The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By TheRedBaron
[quote="BitChucker"]Clifford BlackJax 4 Anti-carjacking system (£189 fitted)
Disklok (£55 online from http://www.disklokuk.com/home.html )

quote]

i cant open the link as work blocks me out :twisted: £55 is that right every where ive seen them they are £80+ :shock:
By Adambsmith
The CTR does seem to have good standard security but as we've seen a lot of been nicked through the thieves getting keys from the house.

So we should also be looking at house security. Properly installed and serviced alarms, locking up at night, installing extra locks on patio doors and final exit doors etc etc. The wife's got a nice panic button next to her bedside table (see my Avatar for a picture!!).

Your CTR might be safe and snug on the driveway with its alarm on and locked but if you leave a house window open or have weak locks you may as well have left the CTR with the keys in.

We've got a beware of the dog sign as well which I am sure would put some people off from coming in. Now whether we have a dog at all or a big one or a small one, no one knows....!

For the price of a tracker and its sub you can nearly get a decent house security system with monitoring.
By TheRedBaron
ive got a "beware of the mother in law" sign

but adam does have a valid point! i think violent crime plus house crime is on the up. we have to be on guard ourselves these days! prevention is better than cure.

i mean when was the last time u saw a copper ON FOOT round your estate at 4 in the morning? theres no man power, no funds and no time.
so beat the crims to it.
Last edited by TheRedBaron on Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Adambsmith
SKING666 wrote:ive got a "beware of the mother in law" sign
Even better!! :silly:
By Gforceuk
how about..

Beware Wife ... Permament PMT
By BitChucker
scousefella wrote:
Got to give you the :thumbup: Fella. Sounds like you plan on keeping the Mota. :wink:
That I most certainly do.
SKING666 wrote:
Is £55 right? £80 everywhere
Yes £55 delivered is right mate but you need to order it from that website.
By kinonai
Its £80 for the silver, yellow one is on special.
By daniel
Can anyone tell me where to get the BlackJax system fitted?

Cheers in advance :D
By EvoStu
daniel wrote:Can anyone tell me where to get the BlackJax system fitted?

Cheers in advance :D
Try these guys mate,

Safe and Sound.
113, Manchester Rd Droylsden
Manchester Lancashire
M43 6EG

Tel: 0161 370 4751

Or

Hyde Park Corner
61-63, Dowson Rd
Hyde Cheshire
SK14 1QS

Tel: 0161 368 3757

EvoStu.
By daniel
Cheers Stu, excellent info as always.

I am in the process of buying another ctr, silver of course and have agreed a price with Spoonz who is in Sheffield for his 02 with A/C.
So you may see me about in Denton in the next week or two. :D

Any idea how much the BlackJax is and is it really worth it, I estimate about £300.
By EvoStu
daniel wrote:Any idea how much the BlackJax is and is it really worth it, I estimate about £300.
I'd heard anything from 200-300 for the Blackjax.

EvoStu.
By daniel
thats what i heard, i will check it out once i take ownership of the beast!

Cheers again matey :D
By Bazzer
I don't leave the key's lying around, and have a large object under the bed, ideal for knee caps :wink: The Twocker may enter my house on his own accord, but he won't be leaving on his own accord!
By mbasford
True :lol:

They should fit billy bats has standard. on CTR :lol:
By mbasford
Cameras bought from my local computer show.

Currently running of 9V battery, but plan to connect to main car battery.

Camera is only small, I do know of a couple of other companies that make others. Check out. http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/wireless-kits.htm

Hope it helps
Martin
By SCOTTIECTR
Evostu wrote:These are the problems with running a performance hot hatch or any other wanted nice car. Other people want to have it without paying for it!

Buy something unassuming next time and sleep soundly at night. I love my CTR don't get me wrong but I hate leaving it anywhere at night. I mean we went for a meal at the Trafford Centre tonight and I was dreading leaving it just in case anything happened to it. I have never been like that with any of my previous cars and I don't like feeling like that!

I'd love to have it just as a weekend plaything but at the moment it's just not feasable.

EvoStu.
I know what you mean mate, that's why my 9 month old CTR has less than 4000 miles on it. I only use it weekends and that is to drive, I won't park it anywhere, occasionally out the Mall but then I park the furthest possible space away. Stupid I know, and it's costing alot of money that I can't afford but I can't bear to not have a performance motor. It drives the GF mad, and even though she owns half of it she's only driven it about 5 times. What are you going to go for?
By HASNIC
SCOTTIECTR wrote:

I know what you mean mate, that's why my 9 month old CTR has less than 4000 miles on it. I only use it weekends and that is to drive, I won't park it anywhere, occasionally out the Mall but then I park the furthest possible space away. Stupid I know, and it's costing alot of money that I can't afford but I can't bear to not have a performance motor. It drives the GF mad, and even though she owns half of it she's only driven it about 5 times. What are you going to go for?
I'm the same mate, I try and hide my car at the Mall :roll:
By SCOTTIECTR
Nick, that's probably why I've never seen it there then, you're obviously doing well.
By HASNIC
SCOTTIECTR wrote:Nick, that's probably why I've never seen it there then, you're obviously doing well.
I'm not there often but yeah its generally tucked away :lol:
By gordy 1769
i must be lucky here we have 2 cars ctr gets priority where it goes dodgy place i take the laguna sport cat 1 system fitted. this car does the supermarket runs and anywhere we going where the car parks are busy :wink: mind you i thought the renault was nice to drive till i got my 04ctr now it feels shite :o but the ctrs home is in the garage whith the renault blocking the garage door and all keys hidden away :wink: only problem is i keep forgetting where ive hidden the keys :evil:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]