The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
My dad leaves home at 4:30am so he doesn't dead lock the door behind him. Therefore all they had to do was pull the handle down (disabling the dead locks), put a screw driver in the door and pop the catch. Plastic doors are soft as sh-t so getting a little screw driver in took him 30 seconds.

My brother-in-law left the house next door at 5:50am and the car went off the drive at 5:30am, he thought I was at the gym, which isn't unusual for me. So I went out at 7am to an empty driveway.
Looks like he pulls off the drive then waits for another to pull up behind him before leaving? Fucking scummers :bad-words: . I remember Seanos ctr being nicked and involved in a robbery?....if this happens to yours it's probably the best chance you have of them being caught - if the job goes wrong. Otherwise I don't see how any of these people get caught :-x even with the video footage.

I wonder what he would have done if the keys hadn't been easily found? Whether they all come with the view to a confrontation for the keys or whether he'd have just left without the car?? Probs best you didn't find out.
damn, mother f*ckers!!!! :bad-words:
Man it must be gutting seeing your hard work drive off like that!!!

Its just metal end of day, hopefully insurance will go smoothly and you can get another one....

Makes me think twice about parking my car outside my house....
tuf wrote:damn, mother f*ckers!!!! :bad-words:
Man it must be gutting seeing your hard work drive off like that!!!

Its just metal end of day, hopefully insurance will go smoothly and you can get another one....

Makes me think twice about parking my car outside my house....

Best thing to do is hide your keys (even though you shouldn't have too)
tonyb86 wrote:Best thing to do is hide your keys (even though you shouldn't have too)
You think? I reckon hang them on a hook by the front door, if they're there for the car, i'd rather them just take it and f**k off, rather than have a confrontation.
RSFN2GT wrote:I used to put my disklok on and keep the Disklok key separate from the car keys. I haven't had to use the disklok in some time however.

Disklok is an excellent deterrent.
I have two and use it regularly on both cars. I think imight just stop parking my car right outside my house....

I have posted the OP post at the following websites to keep extra eyes out for it-

http://www.ek9.org/forum/general-chat/3 ... post318762

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/394190.aspx

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]