, brown pants on occassions, a nervous gut renching feeling everytime we leave it :cry:
you not wrong there mate :thumbup: got my disklock of e bay brand new for £35 better than paying the £70 to £80 halfords want :wink: you need the small disclock for the ctr :wink:
By davith
As a serving traffic cop with a type R, I have a disclock and Tracker fitted to mine. Experience shows that 99% of decent new cars are being stolen with the keys as the thieves are no longer able to get round the immobilisers. Therefore best protection for your car is looking after your keys, whether at home or out and about. If you are unlucky enough to have the keys taken and lose your car, the Tracker will get your car back virtually every time, and incredibly quickly. The thieves in the West Mids tend to steal the performance cars overnight by stealing the keys from houses, but then park the car up for 24 hours to see if the police recover it due to the Tracker. If they don't, the owner rarely sees the car again. Hope this helps.
By gordy 1769
davith wrote:As a serving traffic cop with a type R, I have a disclock and Tracker fitted to mine. Experience shows that 99% of decent new cars are being stolen with the keys as the thieves are no longer able to get round the immobilisers. Therefore best protection for your car is looking after your keys, whether at home or out and about. If you are unlucky enough to have the keys taken and lose your car, the Tracker will get your car back virtually every time, and incredibly quickly. The thieves in the West Mids tend to steal the performance cars overnight by stealing the keys from houses, but then park the car up for 24 hours to see if the police recover it due to the Tracker. If they don't, the owner rarely sees the car again. Hope this helps.
good advice matey :wink:
By karlito
So wheres the best placre to get trackers from, i live in the bedfordshire area. Whats the best type to get, live or on request, as i believe with the live type u have to pay a monthly fee???
By EvoStu
karlito wrote:So wheres the best placre to get trackers from, i live in the bedfordshire area. Whats the best type to get, live or on request, as i believe with the live type u have to pay a monthly fee???
Maybe you should check the tracker website?

http://www.tracker.co.uk/home/SVR/Dealers

EvoStu.
By Larder
davith wrote:As a serving traffic cop with a type R, I have a disclock and Tracker fitted to mine. Experience shows that 99% of decent new cars are being stolen with the keys as the thieves are no longer able to get round the immobilisers. Therefore best protection for your car is looking after your keys, whether at home or out and about. If you are unlucky enough to have the keys taken and lose your car, the Tracker will get your car back virtually every time, and incredibly quickly. The thieves in the West Mids tend to steal the performance cars overnight by stealing the keys from houses, but then park the car up for 24 hours to see if the police recover it due to the Tracker. If they don't, the owner rarely sees the car again. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the Info davith I have been wondering weather to go for the Tracker or not , you have just made up my mind I will invest in the disk lock as well. ware did you get yours from?
By Dinibird
Hubby and I picked our 54 plate black CTR on Saturday, and are both well chuffed. Were hardly at home all weekend!
We were really nervous leaving it at the train station car park this morning though. Took us ages to decide where to park it. The spaces are soooo small, so denting the doors is inevitable, and need to make sure it is visible to passers by to reduce the threat of break ins. ....
To be honest, I'm paranoid, but also quite fatalistic about theft.
I once had a Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet J reg, in top condition. A very rare car. This was left on my drive and promptly stolen. This is despite 2 immobilisers, and an alarm that was linked up to 4 hooters from a Bentley. The police said that it would have been stolen to order, and winched by hand onto the back of a trailer - hence the alarm didn't go off (it was a internal motion sensor).
They didn't come in the house and nick the keys. All for a £6K car!! If the theives want it, they'll get it. The fact my NCB went down to 0 and I lost my excess, and about £1K of the price of the car (insurance co's never give you what the cars really worth) means I lost a lot of money which is more annoying in a way than the fact the car is nicked. It's all the hastle afterwards and how difficult is it to get insured on the same kind of car afterwards. I had to downsize to a 1.4 Clio, and was still paying through the nose for insurance for something not my fault!! The theft was in 2000, and I've never heard anything since. As you can guess, I'm still not really over it! I'd only had the car 4 months!
Anyway, I deserve our CTR, even if I'm not paying for it!!
May get a disklock, but regarding a Tracker, I'm not sure I'd want the car back if a thief had been in it. No knowing what they've done to it and it would damage your re-sale as you'd have to declare it stolen and recovered.
By J
Dont know if I would want a car back once its been nicked
By smithers
personally I don't see the point in diskloks. if as everyone says they need the keys to steal the car, where are you going to put the key for the disklok :?

good visual deterrant on a car with bad security, but not for a car with good security. plus i'm too lazy to take it on and off!

if it gets nicked, it's insured, but wouldn't want it back if it had been!

