The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By scousefella
For the Benefit of all users can we have a Sticky please Mr Mod?? :wink:

With the obvious risk you take when becoming the owner of such a Tasty Mota, what security alternatives do people look towards as improvements on the original????

I have seen alot of Disclock comments recently and they seem to have a good reputation.

There are various Forms/Levels of Tracker available too, but at what price.

Please feel free to recommend what you consider worth shouting about, or if something is not up to the expectations, tell us all!!

Shooting Twokers is not an option. :evil:
By iainp999
tracker monitor is well worth it.

i am not admitting to having it on the CTR mind, so any potential thieves/car jackers will just have to worry for the first few miles ;-)

if I haven't got them first
By scousefella
iainp999 wrote:tracker monitor is well worth it.

i am not admitting to having it on the CTR mind, so any potential thieves/car jackers will just have to worry for the first few miles ;-)

if I haven't got them first
:lol: :lol: :wink:

It has to be said that with recent events, many highlighted on this forum, the BlackJax system seems to have a certain amount of "Feel Good Factor" about it.
By HASNIC
I use a Disclock as I feel for value for money you can't beat it. Its a great visual detterant aswell.

Would go for a tracker system at some point, just need to find the cash from somewhere :roll:
By scousefella
HASNIC wrote:I use a Disclock as I feel for value for money you can't beat it. Its a great visual detterant aswell.

Would go for a tracker system at some point, just need to find the cash from somewhere :roll:
Understood mate. Security does cost a fistful and can be quite a drain on the wallet.

I suppose the satisfaction gained from top of the range kit is worth the £££ in the long run though.
By EvoStu
These are the problems with running a performance hot hatch or any other wanted nice car. Other people want to have it without paying for it!

Buy something unassuming next time and sleep soundly at night. I love my CTR don't get me wrong but I hate leaving it anywhere at night. I mean we went for a meal at the Trafford Centre tonight and I was dreading leaving it just in case anything happened to it. I have never been like that with any of my previous cars and I don't like feeling like that!

I'd love to have it just as a weekend plaything but at the moment it's just not feasable.

EvoStu.
By scousefella
Evostu wrote:These are the problems with running a performance hot hatch or any other wanted nice car. Other people want to have it without paying for it!

Buy something unassuming next time and sleep soundly at night. I love my CTR don't get me wrong but I hate leaving it anywhere at night. I mean we went for a meal at the Trafford Centre tonight and I was dreading leaving it just in case anything happened to it. I have never been like that with any of my previous cars and I don't like feeling like that!

I'd love to have it just as a weekend plaything but at the moment it's just not feasable.

EvoStu.
With you all the way Stu. There is an element of Fear involved with CTR ownership.

There is nothing better than unleashing the Demon and giving that glorious engine the workout it craves. Then you have to park it up and turn your back on it. :evil:

There are to many people (Wronguns) who take these days, and the CTR does have a certain magnetism.

I have recently been considering a Jackson Racing Supercharger for my CTR, but when I evaluate the cost of that compared to the cost of Major security, Plus the obvious insurance benefits, the security wins hands down.

Oh, and the Mrs wants to take her driving test!!!! :shock: :x :evil: :fight:
By EvoStu
scousefella wrote:With you all the way Stu. There is an element of Fear involved with CTR ownership.

There is nothing better than unleashing the Demon and giving that glorious engine the workout it craves. Then you have to park it up and turn your back on it. :evil:

There are to many people (Wronguns) who take these days, and the CTR does have a certain magnetism.
Totally agreed mate, hence the reason why this summer I think the CTR will be no more. I'm sick and tired of that feeling plus I'm sick and tired of spending shed loads running a car that never really gets used to it's full potential. :(

EvoStu.
By HOGGY A
scousefella wrote:For the Benefit of all users can we have a Sticky please Mr Mod?? :wink:

With the obvious risk you take when becoming the owner of such a Tasty Mota, what security alternatives do people look towards as improvements on the original????

I have seen alot of Disclock comments recently and they seem to have a good reputation.

There are various Forms/Levels of Tracker available too, but at what price.

Please feel free to recommend what you consider worth shouting about, or if something is not up to the expectations, tell us all!!

