The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By Gravy
J wrote:
civictyper45 wrote:
J wrote:Please explain how you use the car once in a while and it was not insured.
becouse i only used to use it when there we went santa pod or other odd occasions and just did as of when needed... and the insurance on that wasn`t a mere 100 pounds it was like around the 1900 mark so wasn`t any point for what i used it for...

:scratch:

Either I am stupid but that does not make any sence.
It is almost unintelligable, tbh

Isn't there a law about insurance being compulsory even if a car is SORNed and parked on private land :scratch: ... or did I dream it?
By J
becouse i only used to use it when we went santa pod or other odd occasions and just did as of when needed... and the insurance on that wasn`t a mere 100 pounds it was like around the 1900 mark so wasn`t any point for what i used it for...
So was it a track car used at the Pod and it went down on a trailer, or was it the car you used to go to Santa Pod and you used it on the road.
By J
Its like trying to get bolld out of a stone this :lol:

So how did you drive it on the road without insurance.
By J
civictyper45 wrote:
J wrote:Its like trying to get bolld out of a stone this :lol:

So how did you drive it on the road without insurance.
i did have insurance as of when i used to drive it on the road ... :scratch:
and the worse bit is it wasnt insured as it wasnt used hardly ever only like once in a rare occasion and just used to use temp cover on it as of when needed

Jesus, are you for real. :lol:
By civictyper45
civictyper45 wrote: and the worse bit is it wasnt insured as it wasnt used hardly ever only like once in a rare occasion and just used to use temp cover on it as of when needed :-|
Carlie wrote:Do you mean you got temporary cover for a day or so when you used it?

I think that's what they're not getting. :thumbup:
but i already stated this in my FIRST post. :scratch:
By J
Rossco wrote:
jymmm wrote:
Rossco wrote:
civictyper45 wrote:and the worse bit is it wasnt insured as it wasnt used hardly ever only like once in a rare occasion and just used to use temp cover on it as of when needed :-|
:roflmao:
is a :roflmao: really needed ?
Yep. "Hardly ever used". Riiigggggggghhhhhhhhhttttttt. So rather than paying a mere £100 or so a year for third party insurance, he continually paid for cover notes on these 'rare occassions'?

Serves him right. Hopefully he didnt bother contacting the police - what with the low regard he holds for them and all..........

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
So we go back to this. :lol:
By RoBMX
[quote="J"][quote="civictyper45"][quote="J"]Its like trying to get bolld out of a stone this :lol:

So how did you drive it on the road without insurance.[/quote]

i did have insurance as of when i used to drive it on the road ... :scratch:[/quote]

[quote]and the worse bit is it wasnt insured as it wasnt used hardly ever only like once in a rare occasion and just used to use temp cover on it as of when needed

[/quote] :vconf:

Jesus, are you for real. :lol: [/quote]
:scratch: Seems sensible, and legal, to me. What is ta problem?
By Omni
Dunno, suppose the problem is that if you do it like that, you don't really have much of a leg to stand on if someone nicks it, and sympathy on here is unlikely to be forthcoming.
By civictyper45
Omni wrote:Dunno, suppose the problem is that if you do it like that, you don't really have much of a leg to stand on if someone nicks it, and sympathy on here is unlikely to be forthcoming.
i know and i wasnt looking for sympathy just making use of the forum thats all :scratch:
and it was my loss oh well.....sh!t happens :smile:
By SuperFLY
civictyper45 wrote:i dont get what i actually done wrong?
is it me or am i missing something :scratch:
i've read the last few replies and like you i cant figure out what their problem is either :scratch:

must be all those kittens and babies you kill each day when you keep a car off the road. kinda like saying you dont believe in fairies.. you do believe in fairies dont you??
By civictyper45
SuperFLY wrote:
civictyper45 wrote:i dont get what i actually done wrong?
is it me or am i missing something :scratch:
i've read the last few replies and like you i cant figure out what their problem is either :scratch:

must be all those kittens and babies you kill each day when you keep a car off the road. kinda like saying you dont believe in fairies.. you do believe in fairies dont you??
yes and my favorite is the tooth fairy :roflmao:
By I need VTEC
Surely you must have thought 'Gee, what's going to happen if it gets stolen or vandalised?' when you thought about your little money saving scheme.

If you didn't think about that consequence, then its unfortunate but thats life and maybe you won't make that stupid mistake again. Perhaps also, don't advertise your lack of insurance on an easily accessible public forum again. Anyone on here who canvasses forums could go 'His next run about is an easy target' perhaps. It happens.

Also, if you're not after attention or sympathy, I don't know why you posted this? Since none of us can help you, it smacks of 'Please feel sorry for me today'.
By JackA
I need VTEC wrote:Surely you must have thought 'Gee, what's going to happen if it gets stolen or vandalised?' when you thought about your little money saving scheme.

If you didn't think about that consequence, then its unfortunate but thats life and maybe you won't make that stupid mistake again. Perhaps also, don't advertise your lack of insurance on an easily accessible public forum again. Anyone on here who canvasses forums could go 'His next run about is an easy target' perhaps. It happens.

Also, if you're not after attention or sympathy, I don't know why you posted this? Since none of us can help you, it smacks of 'Please feel sorry for me today'.
At no point did he say 'please feel sorry for me'

Like he said, he's just making use of the forum, hopefully spreading the word and increasing his chances in finding it. seems harsh that after having his car nicked you also seem to think he's on a forum begging for sympathy? fornicate me if my ctr got stolen i'd want every man and his dog to know about it.

Lots of people have temporary insurance cover on cars they use for track. its easy in hindsight to say EVERYTHING outside should be insured but lets be honest, we all think 'it'll never happen to me' don't we?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]