I don't think the price of a tracker is worthwhile either for the cost of a ctr - if it was a more expensive car i would consider it.

Just my opinion, but i do think we live in a society where fear is bred into us, sometimes rightly so, but more often than not to make us buy more products or to change our political opinions.

common sense is usually the best deterrant for theft - hide keys away and don't leave them on show :)
By BLINGSTER
Going back around 5 years my mate had an new 'X' reg Renault Clio (1.2!!) :lol: :lol: and one night when he got back to it he had a knife :shock: pulled on him and they took the key off him.
He had a steering lock on it and, I didn't realise it at the time, he quite cleverly used to keep the steering lock key separate to the car key, so the robbing scum jumped in the car and couldn't go anywhere and he legged it up the road and dialled 999 chuckling away to himself as he could see the two theives arguing with each other before they too ran away. going do the same with my disklok key, when I get one.
By bigboyjules
HOGGY A wrote:
scousefella wrote:For the Benefit of all users can we have a Sticky please Mr Mod?? :wink:

With the obvious risk you take when becoming the owner of such a Tasty Mota, what security alternatives do people look towards as improvements on the original????

I have seen alot of Disclock comments recently and they seem to have a good reputation.

There are various Forms/Levels of Tracker available too, but at what price.

Please feel free to recommend what you consider worth shouting about, or if something is not up to the expectations, tell us all!!

Shooting Twokers is not an option. :evil:
I NO IT SOUNDS SILLY,BUT EVERYBODY HAS HEARD OF CLIFFORD CAR ALARMS,I BOUGHT SOME GENUINE CLIFFORD STICKERS FORM E-BAY JUST TO PUT ON MY WINDOWS AND TO BLAG EVERYBODY THAT IVE GOT A CLIFFORD FITTERD ,TOUCH WOOD NOBODY HAS TOUCHED ANY OF MY CARS PAST AND PRESENT JUST A CHEAP WAY OF ADDING SOME EXRTA SERCURITY TO YOUR CAR AND LETS FACE IT THE THEIF DOESN'T KNOW YOU HAVE NOT GOT ONE FITTERD,SILLY OR NOT ?
Whot has a clifford alarm got to do with having your ctr from being stolen iff they can get round the honda CAT1 im sure they can get round a clifford.
By 406lx
Anyone have pic of a blackjax system fitted to their CTR, just wondered where abouts you entered the PIN number?
By limited edition
just take the steering wheel off............if possible and take it to bed!

no steering wheel they're not going to get very far!

:wink:
By landhippy
limited edition wrote:just take the steering wheel off............if possible and take it to bed!

no steering wheel they're not going to get very far!

:wink:
Just like Mr Bean
By Alexpag
Need to change my standard alarm system, budget round 300-350 euros. Any fitted solutions for CTR?
Hiya all,
I had my house broken into in November for the keys to my 05 final edition CTR whilst me and the girlfriend were asleep. I keep the car on the drive, have a gate, and a 6ft fence to get to the back garden. The theives jumped the fence and broke in via an old patio door, levering it off its lock.
As it happens I always kept the keys upstairs, phew. All that was evident the next morning was the coats moved from the bottom of the stairs and pockets searched in the living room and the kitchen drawers/cupboards all open. They found the girlfreinds micra keys and left them at the open patio door. But a comment my aunty made, what would have happened if they really wanted the car? They could have come upstairs! made me re-think my security.
Obviously without the keys the car is near impossible to steal with the advances in alarm technology. So I got the yellow pages out and got a house alarm fitted with door contacts and a new patio door via the house insurance. I also wanted to leave the car keys downstairs so I made lots of enquiries.
The system I wanted would enable the thief to start the car with the keys and drive off! But i would recieve a text to my mobile telling me of un-authorised ignition. The car after 30 seconds of being driven by the thief will start sounding the alarm and then 30 seconds later the fuel\mpump would cut of the fuel supply. I could notify the police immediatley and then track the car via its built in sim card on the followus website. Also if I forget to lock and arm the car I can do this via a text. As is the same with you guys, when in a restuarant it has been known for me to check the cars position twice before I have even recieved my starter, yep sad I know.
Anyway, in short the thief can take the car and clear themselves of the house, but not get very far, approx 1 mile and I can notify the police and track its location.
I hope this advice/story helps. Take care and happy driving.
By limited edition
sorry to hear about that.....get a large dog maybe?

which piece of kit are you talking about that texts to your phone if the car is hijacked??

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]