Shooting Twokers is not an option. :evil:
I NO IT SOUNDS SILLY,BUT EVERYBODY HAS HEARD OF CLIFFORD CAR ALARMS,I BOUGHT SOME GENUINE CLIFFORD STICKERS FORM E-BAY JUST TO PUT ON MY WINDOWS AND TO BLAG EVERYBODY THAT IVE GOT A CLIFFORD FITTERD ,TOUCH WOOD NOBODY HAS TOUCHED ANY OF MY CARS PAST AND PRESENT JUST A CHEAP WAY OF ADDING SOME EXRTA SERCURITY TO YOUR CAR AND LETS FACE IT THE THEIF DOESN'T KNOW YOU HAVE NOT GOT ONE FITTERD,SILLY OR NOT ?
By Gforceuk
they can generally tell if its a false sticker... and isnt the basic honda security better than an after martket alarm.

best with a disclock and a tracker ...
By HOGGY A
Gforceuk wrote:they can generally tell if its a false sticker... and isnt the basic honda security better than an after martket alarm.

I USE A DISCLOCK AS WELL AND THE STICKERS ARE REAL,AS FOR THE HONDA ALARM ,I WOULD THOUGHT THE CLIFFORD WINS AND EVERYBODY HAS HEARD OF CLIFFORD, BUT FOR A COUPLE OF £ I SURE ITS WORTH A TRY,
By Gforceuk
take a look here , the type-R gets 5/5 for theft of , and 4/5 for theft from...

http://www.thatcham-sites.org/nvsr/html/index.html

basically means damn hard to steal , and hard to steal from... i'd be surpised if clifford is much better.... and presumably would interfere with the honda alarm anyway.
By scousefella
Gforceuk wrote:take a look here , the type-R gets 5/5 for theft of , and 4/5 for theft from...

http://www.thatcham-sites.org/nvsr/html/index.html

basically means damn hard to steal , and hard to steal from... i'd be surpised if clifford is much better.... and presumably would interfere with the honda alarm anyway.
Thatcham link shows a Good 5 Star performance for the CTR. :wink:
By scousefella
HOGGY 07966243389 wrote:
Gforceuk wrote:they can generally tell if its a false sticker... and isnt the basic honda security better than an after martket alarm.

I USE A DISCLOCK AS WELL AND THE STICKERS ARE REAL,AS FOR THE HONDA ALARM ,I WOULD THOUGHT THE CLIFFORD WINS AND EVERYBODY HAS HEARD OF CLIFFORD, BUT FOR A COUPLE OF £ I SURE ITS WORTH A TRY,
Hoggy, any chance of dropping the Caps Lock? :wink:
By HOGGY A
scousefella wrote:
HOGGY 07966243389 wrote:

Hoggy, any chance of dropping the Caps Lock? :wink:[/q

sorry mate,done it
By EvoStu
scousefella wrote:Thatcham link shows a Good 5 Star performance for the CTR. :wink:
And still no bloody let up from the insurers!

One of the the most difficult cars in the UK to nick and they won't give it a lower insurance grouping!

EvoStu.
By BitChucker
As far as security goes on my new 04 which arrives on Tuesday I've already budgeted for the following:

Clifford BlackJax 4 Anti-carjacking system (£189 fitted)
Disklok (£55 online from http://www.disklokuk.com/home.html )

I used to own an Integrale which as you can imagine there aren't too many of, it got plenty of attention wherever it went so I've lived with the feeling of leaving my car in a place where something could happen to it.
By scousefella
BitChucker wrote:As far as security goes on my new 04 which arrives on Tuesday I've already budgeted for the following:

Clifford BlackJax 4 Anti-carjacking system (£189 fitted)
Disklok (£55 online from http://www.disklokuk.com/home.html )

I used to own an Integrale which as you can imagine there aren't too many of, it got plenty of attention wherever it went so I've lived with the feeling of leaving my car in a place where something could happen to it.
Got to give you the :thumbup: Fella. Sounds like you plan on keeping the Mota. :wink:
By mbasford
Yep Honda alarm is the best thats why they need to keys.

I've install an hidden wireless camera, so at least I CAN id the bast**ds if the try again.(only cost £80). Along with garage locks etc etc etc

Smile for the camera boys :D

Be safe all.

Martin :pimp:

PS I do think the police should be allowed to name and shame these people, Im sure they'ed soon think twice. A nice web site with a list of stolen cars, Make model and plate. + plus known car thiefs mug shot site.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]