The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By 0ane
Hi guys just to let you all know I had an ep2 stolen in may last year, it was red and my project was to make it a type r replica as I couldn't afford the insurance for a type r at 19! So in the car was all the type r interior, the spoiler, the wheels etc and its been found! The police pulled a truck up near halifax a week ago and have found my ep2 in bits in the back of it along with several other cars... They know its mine due to the chasis numbers they have found.. They want to apeak to me about "lost property" they have found so hopefully may get some bits back like the seats, wheels etc! I'm more happy that some scumbag isn't driving round in it to be honest and in a way it made me more determined to get my ep3! So they did me a favour haha! But we shall see what the old bill have to say tomorrow!
By Sedge
The police should know that there will have been a payout on insurance.... either way the insurance company now 'own' the car. Tough but tis the way it works.
Sedge
Chris6t9 wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:Seeing as your insurance company (presumably?) paid out on the loss, the bits will belong to them, not you.
Unless you dont tell them
you cant get away without paying tax on your car how you think you going to get away with this?!.
Sedge wrote:The police should know that there will have been a payout on insurance.... either way the insurance company now 'own' the car. Tough but tis the way it works.
Sedge
Exactly
By 0ane
Never got paid out from the insurance due to a technicality (basically I insured her in someone elses name and then when we bought the car I signed for it) stupid me, I would never ever do that again, so the bits are all mine as I have the logbook! Now I feel they broke it as the thieves were stealing it on the basis of it being an ep3 type r, only to discover that when they got it to wherever they wanted it it had a 1.6 sport engine in, so that's presumably why they broke it! Anyway ill hear more tonight
By alan83
0ane wrote:Never got paid out from the insurance due to a technicality (basically I insured her in someone elses name and then when we bought the car I signed for it) stupid me, I would never ever do that again, so the bits are all mine as I have the logbook! Now I feel they broke it as the thieves were stealing it on the basis of it being an ep3 type r, only to discover that when they got it to wherever they wanted it it had a 1.6 sport engine in, so that's presumably why they broke it! Anyway ill hear more tonight
Why was it insured in someone elses name? confused :???:
By 0ane
As my insurance worked out a lot cheaper if I was just an added driver on the policy, rather than the policy holder, my own silly fault and a lesson learned! But all in all I'm just glad no1 else is driving about in it! And by the way my insurance at the minute is in my name and I wouldn't ever attempt to get cheaper insurance like that ever again! I was young niave and thought I was getting myself a good deal!
By Chris6t9
0ane wrote:As my insurance worked out a lot cheaper if I was just an added driver on the policy, rather than the policy holder, my own silly fault and a lesson learned! But all in all I'm just glad no1 else is driving about in it! And by the way my insurance at the minute is in my name and I wouldn't ever attempt to get cheaper insurance like that ever again! I was young niave and thought I was getting myself a good deal!
Allot of people are doing this. A little while ago i had a little banter with someone on here about it, because he had done what you did. He wasen't having any of it though and decided on the cheaper option.
By 0ane
Well anyone who is reading this I would strongly advise you don't do the insurance of your vehicle that way, 9 times out of ten there won't be a problem but it takes it to go once or for you to have an accident and your in big trouble, not only could you get prosecuted for trying to make a fraudulant claim (luckily this didn't happen to me) but you could also end up not getting paid out like I did! I learnt my lesson the hard way and you should be 100 percent honest with your insurance company, as trying to save a few hundred quid could result in losing hell of a lot of money, in my case 7k!!! The best advice I can give to make insurance cheaper is to be the main policy holder of your car and if you have family (eg mum or dad) who have a clean license and lots of ncb! The add them on your policy so they ate also eligibale to drive your car, I find this brings my insurance down quite a bit and it is legal as I'm the policy holder and the main driver of the car! Yet if needs be my mum n dad can also drive it aswell! Hope this helps you guys out there when it comes to choosing insurance! Dane
By 0ane
Yeah I suppose really we were, but the point I'm trying to get across here is for younger drivers not to "front" their insurance! As like the bbc say this is illegal and you don't save yourself nothing if it dosent work out... All in all HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!
0ane wrote:Yeah I suppose really we were, but the point I'm trying to get across here is for younger drivers not to "front" their insurance! As like the bbc say this is illegal and you don't save yourself nothing if it dosent work out... All in all HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!
:salut:

never a truer word said.
By JackA
dandemoraliser wrote:You mean "fronting".

Being a named driver on a policy you should actually be the main driver on?

I'm out. Young and stupid is not an excuse. You were 18 no doubt therefore an adult, sadly the person who was the main driver/policy holder is equally stupid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/m ... 052569.stm
but fair play for him admitting he was wrong AND trying to warn others before they do the same.
By Barney
JackA wrote:

I'm out. Young and stupid is not an excuse. You were 18 no doubt therefore an adult, sadly the person who was the main driver/policy holder is equally stupid.

but fair play for him admitting he was wrong AND trying to warn others before they do the same.
yes, hear, hear.

my boss fronts for his kids and blantaly tells his broker. he then switched to their own policy and used the years as a named driver to reduce the premium
Good to see your getting some parts back from your loss.

On the topic of insurance i phoned my insurer the other week to see about having my mrs as the main driver whilst its still my name on the paperwork to own the car. After a quick conversation with thier boss they said it was fine with me owning the car and the mrs being the main driver thus saving me a few hundred quid for the year :-D
By rodanmk2

Don't be a nobber - he has said he was stupid to do it and advised everyone against it. Think he paid the price well enough with not being paid out for the car being nicked.

No point in banging on about it - he has already shown why you shouldn't do it by sharing the story with everyone. No better indication as to why no one should do it.

:roll:
Its good you got it back but the insurance thing next time get the person whos name you put it in to sign for it! My insurance is kindve the way you have done it ive insured my cupra r in my name but im covered to drive anyother car thats not in my name and that car doesnt have to be insured just taxed and moted im with quinn direct it just means if anythjng happens its only covered third party so you loose out its just upto you if you can afford to take the risk and loose out on the car! Let us know how it comes back to you ie condition or just a shell!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]